1st Grow: Strawberry Kush Closet Grow

Hgrk17

420-magazine-mobile1915955696.jpg

420-magazine-mobile553526395.jpg
420-magazine-mobile525801667.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1365338285.jpg

Hey guys just passed over week one in my grow. The babies are thriving. Heres a quick run down.

Started with 3 strawberry kush seeds.
(OG Kush X Strawberry Cough)

All feminized in

Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil
6.5 Ph Water
Fox Farm Trio Nutrients
Florilicious Plus by GH for supplementation
All in 5 gal Buckets
First started with (12) 28 watt CFL 6500k
Moved to 400 Watt Phamtom MH/HPS set up 2 days ago. And suggestions on my grow setup/methods as Im going along would be great.
These are pics 2 days ago will update again on water day.

The Kushman

420-magazine-mobile1739742592.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2053112309.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1227163635.jpg

Heres my new updated. Seems like they grew a ton in the past few days. Bumped up the grow big to 5.5 tsp per 2 gal vs 4 last week. Had to move the light back up since they grew i was starting to see a little light burn i think. Soil has compressed so added some more today thats why they look short. Been having some wind burn issues so will have oscillating fans soon.

The Kushman

Misting the little ones like that is a good thing for health and humidity. Yet you run the risk of some leaf damage under strong light.

The drops will magnify the strong light and can burn little spots in the leaf. It's best to do it under moderate light and allow time for droplets to dry with some ventilation. You could also just try to spray the undersides of leaves where the plant's stomata are located.

If you're in a rush...spray and then blow off with a drink straw. Cheers. Grow em well.

Thanks for the tip. Now that you mention that i could see that happening. That was the first time i did that. I may just do it at night time for them and underneath if i need to on the water days

The Kushman

Ok peeps i have read to water with nutrients everyother watering. I have been doing it every water so far and have been getting good results. Im now afraid after reading that im going cause nutrient lock up. Any advice would be appreciated

The Kushman

You have another room to flower because looks like that HPS light might be to warm if you don't have duct tubing and inline fan

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ok peeps i have read to water with nutrients everyother watering. I have been doing it every water so far and have been getting good results. Im now afraid after reading that im going cause nutrient lock up. Any advice would be appreciated

The Kushman
I use the fox farm Trio. I use it at half strength and I feed ,water, water. I have done lots of research and have read that it can burn the plants or cause lock out full strength.

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies

Im up to full strength on big bloom and inbetween general and heavy feeding that is stated on the grow big bottle. So would you suggest still do it every water but half strength?

The Kushman

Im up to full strength on big bloom and inbetween general and heavy feeding that is stated on the grow big bottle. So would you suggest still do it every water but half strength?

The Kushman
Yes! Do a little research. Fox farm at full strength tends to burn and lockout plants. Also you might want to get some sledgehammer for later flushing and cal mag.

Sent w my Light, Love and Energies

Yes that is on the shopping list already. Thanks for the heads up. Ive been really worried about burning them..

The Kushman

You have another room to flower because looks like that HPS light might be to warm if you don't have duct tubing and inline fan

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Hey man i keep the door open all the time. Chilling between 77-82 for the most part so temp for the moment is good. I do have a fan blowing directly at the hood though so i helps push the heat out of the closet

The Kushman

I'll be following to see how the strawberry kush comes out u definitely do not want to feed them every time u water and be sure not to over water

"You can fail at doing something you don't want, so you might as well take a chance on doing something you love" ~ Jim Carrey

Also make sure u don't keep the soil so high almost touching those leaves moisture can collect under the leaves and then I'll get a mold issue it looks REALLY close in the pic

"You can fail at doing something you don't want, so you might as well take a chance on doing something you love" ~ Jim Carrey

yes its currently new dry soil on top after i watered so i will make sure it goes down when i water again. thanks for you input.

Back
Top Bottom