Let's Grow A Pound

i'm pretty stoked on your road runner..how was the odor with the roadrunner? Put it this way i think i may order some of those. worth it or you suggest another strain.it just looks unique

i grow it and its defently unique i like the odor but some will not like it its very very strong, its the most fastest thing i have ever grow i think it will be done in 60 days or so.

still waiting for the taste report from SW to know how well it is.

that is just crazy in 40-45 days from now those will be some huge buds man i looking forward to it :)! :cheer:

Giggity. Yep, I'm looking forward to that also.

i'm pretty stoked on your road runner..how was the odor with the roadrunner? Put it this way i think i may order some of those. worth it or you suggest another strain.it just looks unique

Well, I'm having some friends over tonight and we're going to run it up a flagpole and see who salutes. As far as getting some yourself, all I can say is there are more on the way here.

hey SW, came in 'round 7 AM (my time) to quickly catch up on a few things, stumbled across your journal & endend up spendin a hour + readin your journey. LOL What a facinating read all the way from the beginning. Your are indeed a trooper!

Couple things. I know yer busy and the past is the past but a couple things caught my eye. Sorry to post so late, better late than never I reckon and perhaps you can apply some of my learnins in the future.

The molasses thing. Here in Humboldt, there are quite a few folks who do use the molasses during the flower period (outside). It's mixed with some local made stuff called Gravity. The concoction is for making tighter more prominent (larger buds). Some say it promtes a more sticky look to the buds but NO molasses taste. Me, I think some of the local fellas have too much time on their hand as the Indonesian bat guano( you mentioned) does the same thing if not achieve better results, IMO.

Speakin of the bat guano, I couldnt agree more. I use the Vital Earth 9-3-1 in a tea mix for my youngins and switch to the Indo 0.5-12-0.2 durin flower. Like you said, ya gotta be careful, it's potent stuff. FYI, the high Nitro stuff is the first layer on the cave floor & the higher phos numbers come from harvesting the B.G from deeper on the cave floor, so Ive been told.

Something else ya might fool with in the future. One of Humboldt County's "tricks of the trade' is when the plant is colse to harvest, generally the top/main bud will be ready first. Cut it just below the bulk of the bud where the stem becomes visible. Leave the rest of the plant alone for another week or so. The other buds will get even larger, tighter and increase in potency.

Last, swamp coolers. It's all I use for cooling. Cheaper to run & keeps a bit of moisture in the air. Not recommended in high humidity areas as you are just bring the humidity from the outside, indoors. Great job, you are my hero! :peace: peace n good luck MF

Hey Brother. The different values in in bat guano are diet determined. Bats eating more fruit than insects excrete guano very high in P. Bats living primarily on insects excrete guano that is much higher in N. Seabird guano is the highest N content due to their diet being so high in fish and the like. I'm in the process of putting together a sort of "Guano Bible" right now and when it is complete it's going up in the organic section of the grow room forums...keep your eye out.

SW, thanks for the shout back. And to think, I didnt think I was going to learn anything today! Thanks for the B.G. info. It's a mainstay out here. Now if they can just work on reducin the price! Lookin forward to yer "Bible". I'll put it next to my Gideon's. LOL Thanks for sharin all yer doins pard...peace n good luck MF

SW, thanks for the shout back. And to think, I didnt think I was going to learn anything today! Thanks for the B.G. info. It's a mainstay out here. Now if they can just work on reducin the price! Lookin forward to yer "Bible". I'll put it next to my Gideon's. LOL Thanks for sharin all yer doins pard...peace n good luck MF

No sweat Brother. I've gotten myself surrounded by notes and formulas, just have to get it organized and posted up...boy it's going to take awhile to type it all up. I'm actually running the final TDS test right now, trying to sort out ratios. So far I've been baffled by this one, but I'll sort it out.

Awesome trich production on the Barneys. By the time they're done they'll be frozen over!
Looks like your going to be the go-to Guano Guru. I'll be watching and learning. Thanx, Southern!

Thanks Brother. They are frosting over, and it's not slowing down anytime real soon. As for the guano stuff, I'm just gathering up all the info I can lay my hands on so I can organize it and pass it on.

i kinda need a detailed organic diet, just curious if youd be willing to help.
i want to stray away from bottled name brand "organic" ferts

Sure, I've started the thread in the organic section of the grow room, but I'm going to be several days completing it. So much information to get up. Shoot me a pm and outline what you want and I'll be more than happy to help.

SW...Just read you BG thread in the grow room. Outstanding! The fellas around here (Humboldt) been usin it for years but I doubt any of us gave a lot of thought as to the real working dynamics of BG other than it's the chit (literally). I'm gonna sound like an expert at our next grow-fest! LOL Thanks much man, kudos to you to take the time to share your knowledge and for your efforts that I for one have benefitted a bunch. all of us..:peace: peace n good luck MF

Sure, I've started the thread in the organic section of the grow room, but I'm going to be several days completing it. So much information to get up. Shoot me a pm and outline what you want and I'll be more than happy to help.

thanks, im gonna read up, and ill give u a pm once i get an idea. your grow has made me wanna try some guanos

Ok, alot going on this morning. Several of you have been curious about the RoadRunner, so last night we had a few friends over to have some dinner and rate a little smoke. Amazing how fast people will show up at your house when you tell them you're going to feed them and get them high.

Anyhow, there were eight of us total. And the feedback was generally very positive. The only real complaint was the taste, which was not the least bit suprising, considering the short cure time it's had. There are, however, very stong undertones of flavor emerging. To me it tasted minty/sweet. I'm certain that the minty is tied to it still being a bit green, but the sweet flavors are beginning to move forward, so after a proper cure, I believe this will end up being a fairly sweet smoke.

Potency was quite satisfactory to say the least. It was even rated by one person as a 9/10. It has a quick hitting body stone. It doesn't couchlock you completely...you can move around if you really put your mind to it...but it really relaxes you. Not a doctor, but seems to me any medical user for pain/sleep disorder/anxiety, would likely find this a good med.

The high was not short, but it wasn't a three hour stone either. It had us pretty well stoned for an hour or so. No munchies.

I can compare the overall smoke as nearly identical in every way to the White Dwarfs from my last grow. The high is nearly identical, although I believe it will end up tasting better. WD stayed a bit harsh, even after cure.

I rate this one at 7/10 and would grow it again in an instant.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Big Barney's turn. Almost a full foot taller and just bursting at the seams with buds. I have let her ph drop a little more than #2, trying to maximize the P uptake. Found the first evidence of changing pistils this morning when I looked in on them. Everyday it swells more and more. This one is the pride of the grow.

Pics...

100_12532.jpg

100_12551.jpg

100_12571.jpg

100_12602.jpg

100_12633.jpg

100_12643.jpg

100_12677.jpg

100_12685.jpg

100_12721.jpg

100_12734.jpg

It's getting pretty interesting in camp now. White Widow could come down as soon as 16 days from now, and I plant to get her out of there at the first reasonable opportunity. I want to spread the lumens on the Barney's.

Y'all have a great day.

Ok, alot going on this morning. Several of you have been curious about the RoadRunner, so last night we had a few friends over to have some dinner and rate a little smoke. Amazing how fast people will show up at your house when you tell them you're going to feed them and get them high.

I know that too well! lol

Sounds brilliant - and the new photos are looking amazing, really starting to frost up!

:goodjob:

I know that too well! lol

Sounds brilliant - and the new photos are looking amazing, really starting to frost up!

:goodjob:

Thanks Brother.

good review on the RR man ! nice to hear it was very positive and for a longer cureing i'm sure it will taste even better with those sweet undertones, i realy liked your smoke review and i'm glad to know i'm growing something with a great potencial !

Glad I could help.

Day 40 of flower...

Morning all. Today, we get the last look at the WW before she goes to the barber for a haircut. Going to be removing 90% or so of the remaining leaf structure to allow all the light in I can. She's 15 days from the breeders claim of 55 day flower and I can't imagine a scenario in which I would leave her one day longer than that. I rearanged a bit in the bathroom and moved the Barney's in a little tighter to the light, but the gain was small.

The WW pistils are beginning to change, maybe 5% or so have changed. I'm hitting her with one last blast of guano tea today, then the flushing will begin as soon as the soil has completely dried.

Pics...

100_12764.jpg

100_12775.jpg

100_12784.jpg

100_12803.jpg

100_12823.jpg

100_12832.jpg

100_12861.jpg

100_12872.jpg

100_12882.jpg

100_12892.jpg

She's finally starting to frost over. I was beginning to worry that the trich production wasn't going to match bud production, but I believe she'll end up just fine.

Hope y'all enjoyed it and have a great day.

Back
Top Bottom