Small 250 Watt Grow Please Help a Newbie

not ideal, since I think your side-light CFL's are 2700k, but it should work for now.

good call on the tall one being a male, but yeah, I don't do too much predicting before they show because in the past I've been 100% sure that a certain plant would be male and didn't turn out that way;).

some girls are taller or grow faster in veg than others, so it's just a very general rule that males are taller.

can't wait to see some pics ;)

So the big one was a male, nice call on that one. I let my male go a few extra days because I didn't want to believe it was a male. Got the chop last night and now I am waiting for my seedling to grow and this other seed to germinate. I guess I will follow more of these journals till my plants get bigger.

:welldone:

That sucks djmattzor, When i went down tonight i found more males. And then there was 6 :rollingeyes: And still 1 im not 100% on. Im glad for a little bit i wont have to deal with any males. But i know now i should wait, wait, wait, gotta be patient. My luck i pulled some females too early but i cant dwell on the past i gotta just move on learn from my dumb ass newbie mistakes and turn these 6 iv got into monsterous bundles of joy :yummy:
I light proofed my larger cabinet tonight and drilled a hole in the side for wires. I chose my biggest and nicest female and set her up in there. Im going to put different light in there as soon as i get some extra cash. Ill be transplanting her soon too. Iv got a nice sized bucket especially for her ;)
Mr. Sun... what kind of CFL's should i throw in there, would the first really big ones i had work??

You want the daylight ones, 5000k+. I think your big ones would be fine. If you look at the bulb when it's on, the more orange/redish bulbs are for flower and the blueish ones are veg.

Your grow sounds like its going well, get your camera!!

MOTHER F#@%*$!!!!!!!!!!! I found a hermi tonight when i went down :thedoubletake:
I got my dehumidifier today. My temp in the tent is 85 with 41% rh. According to "THE BIBLE" Thats ok but not perfect i would like my temp down a little and my rh up a little but i think it will be ok for now???????????????

Hey trouble! My temps went up to 85 too today because it was so damn hot today outside, I was kind of in scramble mode but they can take it. For the humidity I put a little water in a few 2 gallon buckets and put them near my plants. That raised my humidity from about 40% to a steady 45-50%. Some people would be sketched out about about putting water near electricity but it all depends how you have things setup...

I take it you're just going to chop the hermie down? Unless you have a separate room for him/her I would chop it. You can still get some bud but it will also pollinate your other girls if it's near them. Hermies usually tend to pass down the trait to the seeds it creates so they're worthless. And now time to :bong:

That drop in RH is a huge improvement and puts you at a lot less risk for problems. Getting rid of any sources of moisture down there will help also, like open containers or stuff like that.

85 is OK. It's hard to achieve perfect conditions in different climes and growing in cellars, attics, closets, etc., but you're doing a whole lot better.

Reefa cheefa- Ya i def. chopped that hermie down. Kinda sad because it acually had some buds startin at the top. It was a pretty good looking plant and when i went down lastnight it had grown balls too :( Oh well iv still got 5 good healthy plants :)
Mr. Sun- Im glad to hear thats ok ;) Im currently at 80 degrees with 50 % rh. My mother is doing good and ima let her veg for about another week befor i start cuttin on her. Iv taken cuttings befor for a grow a few years back, but im not sure what kind of cutting solution i should use or should i use a powder, or what????
Sorry still no pics i will have some tonight I PROMISE :thumb:

Damn, sorry to hear about the hermie but as far as the cutting solution IMO the rooting gel is better. Make a 45 deg. cut and then dip it directly into the gel ASAP to try to keep O2 bubbles out....:peace:

buds_.jpg

Ill post more when i get the time i gotta work a double today
WERE HAVIN FUN NOW :)

I'd go with 2 or 3 gallon pots.

It's going to get very thick in that tent with 6 plants, so the 2-gallon pots would help keep them a bit smaller.

3-gallon will grow bigger plants, but if it gets too crowded you'll be at higher risk for mold.

Be sure to go with the FFOF soil on this transplant, or another quality soil. I like to add at least 25% perlite to it to help keep it from compacting and improve drainage. You can use it straight out of the bag, but I like the extra perlite. If nothing else, it makes flushing easier and more effective.

Reefa cheefa- Ya i def. chopped that hermie down. Kinda sad because it acually had some buds startin at the top. It was a pretty good looking plant and when i went down lastnight it had grown balls too :( Oh well iv still got 5 good healthy plants :)
Mr. Sun- Im glad to hear thats ok ;) Im currently at 80 degrees with 50 % rh. My mother is doing good and ima let her veg for about another week befor i start cuttin on her. Iv taken cuttings befor for a grow a few years back, but im not sure what kind of cutting solution i should use or should i use a powder, or what????
I water the moms the day before cutting with plain water. I had great success with Olivas jell !! But any major brand is probably good. Lot of people use jell and powder, but i don't. I got 15 survivors out of 16 cuttings, so that's good enough for this country boy !! Nothin fancy, just make a 45 cut on the stem and turn it over and scrape some bark off, and i even shice the sten, 1/2 way thru, dip in your jell and stick it into the medium . I use 1/2 perlite & 1/2 vermiculite. I rinse the perlite before mixing. i use 16 oz hot cups, because I like to grow a nice size little bush, before transplanting 1st. time. I got a high dome home made incubator with a few one inch holes cut into the top. This is the one time in a cannabus plants life, that less light is good. So maybe 2 23 watt cfls hung high. I spray plants and lid, with tap water that has been sitting out few days, frequently !! When I 1st. see new growth, I remove the dome and start 1/2 strength veg. nukes And within two weeks, I got em on a full nuke diet. Now I use about 6, maybe 8, 23 watt cfls, and get the lights as close to the plants as possible without touching. Sometimes i adjust my lights twice a day. Of course a big t8 fixture or a mh light, would be much better and less hassle, but my finances being what they are, cfls do me just fine, thank you. You'll Just get a little slower growth, but you got no or very little heat buildup to deal with, and I'm not in any hurry !! This is why I like a strain that takes about 9 or even 10 wks. to mature, because if I take cuttings the day I put the moms into bloom cycle, it works out perfect. Every 10 weeks, you'll be harvesting & imediately start 12/12 on new bushes that have been vegging for 10 wks.!! I do white widow sativa myself. Those seeds you just bought, grow em and test smoke each to determine which plant is what you like. Not what other people like !! And then regenerate that one plant, and then you'll have a quality mom. Clone on Bro. !!! And good luck on your grow !! I hav'nt been growing for a few mos. now, as i'm working to help get mmj legal in Ma., and I know they don't like it, and when they show up with their goons and shoot my dog, and terrify my wife, i just want to make sure i'm clean. But, if there's anything i can ever do to help you, I will !! Remember with precise timing, you can harvest 5 or 6 times a year. With a 400 watt hid, I was getting 12 to 14 oz. of dry bud, every 10 weeks, like clockwork after you get it down. I'd do better with a 600 watter, but I don't want the electric bill that comes with it. Have a good un !!

I water the moms the day before cutting with plain water. I had great success with Olivas jell !! But any major brand is probably good. Lot of people use jell and powder, but i don't. I got 15 survivors out of 16 cuttings, so that's good enough for this country boy !! Nothin fancy, just make a 45 cut on the stem and turn it over and scrape some bark off, and i even slice the stem, 1/2 way thru, dip in your jell and stick it into the medium . I use 1/2 perlite & 1/2 vermiculite. I rinse the perlite before mixing. i use 16 oz hot cups, because I like to grow a nice size little bush, before transplanting 1st. time. I got a high dome home made incubator with a few one inch holes cut into the top. This is the one time in a cannabus plants life, that less light is good. So maybe 2 23 watt cfls hung high. I spray plants and lid, with tap water that has been sitting out few days, frequently !! When pots get lite, watter as needed. You can't overwater, because of the drainage. When I 1st. see new growth, I remove the dome and start 1/2 strength veg. nukes And within two weeks, I got em on a full nuke diet. Now I use about 6, maybe 8, 23 watt cfls, and get the lights as close to the plants as possible without touching. Sometimes i adjust my lights twice a day. Of course a big t8 fixture or a mh light, would be much better and less hassle, but my finances being what they are, cfls do me just fine, thank you. From this point, I stop foilage spraying. You'll Just get a little slower growth, but you got no or very little heat buildup to deal with, and I'm not in any hurry !! This is why I like a strain that takes about 9 or even 10 wks. to mature, because if I take cuttings the day I put the moms into bloom cycle, it works out perfect. Every 10 weeks, you'll be harvesting & imediately start 12/12 on new bushes that have been vegging for 10 wks.!! I do white widow sativa myself. Those seeds you just bought, grow em and test smoke each to determine which plant is what you like. Not what other people like !! And then regenerate that one plant, and then you'll have a quality mom. Then, Clone on Bro. !!! And good luck on your grow !! I hav'nt been growing for a few mos. now, as i'm working to help get mmj legal in Ma., and I know they don't like it, and when they show up with their goons and shoot my dog, and terrify my wife, i just want to make sure i'm clean. But, if there's anything i can ever do to help you, I will !! Remember with precise timing, you can harvest 5 or 6 times a year. With a 400 watt hid, I was getting 12 to 14 oz. of dry bud, every 10 weeks, like clockwork after you get it down. I'd do better with a 600 watter, but I don't want the electric bill that comes with it. Have a good one !! :reading420magazine::popcorn::cool::cool:

Back
Top Bottom