First Time Grower - Dinafem Blue Widow

Day 89,90/Day41,42 Flower, sorry for the delay in posting life has been a bit hectic the last few weeks, back to the main attraction, I fed her nutes two days ago after examining the trichomes and seeing that they are still pretty clear, so I'm figuring I've got a few more weeks before harvest. One question for everyone, when I go to flush her, shall I continue with the molasses, or should it just be straight water? I can tell you however the fan and filter are doing an amazing job. No smell in the room what so ever! The second I open the tent I get a nice aroma of blueberry muffins.
image27626.jpg
image27627.jpg
image27628.jpg
image27629.jpg

I still used molasses during my flush period, the molasses will continue to feed those beneficial microbes in the medium from what I understand, essentially eating up more of the unused nutes in it.

Makes sense. So therefore you get a clearer flower at the end? Thank you for the information.

Day 91,92/Day 43,44 Flower, sorry guys it occurred to me that I forgot to post yesterday's update. So I'll do today and yesterday's. Nothing too spectacular happen yesterday. Today I gave her water with molasses. She must of been quite thirsty as she drank and entire gallon with very little runoff. Trichomes continue to be clear.
image27700.jpg
image27701.jpg
image27702.jpg
image27703.jpg

Day 93/Day 45 Flower, tori homes are still clear top to bottom, very few trichomes have started to get cloudy. Is it possible for a plant to be ready and the trichomes not be cloudy/amber?

if you are only in day 45 of flower you should still have a bit of ways to go I am going to start checking my trichomes at day 53 of flower and let them go until they are nice and ripe but that's me

Day 96/Day 48 Flower, sorry to everyone that has been following this grow I haven't had much time to update all of you on the grow the last week. Not a whole lot has occurred in the last week. I was hoping/holding out that she would have one last pistil cycle right before she was ready to harvest, but I don't think that happen. I continue to check the Trichomes daily and slowly but surely they're turning cloudy. I took a couple pictures of them, I apologize the quality isn't the greatest my phone can only do so much. Lol as for watering I've been alternating between plain water and water with molasses, just to give the microbes in the soil a better chance of breaking down all the nutes that I used during the grow. I'm really hoping for a really smooth smoke. I don't think I'll be reaching my goal of having an ounce come from her, and I know exactly where I messed up on that one. I thought by mimicking the late autumn sun would really stimulate her into building her flowers up, but in reality I think it hinder her greatly by raising my fixture up from a few inches above her to over a foot above her. On a side note, I've been really pleased by the addition of the inline fan and filter. I should of bought them from day one. You live and you learn.

image27932.jpg
image27933.jpg
image27936.jpg
image27934.jpg
image27935.jpg

If she's stopped pushing out new pistils, you're good to harvest her whenever. After work, I'm chopping at least Bubblelicious #3 and possibly Bubblelicious #1. Had a friend stop by to pick up some extra clones and he was impressed with how plump the LED lights made the buds. Are you still thinking of upgrading lights for the next grow? Or are you gonna make the best of the T5s?

And I must add that harvest time is a window and not a date. Adding extra days at this point may bulk up the buds a little but will mostly just change the high. Some say harvesting sooner gives a more sativa effect and later a more indica effect. That said, I've never done side by side tests. Might harvest some branches that look more done and give the rest a few more days or another week. BTW, buds look tasty! You're gonna love the smoke.

Back
Top Bottom