Small 250 Watt Grow Please Help a Newbie

Went down tonight and found 5 males so far. I guessed right on a few :) The one i pegged hasnt shown any signs yet. Sorry no pics but trust me there were balls i found some females just starting to poke there hairs out too. The more stout one that i didnt train i want to keep as a mother how much florecent light does she need????

Went down tonight and found 5 males so far. I guessed right on a few :) The one i pegged hasnt shown any signs yet. Sorry no pics but trust me there were balls i found some females just starting to poke there hairs out too. The more stout one that i didnt train i want to keep as a mother how much florecent light does she need????

Glad you got some hairs showing!

For decent veg growth, you need about 30w per square foot, so for a small mom you could start with a couple of 20-25w 6500k "daylight" CFL's, and if you get too much stretch, add another one or two as needed to get bushy growth.

If I was going to keep a mom in a smaller space, I try just using side-lighting and no overhead light in order to reduce vertical growth. Same setup as you're going to hang the big CFL's in your flowering tent, but without the HPS.

congrats on the ladies, hope you see lots more!

good job bro ;)

male2A.jpg

male1A.jpg

Pic of the boys i cut down

I agree that those look like boys, but sometimes it's not so easy to determine sex when the pre-flowers are that small.

Sometimes the calyx that the two female hairs grow out of can be swollen and look like balls.

A bit disturbing to use the words "swollen" and "balls" in the same sentence, lol.

Those males you pulled would not have been any threat for at least several days, and you would be even more confident of their sex.

hmmmm... too quik to get em outa there for some space i guess. Well lesson learned but i wont have the male problem for at least one or two grows. I really want to grow the Chronic I had a bunch from a fellow grower a few years back and it def. lived up to its rep. ;) I really want to grow some bright purple or blue buds too. Ramble ramble lol. I do have a few i wasnt sure of so i left em till tomorrow or the next day. Thanks for checkin in on me Mr. Sun The fun has just begun... <-- hey im a poet n didnt know it hahahahah

Hey troublesome just found this new grow. Is this the same grow different journal?

Make sure that you don't let any males stay in there too long after you determined they are males. I was lazy and didn't chop down my two males and they sexed up my girls very quick. I am actually glad that this happened because now I will get some more seeds.

Anyways looking good keep it up!

Reefa Cheefa- ya iv kinda abandoned the other im goin to take it off my sig. Ya i immediatly cut them and threw them into a couple grocery bags then into a couple trashbags then they went to the aparments dumpster down the st. lastnight around 3 in the morning :riskybusiness:

Lol im in the east coast 2 bro. Nice lil journal you got my friend. Where about in the east if you dont mind me asking? In far east as far as who beating orlando in the playoffs :) Would like to see some pics of the plants after you did that lst :)

just east ;) myzz617 Ill have newer pics soon. My old lady filled the memory card on the camera. Im down to 10 plant now only one or 2 im not 100% sure are females. And guess what Mr. Sun..... ;) The biggin was a male :) ....i knew it lol I wont be making any predictions anymore though ill let em show first because i was wrong on a couple but for the most part i was right just off by 2.
Im thinking about removing my cfl's and putting them into my other cabinet to veg my mother. Good idea????????????????????

Back
Top Bottom