Lush Lighting LED Grow Questions! Ask Us Almost Anything!

If they had designed the magic cannabis spectrum then surely you'd see them clearly out performing any other LED light.
Ronnie6690 is doing a comparison grow, Lush vs Advanced & they are performing exactly the same. Crawdaddy is doing a comparison grow, Advanced vs TopLED and these are performing exactly the same. All of these lights have different spectrums & massively different prices yet all perform the same.

Due to the above, I conclude that someone is telling porkies

I have no veggies cause no room for them in my greenhouse among st the pot giants:)

Honestly wish I had the spare $1K to buy one, then I would put it side by side with a cheaper panel in an instant and find out for myself.

LOL I think Sam is goign ot miss all the questions if we don't wait:)

I am not bashing Lush at all. This is a relatively unbiased discussion. I would like to know who did the study to figure out the exact light spectrum necessary to grow cannabis from seed to harvest, then "designed" a LED panel to specifically grow cannabis. I don't know of the research which tells me what spectrum the cannabis needs or how they did the experiment, what was the sample, etc.

Ordinarily, I don't get all worked up over such things, but when someone makes a claim, that is altogether different. Then, I want it backed up, particularly when the item top of the line and the most high priced LED panel out there. So, I think the question needs answering and so far, has not been answered. So we wait. I'm patient.

I am not bashing Lush at all. This is a relatively unbiased discussion. I would like to know who did the study to figure out the exact light spectrum necessary to grow cannabis from seed to harvest, then "designed" a LED panel to specifically grow cannabis. I don't know of the research which tells me what spectrum the cannabis needs or they did the experiment, what was the sample, etc.

Ordinarily, I don't get all worked up over such things, but when someone makes a claim, that is altogether different. Then, I want it backed up, particularly when the item top of the line and the most high priced LED panel out there. So, I think the question needs answering and so far, has not been answered. So we wait. I'm patient.
I dont think their telling anyone,just like any other name brand. The do give moneyback if you dont like.

I do appreciate money back if you don't like it. Great. That is not the answer. If you make a claim to have a design which does this or that, it has to be backed up by the facts. Otherwise, anybody can claim anything about anything. We have certain industry standards and regulations. I'm not talking unreasonable, here.

I can't put up an ad saying I will sell you my especially designed tires, and they fly too. I'd have to prove to you how they can do this or I'd be making it up, right? Why waste time saying I'll refund your money if you don't like it? Why not provide evidence of your light being what it says it is? Not the secret sauce, just the research used to develop it.

I think I'm finished here. I don't want to harp on these people. It is obvious the answer is not coming.

I have two reflectors. The casing on the lush is twice as thick each diode is cased and has a lens then a cover over that.

The reflectors are a lightweight unit & I'd say they would survive being thrown down the stairs but I get what you're saying about lens covers. I still couldn't justify paying the extra though, not unless the results matched their claims.

Hey y'all!! Great questions and comments amassing here - I am going to get back TODAY OR TOMORROW and address them all!!! so sorry didn't forget you guys nor am I ducking anything... we've been crazy busy here at Lush and I've been helping out some other departments... because I am Sam-azing! I WILL BE BACK! kinda like the terminator. :thumb:

Hey y'all, I know it's taken me forever and a day to get back here... My apologies to all. Now let me dive into actually answering some of these questions in the time I do have here!

Very nice questions, all of y'all, I'm really excited to finally be able to answer them, btw! I'm not going to quote everything, and make an impossibly long reply, so if I miss anything, feel free to point it out.

Regarding Kushington Farms: No, it is not/was not a proxy for Lush. I don't know the specifics of it, but yes they did purchase their lights.
Kushington was extremely helpful and supportive of us in the earliest days of Lush, and I would say we continue to have an excellent working relationship with them.

Regarding side by side studies with other panels & sponsorship:
1. To the best of my knowledge, Ronnie6690s grow is not sponsored. My understanding is that he purchased his light, with a discount that was freely available to anyone else at that time. If I'm wrong in any way Ronnie, I apologize. So, and I understand that most of you are saying I don't see a difference. Quite frankly, I believe from personal experience that the biggest difference will lay in the complete finished product. I am confident that at the end of the day the buds produced under the Lush Lights will be heartier, more potent, and better tasting. That's been my experience. To the best of my knowledge, Lush has not sponsored any side by side panel testing. We've always believed we have a unique and superior product. We have many satisfied customers who will attest to that. Rather than expend our energies being concerned about other light companies, we have focused on improving our own products, constantly. Which leads into the next thing:

>>>GardenFaerie>>>What study was done to determine how one would create a light source for a particular plant? I can't find that much information anywhere. Not online, anyway. I have not found much of any conclusive or scientifically researched evidence for growing cannabis under any conditions. Most of what, ALL of what I have been reading is practical, not theoretical.

So that is my question. How did you develop your LED panels to be specific for growing cannabis? >>>

2. We started with that same information available on the internet and in books, and we ran with it. In a manner of speaking. Obviously it wasn't exactly that simple, but in the long run, developing a new product is exactly that: taking an idea, physically producing a sample, and trying it out. We kept working from there. There is obviously already a huge amount that is scientifically proven about light and plant growth in general so we had a solid foundation. We built on that methodically and indeed heavily researched. We kept what seemed to work well, we tweaked or trashed what didn't, and that's what we continue to do. Is there data from all that? You bet. A lot of it is available on our website.

I noticed the "magic cannabis spectrum" comment; I cannot say we've discovered such. (Alas. That would be pretty cool!!!) I do believe that we have come up with a better spectrum for growing better cannabis. It's totally true that an amazing grower (like KingJohnC) will probably grow a better plant than myself under a Lush light. But for me, that's where a lot of the difference comes in. I can grow a pretty darn good plant under a Lush light, but under say HPS I can't even get that sucker to live long enough to flower.

Regarding Crawdaddys basic cost analysis: You say you doubt that the Dominator costs us more than $500.00 to make. For one, I don't know that bottom line cost. I suspect however from my own quick market research that it's actually much more than that. For every option I chose the highest quality parts, because I know that's what we use. Also, in general, the cost of physically manufacturing an item is only a small fraction of the total cost a retail-end consumer will pay. Everything other than the physical manufacture of the lights happens right here in Michigan, USA. You get your light from Michigan. We do quality assurance here, engineering, research & development... and so on. That all impacts the cost. And American employees are not cheap... heck, I'm not cheap! :) In the future we would like to make it viable to shift manufacture to the United States.

Side note: We are also highly committed to being a good corporate citizen in our community; from national to local. We have been a vocal supporter in the fight to legalize, at a minimum, medical marijuana nationally. On the local scale, we currently give the yields of fruits & veggies grown in our R&D facility to charities. We are also sponsoring the power for a local benefit bbq/rock concert here in our hometown in Michigan.

I know there's still a lot more to be said, but let's start with that for now. :) Thanks yall!

Hey Lush LED...

Thank you for being a sponsor of 420 Magazine and supporting the community.

I had a few questions that I didn't find answers to on your website.

What brand of LED drivers do LUSH use in the lights?

What brand LED chips are used in the LED lights?

Do you have any thermal readings of the operating case temperature of the Lush Lights? (like operating temp at the top middle, sides of the light while on?)

On your website, it seems that your coverage/footprint of the rectangular lights seems to be square. From my experience, generally the light footprint is similar to the shape of the LED panels (even thought diodes produce a round footprint) , the optimal lighting area is directly under the diodes due to the chip angles and lenses. So do you really find that your rectangular lights provide on optimal square coverage area? or are the charts listed and footprints on your website more for general reference?

I ask these questions only because I didn't find the info on the website and these are the types of questions I would want to know as a consumer.

Back
Top Bottom