MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insane!

Re: MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insa

Looking good MacG. Just found it and hopping along for the ride :rollit:

Hey KK! :welcome: Glad to see you're on board for sure. I hope you'll participate in the "Growers Choice" it should be fun. :party: I'm heading to the local collective to see what they have this weekend. I'll post the rules for participation and then let 'er rip this weekend.

:peace:

Re: MacG's Afgooey - White Widow - Hog - Mystery Plants - In/Outdoor Soil Grow - Insa

:popcorn: I'm along for the ride. Indoor, outdoor, you have all your bases covered. :adore:

:welcome: Munki! I'm honored that you have chosen to follow. Any thoughts on my idea of a "Growers Choice" outdoor grow? The basic premise is to post what my collective has available and have followers of this journal vote on their favorite. Then I'll add those to my outdoor grow (indoor is full). :) Then I'm thinking I would follow up with nutes etc. etc. for the grow. Don't know if this has been done before, but it seems like it could be a lot of fun. Then we can all :cheer: and :high-five: as the ladies dance!

:peacetwo:

whats up mac,
i see that you are growing some afgoo, i am as well, now i know you said that they are a clone only plant, but i have currently 13 seeds left of Afgoo, they came from a sack that i got from a local delivery collective here where i live, they had informed me that the plant had hermed and that is why it had seeds... so i have 2 of them growing outdoors right now!!! i only hope they can do great outside!!! i will be following yours for sure!!!

:welcome: astron! Wow I think your one LUCKY dude ! :cheer: I think the Afgoo are going to produce some qual meds! Maybe not heavy producers but real nice and full of trich's. The master grower at my collective and from what I have read (never believe everything you read on the www :laughtwo:) that these were clone only. So I'm really interested in your grow and will try to head over there tonight. Right now I'm on 14 hr ass busting schedule but I will get there. Thanks for dropping in and :thanks: for the info!

Thats a pretty nice outdoor storage shed grow set up. How much would you price that all out at? Just Curious.

-Rek

Hey Rek and hope you'll pull up a chair and stay awhile! Not sure how much it all came to. I had the shed for many years but I think I bought it about 10 years ago for about $700 (?) at Costco or HD. I haven't added up my costs on all the other equip, though I have all the receipts, I'm afraid that my wife might find the tally! :rofl: And when I start adding things up I start getting nervous cause the last thing I want to do is start quantifying my hobby or look at this as a business. :yikes: cause I just want to have fun!!! Sorry I can't be more forthcoming than that. I will say this... I'm on a heck of a tight budget :bitingnails:

I've been watching one of my Hog clones from my first grow (there are three in this grow) and wanted to see if I could get some feedback on one of the girls.

One was cloned at veg the other was cloned during early-flower (2 weeks approx.) The one that was cloned in veg is showing normal growth the one cloned from flower is looking like it was either topped, fimm'ed, or lst'd, none of which I have done. It looks like it will develop two main cola's! Here's the pics:

This is the veg clone:

003620.JPG

and this is the early flower clone:

001610.JPG

Although there is still one dominant cola developing the other is pretty substantial and looks like the first grow after LST. The weird thing is that there was no second branch when cloned. It showed only a couple of weeks ago and is shooting up. Pretty cool to me, but wondering if anyone knows about this and how it occurs and am wondering if I clone this one again will it likely produce another one like it?

Thanks for your input!

Is the one you cloned during flower is showing signs that it is still in flower like does it have white pistils or pre flower signs if it dosent you should be allright all mine that showed signs of flowering showed slow growth till they went back to the veg state hope that helps they both look great :thumb: :popcorn:

Awesome reuse of the garden shed, and full of nice goodies too. Very clean and neat. Can't wait to see the outdoor grow progress. How long do you plan to veg inside? 4 weeks or so?

Is the one you cloned during flower is showing signs that it is still in flower like does it have white pistils or pre flower signs if it dosent you should be allright all mine that showed signs of flowering showed slow growth till they went back to the veg state hope that helps they both look great :thumb: :popcorn:

No pre-flower pistils yet papatater. When I cloned it the plant had many small buds. It did take a long time to revert to veg. but it's looking good, and I anticipate no problems. Keeping my fingers crossed. :cheesygrinsmiley: :thanks:

Awesome reuse of the garden shed, and full of nice goodies too. Very clean and neat. Can't wait to see the outdoor grow progress. How long do you plan to veg inside? 4 weeks or so?

:welcome: aboard OG13. Thanks for the kind words! :thanks: I had intended to place this shed outdoors but it would have taken too much work to level my yard so I thought, what the heck, I'll use it indoors where I'd have even better control over the environment.

This weekend I hope to transfer the outdoor grow to larger pots. I may try the "Smart pots". It will all come down to budget though. :dreamy: I'll update then.

Hmmmm... I'll veg the indoor girls for a total of six weeks (?). I'm kinda struggling with this right now. I have not grown these before and there is not a lot of grow info on them. So I'm kinda taking it day by day. I would like to keep them in veg as long as I can and let them develop to their full potential. :yummy: just not sure what that is yet! :)

Good, I agree w/ letting them veg as long as possible, especially if you have the room/not too many plants.

Good, I agree w/ letting them veg as long as possible, especially if you have the room/not too many plants.

Hey OG13! On my last grow I think I could've let them grow another 18"-24" before setting them to 12/12 as they ended up with another foot at least of usable headroom at harvest time. The room handles ten plants in 5 gal pots pretty well. I only have grown Indica dominant strains (and this is only my second grow) in the GR due to height limits but area seems to be ok. The max height it can handle is 5' from the floor. That leaves 2.5' from bottom of lights. One of these day's I hope to go with LED's and not have to worry so much about heat stress. One can only hope! :) :Namaste:

Update 6-18:

Today I transplanted all the outdoor grow to 15 ga pots. Couldn't afford the smart pots so went with the good old proven tech with poly.

I thought I would share with everyone my new soil mix. It has pics and all that! :thumb: So here it is:

001612.JPG
003622.JPG
004590.JPG
005553.JPG
006490.JPG
007490.JPG
008452.JPG
009417.JPG
010388.JPG
012289.JPG
013284.JPG
014261.JPG
015238.JPG

I transplanted the outdoor girls to 5 gal pots from 1 gal 2 weeks ago with the other mix (posted above on the first page). They took well to that soil so I'm hoping they really love this mix.

016210.JPG

Amounts to follow shortly. I have to find my notes. :oops:

Here's the pic after transplant was complete. Most importantly it show's where my wife and I (#1 Goddess of the Garden :)) will be enjoying our summer eves. :yahoo: :cheer:

022123.JPG

From L/R back row the three White Widow's front row three hog clones (from my last grow) far L/R are the "mystery" plants. Any guesses yet?

Found my notes on the soil mix. Thought I would share the details for anyone interested.

3ea 5 gal buckets full - Sunshine #4 Pro Grow Mix
8 qts - Ready Grow
3 qts - Worm Castings
60 ml - Garden lime (dolomite lime)
375 ml - Sunleaves Mexican Bat Guano 10-2-1
50 ml - Gen Hydro Subculture B
Perlite size 3-4 just enough to cover the bottom holes of the pot.

This is enough mix to fill 2ea, 15 gal pots when transplanting from 5 gal pots.

This mix drains well and should be pretty well balanced. I will test the run off ph and post when I do. The SS #4 mix includes dolomitic lime. I add the additional slow acting Garden lime to offset the peat in the ReadyGrow mix.

I think the girls are going to like it! :morenutes:

Nice soil mix. They are looking great in there new homes! There will be plenty of room for roots in those pots. Good job.

-Rek

Thanks Rek! I intended to put them in 20 gal pots but the budget wouldn't work, so settled for the 15gal. which is probably plenty anyway since they are kind of getting a late start, geez it's over halfway through June already!

I got a late start too. Mine went out side like 11 days ago. You can see them in my grow journal in my sig. I just posted pics last night. I'm sure you and I will be good though and get plenty of buds ;)

-Rek

I'll jump over there and check in a little later, looking forward to it. Got to get my ass moving and take care of the indoor Afgoo's. I agree don't think we'll be missing much from the late start either, if the weather and the grow god's cooperate. :)

verry nice set up very profesionnal!
clean:thumb:
cant wait to see this get going brother
great strains

Back
Top Bottom