Small 250 Watt Grow Please Help a Newbie

So your saying that if i put them in there it will be pointless??

My experience with adding 6500k CFL side-lighting in bloom is that it stimulated leafy growth at the expense of bud growth. After one week, I had a lot of new foliage but the buds weren't swelling, so I took them out and replaced them with 2700k CFL's and got the results I was looking for.

I don't know that it would be "pointless" to put them in there, but additional 2700k light would be a better choice.

yep, 2700k is best for flowering.

They make "Y" adapters that you could use along with the adapters you already have if you wanted to get four 42w 2700k CFL's. That would give you 84w per side.

The 68w 2700k CFL's at Home Depot would work good too. Even just adding one 42w CFL per side would add a good amount of light.

rock on Troublesome ;)

"Cool white" and "soft white" aren't the same.

"Cool" means bluish light, and the Sylvania cool white bulbs are 4100k, which would be better than the 6500k, but they aren't 2700k, which is what you want.

What you want to look for is the "k" number to be sure you're getting exactly what you want.

I'm sorry man, I tried to be clear about that, but I guess I wasn't.

hang in there brother, we'll get it sorted out ;)

glad you got the humidity and thermometer, those are essential

&r%$%#%^%(^&$$*%$ Well damn... i seen the 2700k that u talked about but they were so small lol and the ones i got looked exacly the same just bigger i guess i was wrong oh well here we go back to the store i will get EXACTLY WHAT U SAID THIS TIME ;) Be back in a few

YAY!!!!!! I FINALLY GOT IT RIGHT!!!! THANKS A MILLION MR. SUN With your advice u saved me a ton of money the lights i bought were like a quarter the price of what i bought so i was able to afford my humidity meter and thermometer. But at least you now know that your word is as good as gold to me and i WILL listen to you. I know ima rookie and the size of that first light i got was HUGE it was like the size of a 2 liter bottle lol iv got pics ill post here n a sec Thanks for helpin a goof ball out man ;)

newlights6.jpg

newlights3.jpg

newlights5.jpg

I just noticed you're running two journals for the same grow. That can be a bit confusing, but I'll try to keep up if you want me to.

Those temp and RH numbers are good for veg, but RH should ideally be lower for the flowering cycle.

Increasing the temp will have the effect of lowering your RH, so that may happen naturally as the weather starts getting hotter. Adding the side-lighting will give you more light and raise temps a bit, so that's a good thing.

Be sure to run your circulation fan 24/7 to help prevent any mold issues.

A dehumidifier would also help, of course, but don't know if you want to spend more money on things.

Mr.Sun- Ya i know it keeps me busy lol and not everybody just goes to one so i keep the two goin. They both are pretty much the same thing. Dont be confused stick to just one of em if you'd like and id be really happy. You've helped me the most and saved me money on the last shopping spree. ....Where can i get a dehumidifier??? The $100 i spent yesterday was a gift from gma ;) And iv got another $100 outa my check tonight thats spendable. Iv been puttin in a ton more hours at work so i can do what it takes to get this thing right ;)

DjMattzOR- Yes it was i made 3 trips too the hardware store yesturday :( But oh well whatever it takes to give my babies what they want ;) Damned males let me tell ya lol
I cant wait to have a mommy so ill never have to deal with a male again...Well until i find a strain thats bright purple... I WANNA GROW BRIGHT PURPLE BUDS! ... That or Chronic or both ;)

I have looked into purchasing a dehumidifier, they are quite expensive. Most start at more than $100, there are alternatives like water absorbing polymers you can purchase that dehumidify rooms and such. I am anxiously waiting for my lights to turn on so I can check the sex of my baby!

Back
Top Bottom