Papaya - Hydro - 250 Watts - Light Mover

"Don't bug me" from Fox Farm says it "contains Pyrethrum derived from Chrysanthemum flowers" and is really sometimes the last resort for massive infestation. You would need to get a sprayer bottle that sprays from below the leaves to use it (or anything against the little cock-suckers), don't put it in soil Smokemupm8

Otherwise, as a preventative measure, I would recommend Azamax from GH, but it is pretty nasty and should only be used while the plants are still in veg, or it could live a disgusting aftertaste to the nugs. Azamax is not as bad as Pyrethrum, but it wouldn't work to control the already happening infestation.

I believe that smoking mites and their webs could lead to a psychological trauma much worse than any possible side effects from Pyrethrum, which is pretty safe and supposedly breaks down quickly. You just need a little bit and in my case it did not cause any damage to plants.

I wouldn't wish seeing a full-blown mite infestation to anyone! It gets really ugly really fast. If you are unfortunate enough to see one yourself - you would know how bad it gets and would also find out that nothing works to control it but some drastic methods like spraying with "Don't bug me", which works as magic

I also found that putting an ultrasonic humidifier in your growing room raises the humidity high enough so the bugs aren't going in infestation mode - you would see some bugs, but nothing major.

Hope this helps and good luck. Check your grows daily in fall!

I believe that smoking mites and their webs could lead to a psychological trauma much worse than any possible side effects from Pyrethrum, which is pretty safe and supposedly breaks down quickly. You just need a little bit and in my case it did not cause any damage to plants

Wow! where did u pick up that info? psychological trauma... u have this based on any info?

I wouldn't wish seeing a full-blown mite infestation to anyone! It gets really ugly really fast. If you are unfortunate enough to see one yourself - you would know how bad it gets and would also find out that nothing works to control it but some drastic methods like spraying with "Don't bug me", which works as magic

I also found that putting an ultrasonic humidifier in your growing room raises the humidity high enough so the bugs aren't going in infestation mode - you would see some bugs, but nothing major.

yes i've seen my part of mites in this life and for the next one too:geek:;)

Well insted of your "drastic methods" try dropping the temperature to 15 at night and 20-25 at daytime (celsius) Do a heavy trim of infested leaves and like u mentioned set up a humidifier(60%) and then introduce predatory mites.

Ofc don't let the mites get to wep your plants... if so co2 I also believe to be a better alternative to toxic sprays

This I believe to be the best way starting insted of using sprays that are more or less toxic for you, your pets, your friends and everyone else.

my opinion:peace:

Zup zup ;) Dayum Mites ey?? You know Ive been figting those mofos as well. For years I had them in my vegetable garden, infesting in my greenhouse. I have lost a batch of Cannabis once, too the mites. Never again mate : Hot-Shot-No-Pest-Strip.
Try that out, when you give up on everything naturally? Ive tried most, but consistensy whith the spray should work as well, but you never know if you got em all, untill they almost like "magic" appear again n again n again n again. Oh yeah the predatory mites wont kill all there prey, not logic too kill everything then starve too death. They will keep them down though. Nahj pop a no pest strip, kill everything. Only in the closet, no pets or pests allowed any way!!

:;):
Zup zup ;) Dayum Mites ey?? You know Ive been figting those mofos as well. For years I had them in my vegetable garden, infesting in my greenhouse. I have lost a batch of Cannabis once, too the mites. Never again mate : Hot-Shot-No-Pest-Strip.
Try that out, when you give up on everything naturally? Ive tried most, but consistensy whith the spray should work as well, but you never know if you got em all, untill they almost like "magic" appear again n again n again n again. Oh yeah the predatory mites wont kill all there prey, not logic too kill everything then starve too death. They will keep them down though. Nahj pop a no pest strip, kill everything. Only in the closet, no pets or pests allowed any way!!

Jep Juicy I know how you been fighting the little devils:surrender::;):
I think that i have to chop every last plant down sooner or later.. clean all out and bring in some new seeds or cutlings
BUT it's winter time around the corner..so i'll be able to drop temps to very low points and i hope this will help my predatory mites keep them under strong control.. yes like any other hunter, i do to believe that they will never kill all thery food.

NO pets in my garden... but but but i know if I buy some sprays i can't help myself using them on other plants in the house sooner or later:loopy:

I can't say my room is totally free of pests.. I actually bring in spiders of all kinds.. I trap hunting spider around the house.. i go for the fat ones.. trap them in a jar and if is pregnant i'll release some of its offspring in my garden.. have always done this, have spiders around the garden they mostly take flies.. if i spot a big spider i trap or kill it. don't like the big ones:bitingnails:

Best thing I have found soo far to stop the mites is
AzaMax
Liquid Ladybug
Mighty Wash
Day 1 hit with AzaMax, wait a day
Day 3 hit with Liquid Ladybug, wait a day
Day 5 hit with Mighty Wash, wait a day
Then repeat schedule and do this for two weeks
Usually gets rid of the lil bastards

thanks for the guide man:high-five:

This ones offsprings was a big help getting rid of woodlouse in my garden start up

2012-06-14_03_01_31.jpg

So today is 3. day from release of the predatory mites

I had a look around the leaves spotting for activity but everything was very quiet and inactive, but looking further and lower on some of the lowest leaves i spotted some small black/red dots so i picked the leaf an put it under the microscope

I found a good part of predators around the garden but they still need time to spit out the first generation of larvas didnt find any of them yet

The spidermites are very inactive atm they are sitting still and are small compared to before the heavy trimming just days ago..
on my new plants (clones 7 sep) the spidermites are bigger an more active but I moved them to the room of my bloomers today to get some predators on them

The night temp atm is 14 an daytime 22-24 celsius

here's a look at friend and foe

IMAG043910.jpg

IMAG042012.jpg

Hi mate, nice work!!
Youre around the same stage as me, and our flower look similar, tho yours look a little frostier:) Im just having nute/ph issue atm which is slowing things down , my girls 5ft3" x 4.5 ft wide, alot of tiny flowers which i should have lolli popped but didnt take as much as i perhaps should.
My plant is at ph 6.2 ish atm, and may have been locking out Cal/mag and Phos, as it was about 5.8, a bit of a drop from her 6.4 usual..
Anyway hope your girls have no such probs! Take it easy and keep up good work!! Smokemup;)

Hi mate, nice work!!
Youre around the same stage as me, and our flower look similar, tho yours look a little frostier:) Im just having nute/ph issue atm which is slowing things down , my girls 5ft3" x 4.5 ft wide, alot of tiny flowers which i should have lolli popped but didnt take as much as i perhaps should.
My plant is at ph 6.2 ish atm, and may have been locking out Cal/mag and Phos, as it was about 5.8, a bit of a drop from her 6.4 usual..
Anyway hope your girls have no such probs! Take it easy and keep up good work!! Smokemup;)

thanks man:thanks:

u grow hydro right?

i've found that a high PH allways fucks things up.. yellowing, slow grow aso.
I start out the day before a water change aerating the tap-water.. then i add fertilizers and let it "stable" for minimum 1 hour (stil aerating)
then i check PH an adjust to 6,0-6,2 then i let the PH drop over a week..
sometimes i run as low as 4,9.. i've found that a lower PH (out of reccommended range) is 100 times better than a higher PH out of reccommended range (5,8-6,2)

Hey mate,
Na im in soil buddy!! I lost my log book for my plant and lost track of what and how much i fed her, so i reckon i over fed her and caused a lockout quite possibly. So i flushed and then gave some seaweed extract and light P&K as she has a Phos Def. possibly from the build up.
Ive managed to get her soil back to about 6.2-6.4 now, added some Dolomite Cal mag, and if the PH doesnt recover in the next few days ill just PH my water to about 6.8 and hoping this will help out balance it back to a stable 6.5 area for optimum nute intake, she got a Cal Defic. too from this, well i think its Cal, or a boron/copper prob??
Until the soil has a chance to re establish itself to a normal range, its a 100% organic soil, with active N,P,K nute base.. So i probably over-killed her with food!!
Thanks for your response mate:) Take it easy and chat soon, Smokemup..

Zup BS! U lookin up2beat this roundabout! Got critterz in check I reckon, happy to see your girls thriving :peace:

Hey my man.. the big plants are doing great and only have some small spidermites on the lower leaves, but my vegging growth ain't doing so fine.. The spidermites are in strong numbers so I was wondering; maybe you might be able to help me out?

Juicy my man

What u mean by "You wont like what I bring too the room anyway"..
i'm talking about you maybe got some seedling or even better a mother plant to spare?:icon_roll

I need to kill all living pests in my garden and start over.. I was thinking of buying some new seeds but the time consumptions bringing new plants to the word i'll really like to skip;)

Just meant chemicals, too save current grow. But yeah, you know I will help you out with a new batch. Do you have space in youre flower chamber now, and how far are they in bloom? If there is space I got some infectet ones 3 weeks in bloom, was planning on setting them out in the greenhouse. But if you got some space with sun and critters anyway? Why not let them join the pack..

lets share some new seeds anyway.

Let do that.. got any strain in mind?

i've scheduled harvesting to be within the 1.nov so in 18-20 days i have free space

i got 6 small plants moved to living room.. think i can save them from spidermites and bloom them but they only take up, max 1/3 of the bloom space

Do u have spidermites? again?

Back
Top Bottom