Grow 3 - LED Hydro - NL5 x Haze - La Diva Auto - Soil - Blueberry

Here we go. Lots of pics on this update.

The Veg tent running G8LED 240watt with LaDiva Auto, Blueberry, Betty, Wilma, and NL5xHaze clones will be flipped to 12/12 today. We'll see how LaDiva does with 12/12 the rest of her days. Blueberry was topped last week and responded well. She was transplanted into 3 gal smart pot 2 days ago. Betty and Wilma I left alone cause I want vertical growth as this tent will be super tight. I may have to sacrifice Betty and maybe one or two of the clones. We'll see. I have yet to use any nutrients on the soil plants as they show no signs of needing anything. Ocean Forest has supplied plenty so far and I really like it.
IMG_460910.JPG
IMG_45914.JPG
IMG_45924.jpg
IMG_45954.jpg
IMG_45993.jpg
IMG_46024.JPG

All the clones were transplanted to soil. The one clone that was taken during veg (top right corner of below pic) was transplanted last week in soil and the 3 clones that were taken 1 week into flower were transplanted 2 days ago. All look good. I've received my colloidal silver and will be spraying starting today the 1 clone that was taken during veg. One of the clones is in a 2gal smart pot that I want to grow and compare flavor with the one in waterfarm. Not going to use this one for seeds. I picked the sampler General Organics Box at my local hydro shop for $40 and will be using that on all the soil grows.
IMG_46043.jpg

And last but not least the beastly beauty NL5H grown in waterfarm that has caused space issues for my other plants. I still replace her nutrient reservoir twice a week with 1/2 strength nutrients only now I top her off every other day with 1/4 strength nutes which has caused slight burning on the tips but nothing to worry about. She is still a nice bright green and very healthy. I added the topping because after 1.5 to 2 days the fresh 1.8 EC reservoir change will drop to below ~550 ms. She is a big eater. I removed all fan leaves that were over 8" big. Not going to do full defoliation. Wish my Mars wasn't busted up. I added a 150watt soft CFL to fill in for the bad light. Top LED won't replace/fix it until I send it in even though I've done major testing for them and it is a bad board. I will ship it in to them after the grow to get fixed. Won't buy this brand again as it was a lot more trouble working with the support then its been worth. I may open another forum on the support but not to bash anyone but to provide my detailed experience with support and for others to provide their experience as well. Anyhow, here's my sexy beast which is now 49" (not including height of waterfarm) tall and hopefully has stopped stretching because I have maxed out my vertical space and she is 3" away from touching lights.
IMG_46105.jpg
IMG_46127.jpg
IMG_46177.JPG
IMG_46235.JPG
IMG_46315.JPG
IMG_46484.JPG
IMG_46515.JPG
IMG_46553.jpg
IMG_46626.JPG

Hope everyones garden is dank.
:peace: :)

Went a little psycho on NL5H. I started wanting to only pinch off a few larger fan leaves. Then I just could not stop and did a full on defoliation of her. Any fan leaf where my fingers could reach the stem was fair game. :) I may have some room to put a couple of plants from my other tent in here now. It is super bright now for the lower buds. She is a big trichome producer which I'm happy about.

IMG_46843.jpg
IMG_46854.JPG
IMG_46882.JPG
IMG_46982.JPG
IMG_4693.JPG
IMG_205614.jpg
IMG_205110.jpg

And here are the girls in the other tent. I will be defoliating La Diva Auto shortly and will defoliate others as well after the stretch is done in order to get more light since it is so crowded.
IMG_46816.jpg
IMG_46755.JPG

NL5H is still on 1/2 strength GH schedule. I may drop her to 1/3 as she has stopped consuming as much since the stretch stopped.

La Diva is on full strength MaxiBloom (Lucas Formula). Her growth is slow and seems to have stopped. The buds aren't swelling that fast. I'm using RO water which brings the ph to below 4 after adding nutes. I have to use 6 ml of ph up to bring her to 5.7. Maybe this has something to do with the slowness. Who knows.

I've also started all the soil grows on GO box. The ph also drops to around 4 but I didn't adjust since they do not recommend this for organic. They seem to be fine but i'll continue to monitor closely.
:peace::)

The garden is looking fantastic Smiles. Your Northern Lights looks very nice also, even after the haircut. I'm sure she'll bounce right back, and good luck with the seed experiment.
Cheers.;)

Took some pictures a few minutes before lights on.

I'm really digging the General Organics line up used with Ocean Forest soil. The soil plants are very healthy and happy. Not a single burnt tip and just a nice lush green color. I am giving them full strength with feed-water-feed schedule. The ph is around 4 (I use RO H2O) when mixing which is scary but I trusted that the ph will adjust it self in the soil and it has as apparent by the plants. Very happy with this product and can't wait to try the end organic product. Damn that Bio Marine stinks! :thedoubletake:

I'm 100% positive Betty is AK 47. She has the exact same woody, skunky smell as my last grow. As for Wilma I know she is not AK or PC. So I'm leaning 80% White Widow and 20% Jack Flash 5. It can be no other strain. Maybe someone who has grown the strains before can provide an opinion on this as she matures.

La Diva Auto is doing well. I gave her a defol last week.

IMG_47076.JPG
IMG_47204.JPG

NL5H has responded well to defol and is starting to fatten up. The calyxes of the tallest buds that are 1 in from light are swelling big time. She is just past the half way point of flowering according to Sensi Seeds profile on the strain. The profile they have is spot on with how my plant is growing. :thumb:
IMG_4728.JPG

Some pics of the tallest buds near the light.
IMG_47461.JPG
IMG_47374.jpg
IMG_47334.jpg
IMG_47323.jpg

Some pics of middle and lower tier buds
IMG_47727.jpg

IMG_47313.jpg
IMG_47413.jpg
IMG_47495.JPG
IMG_47276.jpg
IMG_47225.jpg

So yeah, I'm a big fan of GH and GO products. Think I will settle into these products. May go full organic but in no rush.

Thought I would test out the camera on my new iphone 6 + I got yesterday so using it for this update. The clarity and detail is not up to par to my Canon DSLR but that was to be expected.

The NL5H colloidal silver experiment is working great. She is nannering hard. A big thanks and shout out to toker69 for this. I moved her to my crawl space under the stairs so she doesn't pollinate my other girls unwantingly. You can see a little spider there enjoying the environment. Will let you live this time. I'll be making fem seeds with the other NL5H clones, Blueberry, and Wilma. Won't pollinate Betty as she is from a herm seed. I feel like a mad scientist.

IMG_21129.jpg
IMG_208112.jpg

Soil plants continue to do great. Loving GO nutrients. Not a single sign of issues on them.

IMG_209313.jpg
IMG_209213.jpg

LDA has responded well to defol. She is slow to develop but doing well.
IMG_209414.jpg
IMG_209019.jpg

NL5H is 53 inches tall from hydroton to top. She is wall to wall, floor to roof bud factory. Responding nicely to full defol from 2 weeks ago.

IMG_209717.jpg
IMG_209822.jpg
IMG_210016.JPG
IMG_210319.JPG
IMG_210417.jpg

Looks like I'll get some nice sized popcorn nugs from her at the bottom. Pretty good I think for being so far below the lights. She has over 3 weeks of flowering left.

Thanks Gov. She is definitely leggy. I've had to tie many of them up today cause the buds are starting to swell and bend them over. I can't reach the ones in the back of the tent. Hopefully they will just lean against the walls and not drop to the floor.

Not much to report this week. Pretty much just letting them do their thing. LDA is starting to get brown hairs. NL5H is just adding on weight and getting super sticky. The smell when I open that tent is incredible. Blueberry, Betty, and Wilma I wanted to show their structure. Betty and Wilma were never topped to preserve space. Blue and NL5H were topped above 3rd nodes very young. I like the one topping structure of plants. Really causes the side branches to shoot out.

IMG_48044.JPG
IMG_48075.jpg
IMG_48153.jpg
IMG_48144.jpg
IMG_47986.jpg
IMG_48175.JPG
IMG_21548.jpg
IMG_213712.jpg
IMG_213311.jpg
IMG_213211.jpg
IMG_214612.jpg
IMG_48227.jpg
IMG_47979.JPG

Still waiting on some pollen from my colloidal silver clone. One of them nuts should bust soon.

Edit: Some of the NL5H pics show 28 days flower. They should read 53. What can I say.:tokin:

Thanks brother toke! I hope them nanners crack soon. I got some inlaws coming in a week from Friday for a few days. I need to pollinate my girls and put her down by then as I can't lock her up in the room with the grow tents.

Dude, my in-laws are coming Saturday. God knows how long they're staying. :straightface:

Allsmiles I hear that you can cut off the balls with stem and leaf put it all in a brown paper bag and some will open after a couple days. Likely trying it myself this next go around. Really sorry to hear about the unexpected visit but glad to hear you both have it cover. :goodjob:

The colloidal silver NL5H clone was one stubborn plant. It refused to open any sacs up. She did not appreciate being turned into a male i guess :) The ripe nanners were just falling off the stem. I tried the paper bag and it didn't work on them. I ended up just cutting the sacs in half and getting the pollen out. I finished pollenating all 3 NL5H clones and one branch of Blueberry. She got chopped up and put into my garden bed outside mixed in with the mulched fall leaves.
IMG_218116.JPG

The G8LED tent is doing good. Soil plants are very happy. LDA will be harvested within a couple weeks. May start flushing her next week. Her buds are small but compact. Hopefully the quality makes up for it.

IMG_21789.JPG
IMG_48644.JPG
IMG_48894.JPG
IMG_48703.jpg
IMG_48783.jpg
IMG_48765.jpg

NL5H is getting close also. I started her on dry koolbloom last Sunday. That stuff really makes water acidic. I've been having to adjust with ph up daily since using it. She looks to be done in 2 weeks also. May chop her and LDA at the same time.

IMG_21749.JPG
IMG_49066.jpg
IMG_49004.JPG
IMG_48958.JPG

My flower times are from the day they were flipped to 12/12.

Back
Top Bottom