MacEFL's First Grow - WW - NL & Cinex

Re: MacEFL's First Grow, WW, NL and Cinex

Not a whole lot to report. I borrowed a dehumidifier to see what size I might need and it did a great job. It is now hovering between 50 and 55% RH. Now I need to go buy my own. It took only ten minutes or so to bring it down so I think that I can get by with a smaller capacity one. It has been almost 24 hours so I need to go out and see how much water there is in the bucket.

I am not seeing the "stretch" that every body talks about. I can see that the buds are starting to form but they have only grown 3 or 4 inches in the week and a half they have been in flower. I am not complaining as I was afraid that I was going to run out of head room. I still have 18 inches or so to raise the lights so I am starting to think that I am going to be alright. So as my lights turn off in an hour I guess that I had better get out there and see what needs to be done. I'll take a couple of pic's while I am out there.

Well I went and checked things out yesterday and I am not sure that I am happy. There seems to be something strange going on and I think that I over fertilized a little. I looked at the nute manufacturers web site to see what their recommended dosage is and I upped it to that instead of keeping with what has worked up until now. I am not too worried as it is a weed and I think that all will be fine in the end. I don't know why I changed up my routine but it is what it is. The new growth is looking a little gnarly. I will keep an eye on them for a few days and see what happens. I gave them a real good watering yesterday and will see what they look like today. This is the first time that they had been watered enough to drain out the pot. I went through almost 13 gallons of water for the 6 7 gallon pots! They all had between 10 and 20% run off so that should help the over fertilizer problem. I was going to give half of them some molasses and at the end of the grow decide if it made any real difference. But I decided that I would wait to introduce something new when they weren't happy with me.

I am beginning to think that I may have to remove one or two of my plants out of the room. It is getting a little crowded in there!

0041309.JPG

0031402.JPG

I could put one into a refrigerator box with my CFL array. Build it like the bud drying box some one put on here and then use it for that when the time comes. I wish that I knew some one local that I could take the plant to to finish flowering and then split it with them. I would rather do that and have it finished right than get a bunch of popcorn. I know that you can successfully flower under CFL but it does look like you get bigger, denser buds under hid. I am going to give it another week or so before I decide to let them tell me if they need more room or not.

I wish that I had given the 2 Cinex a better hair cut before putting into flower. They are pretty full. Would it hurt any to take a few (10 or 20) leaves every day or 2 until they get more open? There is a LOT of small leaves and buds starting to form that will probably never amount to anything. I know that most seem to wait until day 25 to defoliate but that is still 13 days away. You can probably tell that they are the 2 plants in the middle of the room. I think that even with the middle of the plant cleaned up real well I will get a bunch of nice buds. In another few weeks I should be able to at least guestimate how many jars I will need to cure my bounty in. And on that note, is it better to have the buds loosely put into larger jars or tightly packed in smaller jars?

They look fine from back here! But you will notice an change in color during the first couple of weeks of flower, not to be worried. Doesn't look full in there at all I would put more in if I could! Also don't freak out when tiny little weird looking leaves start coming out of everywhere underneath the buds and stuff. totally normal!

The lower leaves and any stems or new growths that you don't think will bring any or close to no buds trim em right off. I make smoothies out of my cuttings once they are nice and dry :D

I also am not a fan of using any kind of burner. I prefer the old fashioned yeast in a bucket trick.Get a nice culture going in a bucket half full with water, cup of sugar, piece of bread and dry active yeast. Put a tube coming out he top and over your ladies. Change out the mixture every 2-3 weeks. Works wonders and costs near nothing to run!

Yesterday I had to work all day so all I had time for in the AM was a good watering with plain PH'd water. It has been hot lately (92) and I have been having trouble keeping the temps down. I am not able to put an AC in so I have both fans running trying to replace the air as often as possible. I haven't been out this AM yet so I am hoping that all is well.

These pics were taken a couple of days ago. The buds are coming along nicely!

012595.JPG

I love this plant! It is so bushy and FULL of buds, almost all in a nice even canopy. Oh, and she has a twin sister as well!!!

016427.JPG

This is my first grow but to me it looks like I have a nice tight node spacing. Am I right? On previewing this post I noticed on this pic there appears to be a bunch of little white specks that I haven't noticed before. I'll have to check that out!

009847.JPG

This White Widow seems to be doing well. Yesterday when watering I noticed a lot of smaller branches with tiny little buds. I am thinking that they need to go. I have some time this AM so she will be getting a trimming, mostly lower small branches.

I may have more to report after I get out there this AM.

Hi all,

I have been sitting here for a while reading everything I can so I can do the best for my ladies. I wish that another light set was in the cards, but, it's not until next grow so I will work with what I have in that regard. But, I do want to feed them properly for the flowering phase. And now is the time to make any changes as the last three watering's have been pure PH'd H2o. As of yesterday AM they are looking just fine and I would like to keep it that way. They are in seven gallon pots with 2 to 1 4 mix/ocean forest. So, not a sterile mix but not full of nutes either. I have been using Advanced Nutrients Micro, Grow and Bloom throughout veg and first week of flower. Then water only. I am currently at day 21. These nutes were designed for hydro but have seemed to work well so far. But Advanced says to use the same percentage of nutes throughout the plants life. But in my reading it sounds like they need more of this and less of that while in flower. Too old to remember the little details as to n or p or k. But, so far so good. So, my question is this:

1) Do I keep feeding them as I have, maybe adding a little molasses at times?
2) Do I use the nutes I have, but drop one part a little and or add another?
3) Do I get a bottle of Sensei part A and B?
4) Do I get an additive to what I am currently doing?

Okay, that's four questions and I am sure that there are hundreds of things I could change but one or two twenty's is all I want to swing at the moment. If I had more it would go to more light.

My room has been in the mid 70's to the mid 80's with 86 the highest recorded. The RH has been between 45 and 55%. After today it is supposed to drop into the 70's and lower for the next week or so and I will be able to turn up the dehumidifier if needed. I had to balance humidity against heat produced and I have yet to see any negative effects. The temps have been that stable as I have the lights on at night and off during the day. I am welcoming the lower temps though, I must admit.

They were last watered yesterday AM. So I have a few days to a week depending how right the weather man is. So, I would welcome any advice. Especially anyone who has grown in the same general conditions meaning in soil using AN nutes. But I welcome any and all advice and criticism. Time to go check on the babies and maybe take a few pics!

1) Do I keep feeding them as I have, maybe adding a little molasses at times?
2) Do I use the nutes I have, but drop one part a little and or add another?
3) Do I get a bottle of Sensei part A and B?
4) Do I get an additive to what I am currently doing?

the Advance Nutrients system relies on 4 other products to make up what is lacking in their 3 part grow, micro and bloom system. Advanced Nutrients uses VooDoo Juice, Big Bud, B-52 and Overdrive to supplement their flowering nutrients. Advanced Nutrients Sensi Grow and Sensi Bloom are a 2 part system that also must be supplemented with all 4 bloom products as well. If you decide to mix your current nutrients to different ratios that would be an experiment but may work well also. It is your choice whether you purchase the other 4 products or use another company's products for flowering. I use General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients that can be mixed for all stages of vegetative growth and flowering. General Hydroponics Flora series can be used for hydroponics, soil and soiless mediums.

https://www.advancednutrients.com hydroponics calc

https://generalhydroponics.com flora series

https://www.horticulturesource.com general hydroponics gh flora series performance pack

Thanks for the reply KingJohnC. I looked at them this AM and they are looking great!. I have a few pics I will post tomorrow.

Subbed mac.

I like what you have done so far mac. good job on growing a few beasts!
Is it only the 600 in the flowering room? It might be a little crowded in there but make sure you focus the light on the better plants. I imagine two would fill up most of the light footprint.

Your nutrients you are using I am not familiar with so i can not comment there. I am more on the organic thing now running super soil if you ever wanted some tips there I would be happy to help.

Training for me is always done with a trellis netting. the smaller square scrogs are cool but imo they are for tight spaces with height restrictions. If you have the space let the plants get some legs and then flip em. The trellising is nice cause I can continue moving branches a good two weeks into flower. I simply take plants from veg put them to flower and slam the screen on em and start training to make a perfect nice canopy. Come check out the methods in my journal if you would like.

I am not a guru so if any gurus are and feel I need to be corrected please do so for mr mac

have a good one braddah mac

Thanks to you as well shottafire. The two Cinex needed fed and watering this AM so I just decided to feed a little less grow. I didn't add any bloom or anything else. I want to do a little more research with additives to see where I want to spend my money. I will see how they react and can make any changes before the others need fed.

I had to make a tough decision. I have been fighting PM on the two White Widows and have been spraying with Green Cure and burning sulfur. So far I have been lucky and it has been restricted to the White Widows. I had'n seen any for a couple of weeks and this AM when my wife and I were doing maintenance we saw it was back. So they were banished outside. I know that there are people around this area that are force flowering outdoor plants so I figure these will be ok if they make it through tonight with the temperature change. I will probably keep them sprayed down with Green Cure and I will keep the rain of off them as much as possible. And if they are delayed and the other ladies are finished before these then they can be finished in the room. I will need to clean the walls down any way. Here is a picture of the offending ladies.

White Widow #1
011676.JPG

White Widow #2
010790.JPG

White Widow #1's top
012597.JPG

I will continue to care for these as best I can. Some may say this is harsh but I really don't want it in any more plus now the rest are a little more comfortable and fit under the light better. So it may just be for the best. Here's one to you ladies. :roorrip:

Well, every body is doing just fine! The two White Widows have shown no sign of being unhappy with me. The other four are loving the extra light. I am keeping the rain off of the outside ladies as best as I can. The two Cinex sure do like to drink! They are in seven gallon pots and they are going through 1 1/2 gallons every three or four days. I understand that they are feeding a lot of buds but sheesh. I have to lug water in a bucket and as they are off schedule with every one else, well, now I have to water every other day or so. I know, "quit your whining". I gave the two Cinex some molasses with there water this AM. We'll see how they respond to this.

The ladies are doing, well, pretty good. I say that because they are starting to show a nutrient deficiency. Just a couple of leaves on one plant and another few on another. Coppery spots on a couple of fan leaves is all. BUT, I was watering the four in the room and I decided to check the run off. I have been lazy some and don't always have run off when watering pure water. If I give them each a little over a gallon I get no run off. That is 1 five gallon bucket between the 4. If I split another 3 gallons I get some run off but probably not 10%. I don't think it is so important when I am feeding though. Any way, I PH'd the run off on one plant and I came up with 5.0 or so. Mind you I only have the drops and a sheet to check it against but I have always PH'd the water this way. I will probably run some errands in a bit so I will pick up a soil PH tester.

So, what exactly is the best way to remedy this? They are all watered as of a half hour ago and the lights go off in one minute, so I won't be doing anything today. Do I flush with water that is higher than 6.5 to try and raise it? Next watering would normally be a feeding as well so should I do that as normal adjusting the PH up? I don't think I have an emergency on my hands I just want to know what to do to fix it. I have decided that I am going to continue with the AN nutes using 1T per gallon instead of the recommended 2. I am also adding 1T of molasses per gallon when watered only. I did that last time to the 2 Cinex only and in the 5 days or so the tricomes on the bud leaves have exploded. So I decided to add it to all of them. I am guessing that I have nutrient lock out instead of under feeding. I haven't looked at the deficiency chart to see what it is lacking but I am going to guess that it is nutrients only available to the plant in the upper PH ranges. So if this is correct can I assume that when I get my PH squared away and continue with my feeding as usual the deficiency will correct itself? Also the two Cinex have always had a "claw" on the end of some of the leaves. They also seemed like they were a little too green almost. Is this caused by the PH as well? Any way, here are a couple of pictures of how they look today.

Northern Lights #1

016431.JPG

015470.JPG

Northern Lights #2

0061099.JPG

008955.JPG

Cinex #1

013575.JPG

009855.JPG

010796.JPG

Cinex #2

HMMMMM, How did I miss this? I guess either I forgot to take any of this one or I deleted them for bad exposure. I can't remember and it was only fifteen minutes ago. Damn short term memory loss!

So all in all I think that they are doing pretty well. Once I get the PH settled I think they will once again flourish. I want to thank any one reading this and taking their time to answer my questions. It is so much appreciated!

PS Love those skinny Sativa dominant leaves on the Cinex!

Dont hang about flush in the morn m8. Otherwise you will be waiting too long.

LOL I think that this means I should not wait and flush in the morning, mate. I have heard "don't muck around" but not "don't hang about".

Kidding aside, how much water do you recommend for each 7 gallon pot?

Well it's time to go and see how my ladies are doing. Yesterday I noticed that they were drying out nicely so I will check and see if they are ready to be fed. I am planning on half of what AN recommends. That would be one T per gallon. And I may only give two T of the Grow. They each got flushed with about four gallons of water so I should be good to go. I will bring my camera with me and take a couple of pics. Yesterday they looked like they were over watered, which is understandable. I think that I will only give them a gallon or so of feed today, if they are ready, with no run off. I will then see how they look at their next watering and decide if they need to be fed or watered. I am thinking that I still have a few weeks to go. The Cinex are getting quite loaded with trichs. But the buds still look immature. I will bring my loupe with me to take a look but I expect ALL clear trichs at this stage. Pics in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom