Let's Grow A Pound

Good morning. Just a quick note of confession. Tead you were right...I'm not waiting until the first of the year. I'm going to be starting another journal in a day or two.

Nostraweedus strikes again :cheesygrinsmiley:

Nostraweedus strikes again :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's hilarious.

damn maybe not a pound but still a lot of some really good weed, good job

Thanks Brother.

Not a hard bit of prognostication Soniq420.
It's hard for a grower that loves his hobby to resist... especially when they have all they need on hand.
You can tell SW loves his babies and his hobby. Seemed like an easy bet.

Cheers!

Actually, in my own defense, I would have waited until after the holidays were it not for a conversation with my friend at the hydro shop, Paul.

He's been working on some hydro techniques that replace standard nutrient packages with guano teas. We were talking about this when I wondered out loud if a DWC setup would be a way to go...provided the tea preperation was done correctly. We kicked the idea around for an hour or so and then Paul told me to take whatever guanos I wanted off the shelf and go give it a whirl. I told him that I really was pretty well covered in the "tomato" department and would like to wait until the first of the year to experiment with this. Paul asked me to go ahead and try it, as around the first of the year he was going to be kicking his field tests of his guano packages into high gear and I'd be kept quite busy with tests and trials he's already laid out.

So another journal is forthcoming. A completely experimental grow. Both technique and nutrient schedule are new and with that comes the potential to crash and burn. Of course, there is also the potential to hit a homer also.

I'll likely be setting up the grow today or tomorrow. The seeds are soaked and in paper towels. As soon as the seeds crack, they go into rockwool cubes and we'll see how this works out.

Sounds like an offer you can't refuse.

Especially since this is exactly the direction you want to move in - nutritively speaking that is ;)

Yes, it was a pretty good deal and I believe that there will be some good update information for the guano guide. It's going to be kind of labor intensive. At one point in the grow it looks like I'll be brewing 3 separate teas. I think it'll be alot of fun playing mad scientist with this stuff.

Time for a wrap up.

Smoke report for Barney's #1...

She was the pride of the grow. Beautifully symmetrical, super dense buds and lots of them, and an impressive coating of trichs from this sativa dominant plant. From the day I cut her, I couldn't wait to try her out. There was also the matter of the nice little hash ball her trim provided. Having smoked some of that I had a pretty good idea what I had grown.

Taste was still a little green, but an extremely sweet smell and taste are developing. I have high hopes for the taste of this one after a proper cure. The potency is high...very high. I smoke a fair amount of weed, and two good bowl hits have me right. The high is extremely energetic and social. It has a zooming high that hits quick and hard, but doesn't flame out in 30 minutes like alot of weed does. The high is long lasting and, after a initial zoom to cruising altitude, even. Yield was very good...especially considering the short veg period of 24 days...at just over 148 grams...or 5 ounces 8+grams.

I rate this one at a solid 9. Beauty, yield and potency all in one package.

Barney's #2...

She was the surprise of the grow. At various points in the grow she was called "horned" for her unique look after shedding the seed shell, almost removed from the grow to attempt to light poison her into going hermie and then nearly just tossed out for purely aesthetic reasons. #2 is the proof behind the adage that you never throw out a female plant for any reason. The thing is, this one is far and away my most potent plant. She came out as advertised by Barney's Farm. A super indica.

Taste is also slightly green still, but it has already developed a hashy, nutty taste. Very unique in that department, and it should dramatically improve over the coming weeks. The plant has an obscene coating of trichs, it honestly looks like they've been frozen or left out in an ice storm. Good friends, who are also experienced growers, have all had to pick their jaws up off the floor when a jar of #2 is produced for inspection. Yield was somewhat less than #1, at 122 grams, or 4 ounces 10 grams, but I believe that can be directly attributed to the rough start she had. The high is like getting hit with a wrecking ball. Absolute devastation. Again, two bowl hits, and I'm giggling like a 12 year old girl at a Jonas Brothers concert. It has a very social body stone...if that makes any sense. You want to set down, but you want to talk and laugh also.

This one gets a 9.5...and all jars but one have been stashed away for long term cure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So just a little editorial here. Ordinarily, if I had two plants that were so divergent, I'd withhold a recommendation to grow it until I had more time to determine if it was anomalous or if the breed was just unstable. However, in this case, both phenos were so outstanding, that it's hard not to say to run right out, procure these genetics and get to growing. Whatever you get will be outstanding.

Thanks to all who have followed this journal...it's been an interesting grow. I'm really disappointed at not making a pound. Ended up with a little more than 14 ounces total so it's kind of hard to be to disappointed.

For those interested, the will be another SouthernWeed journal started later today. DWC fueled by guano teas in a completely experimental grow.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us SouthernWeed. This has been an extreme pleasure to follow.

I was stunned by the early turning on the roadrunner and amazed that it self-adjusted and bud on a stick in just 60ish days. What a learning experience ;)

The smoke report for your Barneys sounds great as well. Nice to have two phenotypes both turn out to be home runs :surf:

We're moving your journal to our completed archives and heading over to your new experimental grow; sounds interesting ;)

Much peace and respect from your friends on staff at 420 Magazine.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us SouthernWeed. This has been an extreme pleasure to follow.

I was stunned by the early turning on the roadrunner and amazed that it self-adjusted and bud on a stick in just 60ish days. What a learning experience ;)

The smoke report for your Barneys sounds great as well. Nice to have two phenotypes both turn out to be home runs :surf:

We're moving your journal to our completed archives and heading over to your new experimental grow; sounds interesting ;)

Much peace and respect from your friends on staff at 420 Magazine.

Thanks Brother. It was a good grow. Learned a thing or two and have a nice yield to boot.

sounds like all in all it was a good grow. cant complain about 14 oz+. im excited about the guano DWC!!

Thanks man. The DWC is up and running and one plant has already emerged and the other looks like it will very soon.

20/4 for RR.

Agreed. 20/4 is the recommendation from the seed producer.

From the Dinafem site...

"They need 20 hours of light to grow at maximum speed, both inside and outside, so they grow more in June than in April."

Andy, I somehow unsubscribed from my own thread and didn't realize you had posted a question...better late than never I suppose.

When I flipped to 12/12 on the "regular" plants I moved the RR into a closet with a 150w HPS and 2-150w equivalent cfls for 8 addition hours. Had to move a plant six feet twice a day...no big hassle.

The 24/0 was something of an experiment to try to max the swell on the plant right at the end.

How tall is yours Andy? You're a hydroman right?

I noticed on Attitude's site that they say these things can go to 120CM in hydro.

I just can't get over a 60 days seed to harvest plant being 5 foot tall and truly done.

Sup Southern,

Thanks for ur help and advice a while back. My plants are doing great, I lst'd 1 of them super cropped 2 of them and left the other 2 to grow as they do. I have learned so much in the past 2 months it crazy. I just wanted to stop by and say thanks.

Every1 here at 420 are great and very helpful!!:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom