Sillysally's First Grow - Strawberry Blue & Blue Widow

Gorgeous green color, shiny, healthy leaves, perfume development and vigorous growth. What's not to love? :love:

Isn't this fun Sally?:laughtwo:

Alright so it has been a minute since I uploaded some pictures so I figured it was about time. I went ahead and flushed the crap outta everyone today because my soil seems to have gotten a bit too acidic. The BW doesn't seem to care, and the SMR is doing pretty well, although she has a few yellowed leaf tips. The SB is just a moody little brat and if anything doesn't go her way she pouts. She's just disappointed me this entire grow and I highly doubt I'm gonna try again with the other 2 seeds.

The BW keeps doing her thing and stretching up towards that light. I've counted ~20ish little tops on her canopy and I did a little bit of leaf removal after taking this photo (just the leaves blocking lower bud sites).

2015-03-29_09_03_19.jpg
2015-03-29_09_03_30.jpg

The SMR is doing her thing as well. Her growth is a bit weird as the main cola didn't really take over, it's the two of the side branches that are larger and denser. There are 2 other side branches that are quite a bit shorter so I tried to do a little LST and bend them out a bit about a week ago and I was looking today and realized that I snapped one about halfway through. She didn't even flinch or show any signs that anything was wrong!

2015-03-29_09_02_59.jpg
2015-03-29_09_03_06.jpg
2015-03-29_09_04_24.jpg

And here's the little emo girl SB. Bitching at me about her pH with her yellowing leaves. I really don't care too much what happens with her at this point...

2015-03-29_09_03_45.jpg
2015-03-29_09_03_50.jpg

They look good and hearty Sally, discounting that crazy SB. Why exactly are you keeping her going? I'd be tempted to pull her, redo the soil and plant someone else.

That you could snap a branch and have the plant not skip a beat speaks well of your work. Keep it going.

I've thought about just trashing her but it seems like there's only gonna be a few weeks left with her so I figured I'd just wait it out. My boyfriend and I don't smoke a ton so the amount from this grow should last us a while. I don't really plan on doing another until the fall probably, although I may change my mind. I've been eyeballing some Auto Dark Devil seeds...

Did you see those pictures da Tenshi posted on my journal today? It's an enticing strain, that's for sure. I'm hoping to get lots of deep purples with mine. It's hard to resist planting again Sally. :laughtwo:

SillySally,

I didn't see how long, but how long did you veg your Blue Widow for? I've only just sprouted a Blue Widow seed and I was thinking of vegging her for 6-8 weeks. The grow looks fantastic! Fascinated to see what the Strawberry Blue does next.

I vegged the Blue Widow for ~8 weeks but I had a lot of issues early on so she really should be bigger at this point. I really don't think there's gonna be too much more going on with the SB as she's getting close to harvest at this point. I'm just hoping whatever I get from her is decent and isn't harsh.

] So it has been a minute since I did an update!
Things are going alright over here, although I am definitely running into some issues.
The SMR is pretty much done at this point. I'm thinking bout chopping her next weekend.
20150417_073237.jpg

The BW is the lady that I'm concerned about. I'm pretty sure I'm dealing with a Ca issue. Her leaves are yellowing and she's getting a buncha brown spots and crunchy leaves. I was thinking about getting some cal-mag this weekend.
What are your thoughts?
20150417_073151.jpg
20150417_073158.jpg
20150417_073208.jpg
20150417_073216.jpg

Went ahead and gave the BW a dose of a cal-mag supplement. I'm hoping she perks up after that :-/

I went ahead and chopped the SB down, so we'll see if she gives me anything worth smoking. Her root structure was really pretty terrible. She didn't really grow much past the original volume of the red solo cup that I had her in. I didn't snap any pics because it really didn't seem worth it to me.

I'm going to harvest the SMR tomorrow. So I prepped today by removing the majority of her fan leaves. She had a goofy little "W" shaped growth pattern. I didn't do any sort of training with her and this is how she grew!
2015-04-19_12_55_56.jpg
2015-04-19_12_56_24.jpg
2015-04-19_12_57_08.jpg
CM150219-13014303.jpg

Hmmm... I dont know if I would chop the SMR yet. Is there anyway you can check trichome color? You still have a lot of new pistil growth. If you chop too early you will have a very low THC content and there wont be much worth to it. Trichomes need to be cloudy/milky with a mix of amber.

Hmmm... I dont know if I would chop the SMR yet. Is there anyway you can check trichome color? You still have a lot of new pistil growth. If you chop too early you will have a very low THC content and there wont be much worth to it. Trichomes need to be cloudy/milky with a mix of amber.

I've been checking the trichomes daily and it is all pretty much cloudy at this point with a few amber here and there.

Went ahead and chopped down the SMR today. I didn't get a wet weight on the SMR as it doesn't really seem necessary to me.
She definitely had a lot more to offer than the SB. I only ended up getting like 7 grams dried off of the SB. My boyfriend and I had to smoke a little bit of the SB last night (duhh!). The smoke was definitely a bit harsh, but it was a nice mellow uplifting high albeit a little on the weak side. I'm hoping that maybe she perks up a bit after being cured. Maybe I'll try the other 2 SB seeds if things get a bit better during the cure.

Any hoo... here are a couple photos of the washed and trimmed SMR! She definitely has a fruity tropical smell going on. Can't wait to try her!!
2015-04-21_17_15_53.jpg
2015-04-21_17_16_09.jpg

Sally,
Sorry to hear you Blue Widow has been giving you difficulties. Mine is starting to show a deficiency in Nitrogen. Hopefully I got to it in time that it doesn't stress her out too much.
Congrats on the harvest of the Strawberry Blue!!! She had a mind of her own I would be surprised if she ends up surprising you again when she's fully cured.

Back
Top Bottom