Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth - LA Diva & Afghan Kush Ryder

Re: Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth, LA Diva and Afghan Kush Ryder

Hear hear. Get busy on the updates,,,,,,,,,,,, JK.
Bet ya 420 is keeping ya hopping? A long as the Grass is still green, Keepem Green

Re: Quix's First Auto Grow Featuring Blue Mammoth, LA Diva and Afghan Kush Ryder

:popcorn:

Hear hear. Get busy on the updates,,,,,,,,,,,, JK.
Bet ya 420 is keeping ya hopping? A long as the Grass is still green, Keepem Green

Word, Wood, I'm about to, had some stuff come up. Damned neigborhood has gone to crap. Been putting in a nice camera system on the house to keep an eye on things. Plus Mrs. Quix is about to pop, dang baby needs to get here already. I AM "Keepin 'em Green" though Brother, you can count on that. Thanks for stopping in my friend.:Namaste:

I see ya there Brother Vick, thanks for keepin an eye on me! Hope all is well in your world Brotha:Namaste:

Just dropping by to say hi Q. Hope you are well brotha! :)

Aaaaahhhhh....Now my journal feels homey again:hookah:
Good to see you my friend, sending good vibes your way:Namaste:

What it do Q?

It do what it do brotha, as its always done. Thanks for stoppin in. I'll get an update up in the next few days...Nothing exciting going on, as the autos have been an un-eventful bunch. One small harvest report is about all....coming soon. Feel free to stop in anytime bud, hope you are well.:Namaste:

I've been SO damned busy lately, and to top it off my decent camera took a crap on me:lot-o-toke:

So, a quick verbal update it'll be.

Autos seem to be a finicky bunch, with regard to stress tolerence. I had a bit of an issue with my starting soil, and it caused some serious stunting. It looks to me like the Auto's tendancy to go straight into flowering hormone production, lends to the lack of root production if not properly cared for in her earliest stages. I really feel like an auto is best suited for hydro rather than soil, in that, the grower has the ability to deliver nutrients and oxygen to the young roots of an auto at a more appropriate rate and amount. I won't pretend to know what those numbers are, but I do know that I've seen autos break four and a half oz on a little water farm, and others who've averaged around 2 zips or better in other hydro systems. While its entirely possible to get better results than I did, using soil, I find that its just an avenue that doesn't interest me for future grows. I do believe, however, that an auto thrown in once in a while for shits n giggles will be fun, and add variety.
For example, for the first half of the next grow, I'll incorperate two freebies into the mix-Cheese Candy Auto, and a Super Cheese auto. I'll let them do what they want under 24 hr light while the GDP and Silver Kush veg., for the first 2-4 weeks. When the photoperiod plants go to 12/12, whatever happens, happens. At least I won't be dependent upon the autos, and if they produce, then its a bonus.

To give you an idea of the results of this grow so far, sans pictures will be a bit difficult. Lets just say that I had one Afghan Kush Ryder that wanted to reach for the sky, and would have gone to 3' if I'd let her. I supercropped her twice(NOT recomended) and shes still taller than every other plant.-She is a funny grower though, and produced not one single bud but rather, a series of swolen calyxes up the entire length of her spindly stems. The stems never got thick, or strong, and remind me of some sort of
flower stem. The leaves were freaked out from the get, showing only one and three leavers. But, she smells nice, and at harvest she'll make a decent addition to the hash bag. The good new is that I wont have to trim her:high-five:

The other Afghan Kush Ryder only grew to 8", and was fluffy as hell. Not a single decent bud on her. But, she smells really fruity, and is absolutely covered in resin. A tester indicated that she gives a nice comfy high, regardless of her poor structure and stature.

La Diva, also dripping with resin, is one hell of a deep Indica. The high is devestating! Face numbing, couch locking and overwhelmingly full body stone. I noticed absolutely NO cerebral effect, and was much too high the first time around with her-only took one bong rip too. She only grew to 9 inches, and has been fully harvested to provide a whopping 8 grams dry.

The two Blue Mammoths are my only hope of getting a head stash to last through the down time and restart on the next grow. One is at 15", and the other is around 13". The 13" girl is my favorite, albeit smaller. She has far more resin than her sister, who has almost none. They both are still packing on the meat, so I'll lettem run until they look done. I figure around a half zip from each plant.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, I guess I'll have to start using my phone, which sucks because I switched over to HPS the other day-Should make for some boring pics.(I hate HPS pics)

Anyway, I'll be getting started on reviews very soon, and will be making that a priority over my journalling. I may keep a journal just for reference on the GDP and Silver Kush grow, as I have a nice Chemwreck Kush male I'd love to cross with those. Not to mention the GDP is regular seed and would make an interesting parent cross with just about ANYTHING, especially Silver Kush IMHO.

Anyway, I truly hope all is well in everyone's worlds:Namaste:

i find autos do good in a light coco mix with lots of pearlite,and the min they pop out of the rooter straight into the final 3-4gal pot ,extra nitrogen all the way to the last couple weeks, i get 1/2 -1z on average with cream caramel auto,himalay blue diesel, many others are pretty wimpy, got 2 off a cca once she was a beast with a bubba og type (twin nugs per node) bud structure and a big main cola, hope your last ones produce for you:thumb:

Okay, so my camera decided it was willing to work again.:hmmmm:

La Diva...
P51200021.JPG
P51200031.JPG
P51200041.JPG
P51200051.JPG

And a tester bud from Blue Mammoth...Those two plants will go close to another week.
P51200061.JPG
P51200071.JPG

Hope all is well in all your worlds:Namaste:

Damn Quix, you done out did yourself. That's a lot of frosting on that cake, enough to make my teeth hurt all the way over here. Great looking buddage you got going there. I agree some about auto's, you can't in anyways impeded their growth in their short veg cycle. But I don't agree about soil. All marijuana seems to like soil. Not saying that some don't prefer hydro but I've sure grown some great auto's in soil. Oe thing I did notice about auto's is ai run into a lot that grow deformed. Hey one thing I'm working with now is experimenting with myco's. Stuff does work. I started two clones from two different strains one I added extreme gardening myco's one without, ones with are almost double size over the ones without. Stuff works. Keepem Up and Keepem Green

They be looking good brother Quix. Autos are strange.:popcorn:

Thanks kindly OMM:high-five:
Yep, Autos are a strange bunch alright! Maybe I'll have better luck next time:grinjoint: Hope you're well today!:Namaste:

Damn Quix, you done out did yourself. That's a lot of frosting on that cake, enough to make my teeth hurt all the way over here. Great looking buddage you got going there. I agree some about auto's, you can't in anyways impeded their growth in their short veg cycle. But I don't agree about soil. All marijuana seems to like soil. Not saying that some don't prefer hydro but I've sure grown some great auto's in soil. Oe thing I did notice about auto's is ai run into a lot that grow deformed. Hey one thing I'm working with now is experimenting with myco's. Stuff does work. I started two clones from two different strains one I added extreme gardening myco's one without, ones with are almost double size over the ones without. Stuff works. Keepem Up and Keepem Green

Hey Wood, yeah I figured I kindy put my foot in my mouth after I said that autos should be run in hydro. I really shouldn't use my limited experience as a basis for opinion yet. I can say they're a little less forgiving though.
I agree 420% that mycos are fantastic. I use Great White on every plant I grow. I may have to look into EG's mycos, thanks for the tip, and thanks for the kind words! Hope all is well in your world Bro.:Namaste:

Thanks kindly OMM:high-five:
Yep, Autos are a strange bunch alright! Maybe I'll have better luck next time:grinjoint: Hope you're well today!:Namaste:

Doing fine my Friend Quix. :thumb:

Some pretty dandy nugs you got there brother.

frostalicious!

:thumb:

Some pretty dandy nugs you got there brother.

frostalicious!

:thumb:
Thanks Vick. they are frosty, but I'm shooting for much more density next time. That last photo is of a tester from the lowers on the BM, Im sure the main colas will be much better in that regard. Good to see ya, hope all is well in your world!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom