MacEFL's First Grow - WW - NL & Cinex

Thanks KingJohnC! It has been fun. I harvested the two Northern Lights the day before yesterday. They are hanging as we speak. Everything else is in jars. I will post final weights and a full smoke report in a few weeks when the first jars get opened.

Well, the weights are in and it's time to do a smoke report. I ended up with just over 12 ounces. Not too bad for a first grow, I think. I ended up with 4.5 ounces of Northern Lights, 5.5 ounces of Cinex and just over 2 of White Widow. The Cinex is the strongest. My wife and I both agree that it is fine during the day as long as you are doing something. Site in the recliner and 2 or 3 rips later it's nap time. This was harvested with very few amber trichs so this is the natural powers of this cut. I took some cuttings and 1 1/2 took. I say 1/2 because one is barely doing anything but it isn't dead yet. The one that is doing well is ugly but just now starting to get normal leaves. I will probably start a new journal with the new crop and will post pics of it then.

The Northern Lights is pretty good as well. Not as strong as the Cinex but it definitely does the job. Good for the day and the night.

The White Widow is a little disappointing to me. My wife likes it but something about the taste doesn't do it for me. At least they are the smallest yeilders.

The buds on the Cinex and the White Widow are pretty frosty but not a lot of size on them. The Northern Lights nugs are larger. Here is a pick of the largest NL cola.

0011559.JPG

0061160.jpg

So, all in all I am pretty happy with the way this grow went. We got enough smoke to last until next harvest and saved almost a grand in doing so. That's including the cost of the equipment. I am going to run 2 600 watters next time. I also have to build a room inside. I can't keep it warm out in the barn during winter, not enough available power. And it isn't cost effective to run it out there. This will work and it will actually be easier and cheaper. I will run the ballasts at 240V so that will cost the same as 1 at 120V. The ambient temperature is a lot more stable in the house as I am already heating or cooling it and the dehumidifier won't have to work so hard as the AC will already be on, in the summer anyways. I am also going to go organic, or at least mostly organic. I'm thinking Earth Juice. I will be using fabric bags so we will see how the roots like them. I also put the first crop into flower too soon after transplanting into the 7 gallon pots and the roots didn't fill out as much as they should have. So I wasted some soil and nutes. Anyway, blah blah blah.

So I'll leave this up for a few days so people can see this and comment if they choose before I ask that this journal be retired. Thanks to every one who helped along the way. I couldn't have done it without you!

I have two Cinex clones that were taken during flower. One is responding great and obviously I will be using that one. The other one has rooted but is barely starting to re-veg. It actually looks like a sorry little thing. The fan leaves died and fell off so there is only a little growth on the "sugar leaves". I probably should have rooted it longer but it is what it is. Let me talk with my wife, I think I can spare it. If not, in a few weeks I could take cuttings, or you could come here and take cuttings yourself. I found plans for a simple yet effective looking cloner for small numbers so next time the cutting yield should be much better.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom