Mendo's Soil/Hydro Indoor - Mendo Kush - Evil Twin - Pure Afghan - Cinex - May 2013

Re: Mendo's Soil/Hydro Indoor - Mendo Kush - Evil Twin - Pure Afghan - Cinex - May 20

your plants are looking good.

Always nice to hear that from someone like yourself. Thank you.

Re: Mendo's Soil/Hydro Indoor - Mendo Kush - Evil Twin - Pure Afghan - Cinex - May 20

Here is the latest update for the garden. Well tonight I chopped the four hydro clones. Looking back at when I put them on 12/12 it would be 8 weeks tomorrow. The cloner took up a lot of valuable space for the better plants. The Mendo and Cinex produced good. The

Evil Twin smells great, but not as dense. I also changed my light period to 9 on and 15 off. I hear this helps with resin production??? I watered all tonight with plain water again. The trichs are looking milky in some. My Afghans are going to be harvested last. They seem

to have a bit to go. Looking at the plants tonight, some branches could be harvested now. I will probably start harvesting selected branches around the end of next week. What I learned from the hydro grow is A) shit ton easier than soil as far as maintenance goes,

B) a cloner can be used to grow tops if you top your plants, C) the benefits of keeping a good PH, D) brown roots don't always mean they are rotten. I know I learned a lot more, but that is the main things. As far as the roots being brown, I think if you was sprayed with Fox

Farms and a seaweed/kelp fert you would be brown too. And if anyone was wondering, the sprayers ran with the light schedule. Would I do it again, probably not. I know it was bad to have 12 hours of constant spraying. I am looking at the DWC system. I like it. Also the

Ebb and Flow seems to be a good one. It will be a bit before I could do something like that anyway. Here are the pics of the chop and a make shift dry box. What a ride......

IMG_055821.JPG

IMG_055720.JPG

Left to right: Mendo, Cinex, Evil Twins
IMG_055921.JPG

Trimmed in same order
IMG_056114.JPG

Hanging for the drying
IMG_056216.JPG

A little update....started chopping. Could have just me being blind, but the first couple of days of light reduction (9 on / 15 off) turned the trichs milky. My Afghans are still growing with nice white pistols so I'm gonna leave them alone. The Mendos are ready and most of the Evil Twins. I will get some pics up once they have all reached the gallows. :yahoo:

Must have missed it, but congrats on the harvest man. Looking forward to seeing some more pics of the Afghans and the finished product of the mendo's shit was lookin frosty! :goodjob:

:thanks:

Yeah man it really crept up on me. Hell I wasn't expecting it. I was busy and didn't realize it was middle of week 8!!!! Oh shit, get a pair of scissors!!

Just wanted to give a little update on the harvest. Like I mentioned before the Mendos are looking good and fat. The EvilTwins can use a few more days. I have cut a few, but I hope they get some more weight. Here are some updated pics.

SuperCrop_7_.JPG

SuperCrop_6_.JPG

SuperCrop_8_.JPG

Mendo Buds
SuperCrop_4_.JPG

SuperCrop_3_.JPG

SuperCrop_2_.JPG

Evil Twin that was Super Cropped (propped up by sticks, nice and heavy)
SuperCrop_1_.JPG

The Afghans. I hate to say it but they did not put on weight at all. Really disappointed. But who knows, they are still going so I'll let them go.
SuperCrop_9_.JPG

SuperCrop_12_.JPG

Close up of Afghan Buds
SuperCrop_10_.JPG

SuperCrop_11_.JPG

SuperCrop_14_.JPG

SuperCrop_13_.JPG

Here is the three tops I rooted and put into 12/12. Two Evil Twins and one Mendo. The Mendo is about four inches tall and fat as hell. Not a giant bush, but cool as hell. I could have just thrown all those tops away, but with these and the four hydro girls with def give me some more bulk to my bag.
SuperCrop_5_.JPG

Great looking harvest!

Sorry for no harvest update. I am cutting them as needed. I trimmed the plants I cut first. I have them in the curing bowl. I am averaging around 13 grams a plant. As far as appeal, the Mendos are heavy and dense. The Evil Twins are really airy, but smell good. BUT...the Cinex I by far my favorite. I only had one but it produced nice dense nugs and smells really good. I'll get some pics up this weekend.

when I'm taking fan leaves off, I'll chew on the stems sometimes for the juice..
does the jucies have any medicating benifits?? (like does it get you high?) or is it just that the plant still has good nutrients that the body likes lol

Sorry for no harvest update. I am cutting them as needed. I trimmed the plants I cut first. I have them in the curing bowl. I am averaging around 13 grams a plant. As far as appeal, the Mendos are heavy and dense. The Evil Twins are really airy, but smell good. BUT...the Cinex I by far my favorite. I only had one but it produced nice dense nugs and smells really good. I'll get some pics up this weekend.

Never tried these strains but Aghan... looking forward to a smoke report?! Congrats Cino :Namaste:

Never tried these strains but Aghan... looking forward to a smoke report?! Congrats Cino :Namaste:

Thanks. Yeah the I have never heard of these myself. But who knows. Some of these strains could be something else, but they just rename it. Anyway...I'm letting it cure a bit before the smoke. I have some holding me over, but I have a friend who is determined to make sure I let them cure for at least a few weeks before sample. I will be sure to put up a smoke report. Here is some harvest pics so far.

IMG_059224.JPG

Mendo Kush
IMG_059719.JPG

Cinex
IMG_059820.JPG

IMG_060025.JPG

Evil Twin
IMG_060124.JPG

IMG_060222.JPG

Overall the Cinex has the most appeal. Smells great, looks great, dense as hell. Only problem is I only had one plant. The Mendos are nice as well. But don't smell as nice as the Cinex. The Evil Twin, well it is airy as can be. Looks good, frosty and full of crystals, but no density at all. I still have a few in the grow tent along with the Afghans. I'm gonna let them go till this weekend. Depending on the quality, I might just make tincture out of them or add them to the hash pot. We shall see...........

Back
Top Bottom