Lighting for 2 plants

AlyceAnn

I realize this forum isn't for regular house plants but NO where can I find an answer to this questions. This forum seemed my best bet.

I have 2 plants that I have had for over 28 years. I just moved into an apt that gets some light but not near enough. The plants are at the window but I can tell with the growth that it is struggling. Can anyone tell me what I need to supplement the light? I have put a picture in my gallery. The light is Repti Glo 2.0 Compact
Full Spectrum Terrarium Lamp. It is fluorescent. Please help me, I've had this plant as long as my son! LOL

hi man

I'm not really sure with those plants u got..

the repti glo 2.0 has UV light for reptiles and that ain't good for plants.. but if it's over 6 months old it doesn't matter.. no or very little UV left in the bulb

U need to find a new bulb.. since u allready use E27 go for a such one.. u have to look for something with day/blue light 6500 kelvin or something close to that.. if u shop at a reptile store i know they can help u with bulbs for plants with no UV light.. i'll go for a minimum of 40 watts bulb

do u atp generally get very little light or is this a winter / summer problem?

On the side of the building where my apt is I get about 15 min of direct light, then just day light. I know it isn't near enough light for the plant ans it is getting spindly. So what you are saying is I need a PLANT light with day/blue light 6500 kelbin and over a 40 w bulb. You said I already use an E27, is that the fluorescent bulb? Is my light fixture ok? It is black with white ceramic interior. Also are you saying I should replace whatever bulb I get every 6 mo? I have no problem with that as I want my plant! :)
Thanks for your reply.
Alyce

hi man

I'm not really sure with those plants u got..

the repti glo 2.0 has UV light for reptiles and that ain't good for plants.. but if it's over 6 months old it doesn't matter.. no or very little UV left in the bulb

U need to find a new bulb.. since u allready use E27 go for a such one.. u have to look for something with day/blue light 6500 kelvin or something close to that.. if u shop at a reptile store i know they can help u with bulbs for plants with no UV light.. i'll go for a minimum of 40 watts bulb

do u atp generally get very little light or is this a winter / summer problem?

E27 is the light fixture connection type.. Like E14 and E40..

that ain't much natural light u get..

Get 2 bulbs + one more lamp

one with a kelvin close to 2700
another one with kelvin close to 6400
25-50 watts per bulb
and run them both 14-16 hours a day.. u can allways adjust this light-time if u need...

replace bulb
CLF will lose some power and light ind its lifetime.. but u only need to change them if they dont give enough light or burn-out

the talk of 6 months was for reptile light.. the UV-light emitted from the bulb stops after 3-6 months

Back
Top Bottom