LED lights

Well I guess my little light does'nt even come close to cutting it, lol, so I guess I'll back out of this thread.

That light did cost me 150.00 to get it to Alaska with shipping and all , and it is a full spectrum light.

I'm a first time grower so I'm learning as I go.

Thanks for the info. Cheers.

Don't get discouraged or give up, give it a try. My recommendation would be you probably want to stay about 8" away with the light, but other than that as close as you can without sacrificing coverage. With lighting its all about the proper distance and you should see some good buds. If you don't already have it I also would suggest using reflective material like mylar or flat white paint around your plant to help reflect light back on your plant.

If you feel like its not getting enough light, you could even throw a couple 26w CFL bulbs in there too (these are best very close to the plant), which would be a cheap solution to help bump up the bud density and possibly yield. But I would try with the LED first and see what happens.

Feel free to stop by my journal with any questions. I don't mind helping and will try to give the best info I can. Good luck to you and you will be growing dankness in no time :)

Not saying you need a BML Spydr 1200, I just helped a newbie friend that got an Illumitex Neosol NS @ 300 watts, it is a 600w HPS killer for sure!! Here is a good comparison. :peace:

those surexi diodes seem to have a good rep. would you know the lumen/ watt for those diodes?

Also i appreciate that the fixture is spread out. 36" is great for distribution.
500w lamps in 12" cases are ridiculous.

Thanks again. I dont know if the efficiency can be reckoned from those data. I posted it over on you-know-where asking if it could be calculated. If i get info I'll post it over here. i think the spyder design with low current/voltage, passively cooled and spread out over a decent area is a huge design improvement over undersized inefficient 'high' watt designs.

029268.JPG

^^ 90w UFO LED

IMG_20150222_142609.jpg

^^ 80w 6500K CFL

Yeah... I don't know what I'm talking about. Most you LED fans are just that... fan boys. Read some shit on a facebook ad they think they know it all. CFL > LED. Any real grower will tell you the same.

And what does my bandwidth have to do with it? I guess 120mbps at 800GB isn't king shit as it is.

11406491_496205830536121_1844359903637185894_o.jpg

This is a unknown strain flower week 3 under a 125w 2100K CFL.

You ask any grower, any real grower. It doesn't matter if you win by a gram or a pound. Winning is winning.

That's why I grow CFL... I get the power of a 500w HPS running only 125w... and complete spectrum control. Why do you grow LED? To "save power"? To "use more than one spectrum on one setup"? So can CFL.

KGrHqVHJ_8E-E7jRHUzBPmwCdrKK_60_57.JPG

I don't grow LED. Matter of fact, I don't grow at all.

How do you expect to win if you don't even play the game? lol.

And am I getting this right? The system people are bragging about is a 300w LED 600w equivalent? That's an extra 100+w on CFL. A 150w CFL is over a 600 HPS, and the plant doesn't look like rubber.

I am on here learning, feeding my mind. You seem a little worked up at the fact that people like LED. Welcome to life man. Some people are going to be HID fans, others LEC die hards, then you got the LED lovers and some people like to grow with CFLs. Not everyone is going to like the same thing as you. Why you think there are hundreds of flavors of ice cream? You grow your bud man and enjoy it. Live and let live.

Not really worked up... just proving my point to a bunch of LED fan boys who like to take cheap shots at me. But trust me... do a few grows with your LED then switch to a 125w Sun God Komee Mini Lotus 6500K & 2100K CFLs... see for yourself. I wish someone told me better before I started growing LED... but at that time there was nothing but "LED = FUTURE!" ads and reviews out there. Now that it's been a few years and more grows have come out.... if you're a newb... don't fall into the flashy advertising and for the plants sake, start out with CFL before you go HPS, MH or Plasma.

The first 2wk propagation,I turn the reds on and the stalks get thick and shoot up nice.
This pic was from a year ago with Cree XTE/XPE. All my mono but the Osram SSL80s got box up and put away,because COB based as taken over. The only mono that I have seen keep up with the performance? Are the TopBin OSLON SSL80s

Not really worked up... just proving my point to a bunch of LED fan boys who like to take cheap shots at me. But trust me... do a few grows with your LED then switch to a 125w Sun God Komee Mini Lotus 6500K & 2100K CFLs... see for yourself. I wish someone told me better before I started growing LED... but at that time there was nothing but "LED = FUTURE!" ads and reviews out there. Now that it's been a few years and more grows have come out.... if you're a newb... don't fall into the flashy advertising and for the plants sake, start out with CFL before you go HPS, MH or Plasma.

When you say a 125W CFL is equal to a 500w HPS you are definitely proving a point... and not the one you intended on....

500w HPS???? Shaking my head

I should have skipped the information and went right for the bag of troll food. I mean really why would you come to a thread asking about LED and then talk about CFL, other than to troll.

I think deep down you may be a little pissed at yourself for splurging on one of the crappiest designs of LED and then judging the whole industry because you didn't use it correctly.

Obviously you skipped the 90w UFO vs 80w CFL pics. And yes... 125w CFLs are sold as 500w equivs. HPS... Incadescent... whatever. And I'm trying to helps newbs from wasting cash on LED thinking they're better than CFL.

Back
Top Bottom