Sillysally's First Grow - Strawberry Blue & Blue Widow

Ultradan is right it is just the 400w MH. Why do you think that could be the cause?
I had some issues with the pH early in veg that I think screwed me up pretty good. My temps also get a bit cold with lights out too.

Well lighting schedules are very much still be experimented with, but longer light periods inhibit auxin production - which in turn can limit the height of the plant...I also suspect that your root system may not be getting much time to grow since primary root growth takes place during dark periods. I think this all very much strain dependent. Some people veg with 24 hours light periods...I personally don't see how that is preferable. I just say that so you know you are not on the complete extreme end of the spectrum.

Have you considered adding a couple more hours of darkness?

I'm with CC on this Sally. That rest period is important to all living things, cannabis included.

Took some quick photos this morning and things are looking good over here. There's not much to report with the SB so I didn't take any photos of her.

The SMR has such a pretty growth pattern. I love looking at her from the top down and seeing the symmetry she's got going on. I also took a close up of one of her bud sites that I thought looked pretty neat. Don't mind the dirt under my nails I was playing in the soil :thumb:

2015-03-05_09_01_21.jpg
2015-03-05_09_01_28.jpg
CM150301-17200901.jpg

The BW is still being a beast and filling out like crazy. I can't even imagine what she's going to do when I switch her over to flowering! I've only fed her twice, once with 1/4 strength nutes, and again with 1/2 strength and I'm thinking maybe she's asking for full strength? What are your thoughts?

2015-03-05_09_01_11.jpg

So we're starting day 4 of flowering here and the BW is looking great. This lady just loves being abused! There aren't any signs of flowering yet, but she's pretty much completely filled in from when I did the defol.
2015-03-11_07_09_05.jpg

The SMR is trucking right along and stacking on more buds and getting a little bit frosty as well.
2015-03-11_07_09_09.jpg

I keep trying to tie down the SB as much as possible because the main area down by the stem has a bunch of overcrowded buds going on...
2015-03-11_07_09_14.jpg

:party::party::party::slide::slide:

So I figured it was time for a little update. The BW is doing awesome. She seriously is looking bigger every time I look at her. I removed some of the lower leaves that were all shaded today.

20150321_073005.jpg
20150321_073027.jpg

The SMR is doing well too. I gave her a light feeding earlier this week and she seemed to enjoy it. She has quite the over ripe fruit smell going on.
20150321_072901.jpg
20150321_072952.jpg

Back
Top Bottom