LED choices

JSP 714

I was wondering , what led's are you using ?
I'm using a viparspectra par 450 , added a cf grow 300 Cobb for my previous run and current...
Figure I'll be in the market soon ,so I was wondering what everyone likes ..
Pic is my pic of the litter of my 2 white widow fems,,on 12/12 for a month...
20200510_213045.jpg
20200510_212850.jpg

Both girls

Checked those out online .. I'm thinking the ts 2000 would be good for my 2 by 3 by 5 tent.
Thanks ..
I think that's plenty of light for that size tent, I'm going to be putting my ts1000 which covers a 3x3 veg print perfect for my veg tent and if you're using it for flower you'll be set cause it covers 3x5 veg and 2x4 for flower. I got 3 of their lights and am quite happy with them so far. They are part of our sponsors here I think they have a discount for 420mag members.
@SmokeSara can help you out if you go with them.

Good looking girls btw!

The most important thing is full-spectrum (400-700nm). and LED's with Far-red IR light (730nm) tend to have a higher yield than those without. mars hydro lights all have IR lights in them if I'm not mistaken
I have a few LED's with IR lights and a few without. the difference. is noticeable.

The most important thing is full-spectrum (400-700nm). and LED's with Far-red IR light (730nm) tend to have a higher yield than those without. mars hydro lights all have IR lights in them if I'm not mistaken
I have a few LED's with IR lights and a few without. the difference. is noticeable.
So share your wisdom RedZed. Which ones do which ones don't? How can you tell? we'd appreciate it.

So share your wisdom RedZed. Which ones do which ones don't? How can you tell? we'd appreciate it.
I looked at another of lights today at a major online shopping site ...
The spider farmers, mars, and viparspectras newer models all seem to have that 730nmIR.
Thats probably why they are higher priced marks

unfortunately, we can't talk too much about names of the companies or link to them as far as I understand, but the companies definitely will advertise having "IR lights with 730 nm" or in nick's case, budget LED has UV lights.
here's a light spectrum
1589410348797.png

so @Slicknick909 was talking about UV and that's less than 400 nm. Our eyes can see 400-700 nm. which is visible light.
We use blue light for veg, 400-500 nm
and we use Red light for bloom 600-700 nm
you might also see some white/ yellow lights on your bloom setting.
We can use green light (500-600 nm) to look at our plants during lights off. any other kind of light during a plants dark period can be harmful.
Infared or "far-red" is created with IR lights that shine at 730nm.
This is basically a picture version of what I just said. it shows how the different wavelengths of light are absorbed by plants
1589410712456.png

As you can see, the plant still absorbs some light that is less than 400 (UV) and greater than 700 (infared)
That's what botanists and biologists are researching these days to potentially unlock booming yields in not just cannabis, but also food crops! :yummy:
I hope I got this mostly right. :rofl:
Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Grow on Blaze on :blunt:

Back
Top Bottom