LA Diva Delicious Seeds - Autoflower - CFL - Soil

Hey there msgreen, I'm growing autos myself, I even have a La Diva going that's exactly as old as yours :laughtwo:. I hate to be a buzzkill, but I gotta tell you, your plant should be doing better by now. One thing about la diva that surprised me was showing sex at day 14 (she was so tiny, and still is I guess). Now at day 20'sh, she's doing great. Your plant looks kind of stressed, and she needs the light to be a lot closer. I have my 65W CFL's as close as 1"-1.5". I kind of regret growing mine in a 2-Gal pot, so at 6 liters I think your pot is a bit small too. My advice would be to move to a bigger pot as carefully as possible, and as soon as you get your fan, lower that light real close and just have the fan blowing on it (upwards) and you'll plant will love it. Best of luck on your grow, I'm subbed, watching, and looking forward as to how this turns out. Cheers! :grinjoint:

Hey iSmokes

Thanks for the comment :)
I had a look at her last night and she has some hairs on her now. I think the pot she was in was too small for too long and now that she's in a bigger pot she's getting bigger . I'm getting a bigger pot tomorrow and I'll transfer her then if it's not too late :)
I thought she looked stressed too and it was either down to lights or too much water . I highered the lights and the soil wasn't too bad. Now that she's in a bigger pot her leaves aren't as curled anymore so this could have been the problem. I've lowered the lights right down now and she seems to be loving it . I'll also be getting my fan next week :)

subd, ive grown a few autos now and they all seem to show sex around 2 weeks old, most yield between an 1/8th and 20g, but their is an auto that yields more every time, its called big bang auto and it averages 4oz per auto, most autos prefer weak nutes, they dont rely on lighting schedule to flower as they flower due to age, so they can be grown under 24-0 from start to finish, im trying to find out whats best when it comes to lighting schedules, for my none auto plants i use gas lantern routine as it gives the best growth rate iv seen, but for autos im unsure whats best, i tried 24-0 as i was told an auto wont start to flower until they get some night time, but this was false info as it still started and continues to flower under 24-0, so ill be trying differerent schedules and grow methods with my next batch of autos

Hey donpaul.p

Thanks for the comment :)

She has about 5/6 hairs on her now since I transferred her to a bigger pot :)
That's pretty sweet. I never heard of that one before so I may look into getting some :thanks:
That;s pretty cool. Is there much impact on the yield with a gas lantern routine?
I have my girl on 24/0 at the minute but I was told and I've read in a few places that 18/6 usually is the best. I might leave her and see what happens as she is my first. My next batch I'll give the 18/6 a go :)

Update! Day 23

So I got home last night and noticed some hairs :cheesygrinsmiley:
You can only see a few in the pic but she's looking a lot better.
2nd pic was taken under the lights and 3rd pic was just under normal light

:)

019_2_3.jpg

026144.jpg
029122.jpg

subbed, im also doing some auto's. one northern lights auto, one flash babylon and two blue mystics, the last 3 just came in the mail today so theyre also in germination

Wow what a dramatic difference since you re-planted her :)

She is gonna love all that extra leg room in her new pot :)

:peace:

Thanks GreeenFingers :)

I had to do a re-pot last night when I got in ... There were nice thick roots on the bottom of her new pot haha she outgrew it very quickly ... I'll have more pictures in a few days when she gets a little bigger ... Also some more new hairs :)

Thank You :)

HPS will be for my next grow :)
Nice progress so far, I'm subbed, so your planning to flower with the cfl too? I suggest you add a few more or you may find yourself with a very mediocre yield. HPS is the way to go in my opinion, but not required. If you have enough output from cfl's, you can have a decent yield, but if you under shoot it, you may be disappointed as cfl's don't penetrate as well as HID's. Ill stick around, excited to see how it turns out for you :thumb:

What size is your pot now msgreen? My diva is looking amazing at day 24'sh now. I'm loving how fast this thing is lol :). I think this really will finish in 45 days as advertised.
Also, since you're working with only one plant, I think you can do CFL all the way. More intense light most definitely yields better, but I would never invest in HID or LED for one plant. That big CFL on top looks like a 6500K, right?
If you want a successful CFL grow, I highly suggest you add 2 more CFL's, sayyy.. 55W or 65W? add 2 65W CFL's one on each side, and get them in 2700K spectrum. I think your Diva will love 125W of 6500K and a good 130W of 2700K around her. This is all because, as gogreen stated, CFL's don't penetrate as good as HID's. They DO give off good light, but you need to position them correctly. Have the plant fully exposed to CFL's from all sides, and mix up the spectrum.
Cheers, and happy growing :grinjoint:

Nice progress so far, I'm subbed, so your planning to flower with the cfl too? I suggest you add a few more or you may find yourself with a very mediocre yield. HPS is the way to go in my opinion, but not required. If you have enough output from cfl's, you can have a decent yield, but if you under shoot it, you may be disappointed as cfl's don't penetrate as well as HID's. Ill stick around, excited to see how it turns out for you :thumb:

Hey grogreen thanks for the comment :)

I have another CFL there to put in, a blue spectrum cause the one I'm using is red. I don't think I have room yet cause I don't have a fan ... I heard that HPS has much better light penetration, I'm going to use one for my next grow. Hopefully by then I'll have heat problems sorted and more plants :)

What size is your pot now msgreen? My diva is looking amazing at day 24'sh now. I'm loving how fast this thing is lol :). I think this really will finish in 45 days as advertised.
Also, since you're working with only one plant, I think you can do CFL all the way. More intense light most definitely yields better, but I would never invest in HID or LED for one plant. That big CFL on top looks like a 6500K, right?
If you want a successful CFL grow, I highly suggest you add 2 more CFL's, sayyy.. 55W or 65W? add 2 65W CFL's one on each side, and get them in 2700K spectrum. I think your Diva will love 125W of 6500K and a good 130W of 2700K around her. This is all because, as gogreen stated, CFL's don't penetrate as good as HID's. They DO give off good light, but you need to position them correctly. Have the plant fully exposed to CFL's from all sides, and mix up the spectrum.
Cheers, and happy growing :grinjoint:

Hey iSmokes , the new pot was just a longer one cause when I got back the roots had already taken over ha ha ... I just put her in her biggest pot today ... 7 Litres :)

Close enough , it's 6400K .. 125W :)

I have re positioned the light which you'll see in the new pics , hopefully this will work until I can get more lights or until she finishes ... Thanks for your advice :)

Can't wait to see the new pictures msgreen :). That CFL you have at 6400K is in the white/blue spectrum dear. Your new one should be at 2700K which is the red spectrum. Just make sure you make the most out of your lights with CFL's by exposing as much of the plant as possible. That's awesome about the roots. I noticed these little divas just can't wait to grow! Lovely strain for the impatient like myself :laughtwo:
Cheers :grinjoint: You're doing great

with the spiral cfls and the long type cfls, the sides of these bulbs gives off more light than the end, so mounting the bulbs so their side on to the plant is the best option, also cfls can be kept close to the plant and the closer you get it the more light the plant will get,

you can test this by turning the cfl on, then place your hand touching the bulb, then slowly move your hand away and you will soon notice how quick the light level drops off, with the 23 and 30watt cfls the light drops off loads after a few inches, so these can be as close to the plant as possible
you want 6400k for veg stage and 2700k for flower stage, although it is best to mix them up slightly so say you have 3 bulbs for veg, you would then want 2 x 6400k and 1 x 2700k and for flower you want it the opposite way round

cfls keep the node spacing very close and the plants wont stretch, i use a dual spec hps for flower and for veg using the gas lantern routine light schedule, but i still have a small cupboard with cfls in it and i start all my plants and clones under cfls, if i start my plants under the dual spectrum hps then i get lots of stretch and the plants get to lanky, so by starting the plants under the cfls it keeps the node spacing close so i give the plants 2 weeks under cfls then put them under the hps, this stops any stretching and keeps the plants nice and bushy

cfls do work and when i started growing this year i used only cfls, i used around 10 to 15 x 30watt cfls and these done me for the whole of veg and got me well into flower, but i was using around 400watts so i decided to switch to hps as it gave me around 55,000 lumins and i was not getting this much with the cfls, but i soon found that plants started under the hps stretch like crazy so starting them under the cfls is the best option for me

Back
Top Bottom