LED Grow BlackDiamond/Perfect Sun - Autopot - NL x Haze - Haze Auto - NL Auto - LST

Re: LED Grow BlackDiamond/Perfect Sun - Autopot - NL x Haze - Haze Auto - NL Auto - L

You don't but I recommend it if they are sticking together in clumps when u shake the jar. It will help them dry more evenly. Maybe after a week you should be fine bt that first week I wouldn't take any chances. It definitely doesn't hurt it. Especially since ur rh is over 60. My room is closer to 50. And I just use the bodeva 62 packs I dry the buds for 3 or 4 days until they are almost brittle then jar them. They plump up after and I just keep letting fresh air hit then everyday until they stop clumping together in the jar. Just my preference.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Re: LED Grow BlackDiamond/Perfect Sun - Autopot - NL x Haze - Haze Auto - NL Auto - L

will see what works best as will have 2 jars soon . Just harvested 3/4 of another girl today. left the rest to get a little more bud on :)

Probably could burp them for less time bt I would recommend taking them out n puting them on something clean the let the buds at the bottom dry out if u have qtr or bigger Mason jars!

will see what works best as will have 2 jars soon . Just harvested 3/4 of another girl today. left the rest to get a little more bud on :)

Jgrowlove has a good method there. I quit using jars for the initial cure due to quantity and now use one gallon freezer bags. They are a little stronger than normal ziplock bags. But using the Boveda packs I still open them daily for the first two weeks and gently take them out onto clean paper if they need it. It's much easier to do this with the bags versus bottles. Then I switch to weekly for a few more weeks and if I haven't smoked, cooked, extracted it all in the meantime it eventually gets sealed in mason jars with a B62.

will have 2 days in the next 10 days when I will not be at home and not be able to open and close jars. What should I do ? should I put it into one of those clipon jars and leave it open as much as the hinge will allow ? or just ventilate really well before I leave and then see what/s what ? the first jar that has begun the cure will be ok by then and be on a weekly schedule for fresh air, but the second jar, drying at the moment will be just a few days jared so don t know what do say . Help ? :))
right now I am using some small jars - don t know the size, sorry, but have ordered 3l ones to see how it goes. the autos don t think will yeld more than 80 grams tops/ per plant if Im lucky. Like I said, the first one came out at about 65grams dried .
tks for the input guys
some photos :)
IMG_097936.JPG
IMG_098038.JPG

the other NL auto - still has a while to go
IMG_079033.JPG
IMG_078843.JPG
IMG_078744.JPG

Really not sure. I would dry them out completely before u jar then and leave tho.

if my calculations are correct they will be just 2-3 days out of the drying box so nowhere near being ready to dry completely . Will see close to then what to do. Maybe I will raise the RH in my drying box and leave them drying longer but don t think I can push them that long . Damn

I wouldn't leave them in ur drying box for that long. If u got 2 or 3 days I think u could be ok jarring them. Better chance of them not getting moldy. Would be too crispy dry to enjoy if u dry them for 10 days.

I wouldn't leave them in ur drying box for that long. If u got 2 or 3 days I think u could be ok jarring them. Better chance of them not getting moldy. Would be too crispy dry to enjoy if u dry them for 10 days.

If I had an AC and managed to keep the temps down to 20C I am sure they could have gone 10 days at 65% but as I said, temps are high in there as no AC. They will get at least 4-5 days in the drying box and 4-5 days in the jar before I leave. I have been looking into going by plane instead of by car and think will also do that so I can return the same evening or the next day at lunch time the latest so will only be 24 to 36 hours they will be without fresh air. Hoping for the best !

LED Grow BlackDiamond/Perfect Sun - Autopot - NL x Haze - Haze Auto - NL Auto...

Catnip - I am also careful of geting my light to close and I also got some leaf curling on some plants but decided to ignore it untill I see damage done to the bud, which I saw none. The rest of the plant seems to love it. I am also using a co2 smart bag who is supposed help the plants handle higher temps and more light better . I am sure the co2 bag helps as before I got it because of temps and proximity to the light all my top leafes were curling and bending. I took the dehumidifiier out of function at the moment and temps have gone down. Will be able to monitor closely in the next few days and see how it goes. Temps are 20-23C and rh is 55-65 in the drying box at the moment. Peace out !

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

@1StTime
I think you are okay with the burping at this stage. Two days out if ten not getting burped is not going to hurt anything. Big thing is not to leave them for an extended time if there is still moisture in there. Anerobic bacteria is one of your buds biggest enemies, but they can't get growing if you keep changing the air. That with the B62s should stabilize your cure after a couple weeks. Then it's just a burp once a week for a while and then you can seal them air tight with the Boveda still in there.

Here is my Auto Mazar harvested this past summer. It's been in a jar for the last 4-5 months and sealed air tight for about the last two. I open once a month just to smell that wonderful aroma of grapefruit. When they were first going into the cure the colors were not this distinct.

@1StTime
I think you are okay with the burping at this stage. Two days out if ten not getting burped is not going to hurt anything. Big thing is not to leave them for an extended time if there is still moisture in there. Anerobic bacteria is one of your buds biggest enemies, but they can't get growing if you keep changing the air. That with the B62s should stabilize your cure after a couple weeks. Then it's just a burp once a week for a while and then you can seal them air tight with the Boveda still in there.

Here is my Auto Mazar harvested this past summer. It's been in a jar for the last 4-5 months and sealed air tight for about the last two. I open once a month just to smell that wonderful aroma of grapefruit. When they were first going into the cure the colors were not this distinct.

looking forward to that :) atm the smell is nowhere close to the smell it had when it was still in the pot. more like fresh cut grass :) but its been just 3 days in the jar so long way to go. the real waiting game has begun.
here are some photos of the half harvested girl and another shot of one of the NothernLights x5 HAZE - she is almost at week 9. I think she will go 12 weeks instead of 11 maybe even 13 by the look of her so still about 3 weeks to 1 month to go, 1 of nutrients . We will see how she goes. looks like she will be really big.
IMG_098842.JPG
IMG_098937.JPG
IMG_099038.JPG
IMG_099136.JPG
IMG_099233.JPG
IMG_099337.JPG

NLx5 HAZE
IMG_099440.JPG

Well , it seems my other hygrometer is not accurate at all. bought these more accurate one used for humidors and did a jar test with the boveda 62% . The results below
The old cheap one was showing 65% , not much off , but enough to make me feel better :)

IMG_102240.JPG
IMG_102341.JPG

So you are leaving 3 days on NY, nobody to burp them. What do you do ? some will be almost 3 weeks in the jar and some 10 days in the jar . will that be enough time in the jar with boveda 62% in them to leave for 3 days with no air ? or should I use the clip on jars and half close the clip ? or just close the lid a little crooked so some air comes in ? or put a line in from an air pump with a timer for 10 minutes a day ? or just leave them closed in a dark cold place in larger jars with 2 boved paks in them?

quite a few choices you ve got :)))

EDIT : I guess I should first check the RH withouth the boveda ? but I am guesing its 62% because they were slighlty dryer that 62% when going into jars. From what I ve read now I could burp them just once a week ?
should I have started out without the boveda ? but I am sure hey were dryer than that .

I say let them get really dry before u leave like lay them out on newspaper or something in a room around 50% RH for a day or two until their sugar leaves start to get brittle before u leave then jar them with the bovedas and pray to the cannagods that they will be ok for your vacation!

Id rather avoid the parying as I am not very religious :)) and go with some science . mold apears when the air is not moved and when exposed to high temps and light right ? i have the last 2 covered. now about the air. will see what I find on the www :)

second batch dried up and jarred today. it s a different strain. like i said i mixed the 2 up but I think this one is the amnezia haze and the other one is the NL . my question is : the second one i jared today smells alot better then the first one even from day 1 . is it because it was all yellowed up and the chlorophile was already almost gone while the other was more green they yellow when cut down ?

Id rather avoid the parying as I am not very religious :)) and go with some science . mold apears when the air is not moved and when exposed to high temps and light right ? i have the last 2 covered. now about the air. will see what I find on the www :)
For three days I don't think you will have a problem leaving them. Especially if you think they were below the normal 62%. I would not vacuum seal them yet as that will invite anerobic bacteria and that could be a problem. But if you burp them before you leave they should be fine for three days.

Tks Hemi that s what I wanted to hear :) . The smell is coming back to my first batch but only just. Guess time is your friend on this one .
put the second batch back in the drying box for a few hours at humidity 60% as it was about 75% in the jar so still had a little to go. will check again later in the afternoon before lights out and see if they need till the morning or it s all ok.
Happy growing

Back
Top Bottom