First Grow - Hawgs Kush- Information Appreciated

Just caught up on your journal and what a fantastic job you have done so far. Plants a looking great and already getting ready for the next. Great job and keep up the great work. + rep

Just caught up on your journal and what a fantastic job you have done so far. Plants a looking great and already getting ready for the next. Great job and keep up the great work. + rep

hey sonzor thanks for taking the time out to come into my world and look thru:slide:!!! i appreciate the rep and just wanna say stay tuned!!

good grow man, the tie downs are working well

yea im lovin how many sites im seeing of of each plant... theres at least 10 on each plant that are shooting up and that not including the lower ones that havent got a chance to catch up!!! soon imma have a little room of trees...hwaaa hwaaa hwaaaaa(evil laugh)!!:trance:

update 12.1.09 (day 23 flower)

just a quick word i pulled all the plants out and watered em with full strength nutes for the first time... i worked up from half strength with no burn problems so hopefully they can handle fully bully!! i also put a couple teaspoons of molasses to the mix for added flavor and weight;)...these lil mammas are lookin better and better day by day... im leaving town for a couple days but im adjusting my light and everything to compensate for the growth that may occur over the next 2 or 3 days im gone.... so heres a couple pics before the trip!!!
2009-12-01_07_59_30.jpg
2009-12-01_07_58_21.jpg
2009-11-30_14_58_10.jpg

update 12.6.09 (day 28 flower)

:slide:so i opened up my box this morn and my plants have grown hella:slide: some parts were past my lights!!! the bud sites are really looking good and healthy.. the full strength nutrient mix worked good with no burnt tips.its just crazy how when u dont see ur plants for a few days they seem to get crazy big....well my couple clones are doin pretty well also in soil now except that i may have left them a little to close to the lights when i left so they look a lil heat stressed but they should be cool there alot of new growth coming out of both of them...and heres a few pics

a couple of my ladies....
2009-12-06_05_00_52.jpg
2009-12-06_05_02_19.jpg
2009-12-06_05_24_26.jpg

the babies....
2009-12-06_13_23_55.jpg
2009-12-06_13_24_03.jpg
2009-12-06_13_24_10.jpg

Hi Zills, just read the 5 pages you have thus far and I gotta say well done!! The ladies are well on their way to a bountiful harvest.

Maybe I am just stoned but I dont recall an answer to you cloning questions. Specifically the yellowing: When you have alot of green growth on the plant during cloning, the plant is relying on the stored nutrients within the leaves to sustain itself. As the nutrients are used up roots grow, the leaves yellow and some will die. That sounds good and all, but its not what we want. What we are looking for is root production at this stage, and we want it fast. This is often accomplished with rooting hormones and the use of clones that only have a single set of leaves (2 sets if you insist lol). Then you want to cut EACH leaf "finger" in half. When your done it should look like your hands with all your fingers cut off at the knuckles. Sorry for that illustration, but its the only way I can explain it. This will push the plant to produce the roots faster, as there is no other option except death. And our favorite plant is a tough one that fights for its life. The yellowing wont disappear but will be greatly reduced. Hope this helps some, and good luck.

Hi Zills, just read the 5 pages you have thus far and I gotta say well done!! The ladies are well on their way to a bountiful harvest.

Maybe I am just stoned but I dont recall an answer to you cloning questions. Specifically the yellowing: When you have alot of green growth on the plant during cloning, the plant is relying on the stored nutrients within the leaves to sustain itself. As the nutrients are used up roots grow, the leaves yellow and some will die. That sounds good and all, but its not what we want. What we are looking for is root production at this stage, and we want it fast. This is often accomplished with rooting hormones and the use of clones that only have a single set of leaves (2 sets if you insist lol). Then you want to cut EACH leaf "finger" in half. When your done it should look like your hands with all your fingers cut off at the knuckles. Sorry for that illustration, but its the only way I can explain it. This will push the plant to produce the roots faster, as there is no other option except death. And our favorite plant is a tough one that fights for its life. The yellowing wont disappear but will be greatly reduced. Hope this helps some, and good luck.
thanks cuz i didnt really get a response before but i ended up figuring i was doin something right be cause they rooted and start growing:ganjamon:...
lol the fingers reference was hella graphic....lol:smokin:lol

was wondering if you were still working on the SCROG method... i'm interested if it has any positives to it
naw i ditched it this go around and stuck to just the lst method... this next go tho imma do it with 2 plants cuz my 4 plants are getting cramped in my cab.:whoa:...but from all of my research its the business!!! people are pulling a qp+ off 1 plant with not as much light as it would take a plant grown regular...Im a fan even tho i havent tried it:cheer:

All the plants are looking wonderful, great job and keep up the good work...
thanks sonzor:thanks:

and heres a couple pics off a friends camera i borrowed......
S3501322.JPG
S3501317.JPG
S3501312.JPG
S3501310.JPG
S3501301.JPG
S3501299.JPG
S3501296.JPG
S3501293.JPG
S3501291.JPG
S3501289.JPG

these r the clones...and they r growin strong :rollit:
S3501315.JPG
S3501314.JPG

You have some wonderful looking flowers going on there and the clones look wonderful also, great job...

the plants are looking good! they look to be about the same in flowering as my northern lights are. I'm still amazed at how damn well the CFLs work. If I get a good couple of mothers going, I just may have to configure a ballast similar to yours

Looking good there zills. :goodjob:

Nice little setup and great looking plants. If you can pull off a show like this as a nOOb I see "Master Grower" in your future.

:nicethread:

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom