MaggiesFarm - 1st Grow - Soil - Indoor/Outdoor - Nirvana Freebies - 2014

Can you try a normal setting, not auto, and see if the zoom works then? I use a standard setting and just zoom to take my closeups like that

The zoom works fine but it won't focus when I zoom way in. I'll try it in normal in the morning.

The zoom works fine but it won't focus when I zoom way in. I'll try it in normal in the morning.

The zoom can be a real pain in the ass sometimes. The camera likes to focus on random leaves around what you want it to focus on. Sometimes moving leaves out of the way, putting your hand in front of the lens, etc.. can reset the focus and get it to work. Other times I find that varying the distance between my camera and what I want to take a picture of, combined with varying the zoom will work also.

It always takes me a few tries to get it right since I'm using a cheapo camera.

I will do my best. The macro setting on my camera doesn't seem to work too well, but I might be doing something wrong. I can't get manual focus to work either. Damn, time to get out the directions!

Directions....who the hell uses directions....LOL.

Jus passin thru Maggie....

If you have a jewelers loupe you can get a better close up with that in font of the lens, takes a bit of playing around to get it to work

Closeup of my Fruit Spirit Pre-Flower with jewelers loupe using Galaxy S5
20140802_153348.jpg

Adventures in Picture Taking

Today I dug out the instructions for my Canon PowerShot SX150. I bought this camera a couple years ago for work, taking pictures of houses. I used the zoom a lot but never the macro setting, or at least never using it properly. I read what I needed to read, got the camera set correctly and still had fuzzy, blurry test pics. Ooops, dirty view screen and dirty lens. OK, took care of that and now what I was seeing on the screen was crystal clear. I went outside to get some close-ups of the girls(?) and now I'm getting fuzzy, blurry pics again...WTF? No matter what I tried the pics were not clear at all. Then I looked at the lens and it had fogged up due to the 70 degree indoor temp the camera has been in and the 85% RH outdoors today. I got the lens defogged and started taking some pics. I made a few minor adjustments and took a few more. Here's a couple shots of each plant. Is any hint of sex showing yet?

FTB-01
IMG_2640_zoom.png

IMG_2653_zoom.png

FTB-02
IMG_2634_zoom.png

IMG_2654_zoom.png

Pics a little better, eh? Weather sucks again today, no sun at all. I drove across town to Target to get some of that Dr Bronner's Peppermint Soap and they didn't have it. Found out that Walgreens right down the street from me has it. I'll run over there later or tomorrow and get it. The Mighty Wash is still hanging in there. They got a spray of BAR's fungus gnat spray early this morning.

That's all for now.

You have a female cannabis plant.

If you have a jewelers loupe you can get a better close up with that in font of the lens, takes a bit of playing around to get it to work

Closeup of my Fruit Spirit Pre-Flower with jewelers loupe using Galaxy S5
20140802_153348.jpg

I don't see any sign of sex showing yet, but good pics! Your plants are still vegging out, which is good, the longer the veg the larger the harvest in my experience. Give it a week or so and take pics of the same spots and maybe it'll show sex by then. :cheer:
Adventures in Picture Taking

Today I dug out the instructions for my Canon PowerShot SX150. I bought this camera a couple years ago for work, taking pictures of houses. I used the zoom a lot but never the macro setting, or at least never using it properly. I read what I needed to read, got the camera set correctly and still had fuzzy, blurry test pics. Ooops, dirty view screen and dirty lens. OK, took care of that and now what I was seeing on the screen was crystal clear. I went outside to get some close-ups of the girls(?) and now I'm getting fuzzy, blurry pics again...WTF? No matter what I tried the pics were not clear at all. Then I looked at the lens and it had fogged up due to the 70 degree indoor temp the camera has been in and the 85% RH outdoors today. I got the lens defogged and started taking some pics. I made a few minor adjustments and took a few more. Here's a couple shots of each plant. Is any hint of sex showing yet?

FTB-01
IMG_2640_zoom.png

IMG_2653_zoom.png

FTB-02
IMG_2634_zoom.png

IMG_2654_zoom.png

Pics a little better, eh? Weather sucks again today, no sun at all. I drove across town to Target to get some of that Dr Bronner's Peppermint Soap and they didn't have it. Found out that Walgreens right down the street from me has it. I'll run over there later or tomorrow and get it. The Mighty Wash is still hanging in there. They got a spray of BAR's fungus gnat spray early this morning.

That's all for now.

I don't see any sign of sex showing yet, but good pics! Your plants are still vegging out, which is good, the longer the veg the larger the harvest in my experience. Give it a week or so and take pics of the same spots and maybe it'll show sex by then. :cheer:

I didn't think I saw any signs either way. It's just a waiting game when you have no idea what you are growing LOL

Good looking grow, bud

Thanks Dusty. Too bad about your camera. I've lost several myself. One at a BBQ contest in Iowa and two were dropped off of roofs. I hope you can get it dried out.

Nothing is drying out here this morning. It has been raining since I woke up at 5am. I did go out to dump my rain collecting bucket and tilt the outdoor containers to help them drain. I didn't hear any complaints about the rain from the plants. The sky is getting a little lighter out now so maybe we'll get some sunshine this afternoon. The plants will go crazy if that happens.

Pics coming tomorrow, since I got home late from work and had to deal with the gnat problems in my seedling cabinet. I looked the girls(?) over for a little bit tonight and I think I was looking at 2 females. Maybe the pics tomorrow will confirm my feelings.

It was a beautiful day here today and the girls(?) loved every minute of it. The FoxFarms Ocean Forest soil has done a nice job keeping them fed without a lot of extras. I have been giving them CaMg+ when watering was necessary.

I do think it's time to start slipping them a little something extra the next time I water. FTB-01 is starting to declare she is a she, I think. Jury is still out on FTB-02, but again I think I'm seeing a lean to the feminine side. Let me know what you think from the close-ups.

FTB-01 didn't get a defol last weekend and she(?) getting bushy. I may go with a lite trim this weekend. I think the close-ups show more than what I got last time.
IMG_266512.JPG

IMG_266612.JPG
IMG_2676_zoom.png

IMG_2677_zoom.png

IMG_2679_zoom.png

FTB-02 is filling in a little but not as much as I'd like. When would be a good time to start lopping off the small stuff on the bottom? There was an interesting visitor during the shoot this afternoon. I think by the weekend the verdict will be in on this one.
IMG_266710.JPG

IMG_266811.JPG

IMG_2680_zoom.png

IMG_2681_zoom.png

IMG_2682_zoom.png

Well, do we have at least one female or still not enough evidence?

I was just informed of another small in-law invasion Thursday-Saturday. I should still be able to get more pics though.

[QUOTE

I was just informed of another small in-law invasion Thursday-Saturday. I should still be able to get more pics though.[/QUOTE]

What are they? Itinerant travellers? Don't they have a home of their own? :)

Had a good look and just can't tell male or female. Splendid photos of splendid plants however.

Have a happy day.:circle-of-love:

Hmm, still not sure myself, but they're looking good. At least no male parts are showing yet either though. Regarding the undergrowth removal, I'd do that right now myself. I'd not take it all, but all of the really low stuff and do it in 2-3 sessions. I still leave some, but I will definitely defol all of my indoor grows.

I was just informed of another small in-law invasion Thursday-Saturday. I should still be able to get more pics though.

What are they? Itinerant travellers? Don't they have a home of their own? :)

Had a good look and just can't tell male or female. Splendid photos of splendid plants however.

Have a happy day.:circle-of-love:

Their house smells like a giant cat box. I've been there once and refuse to go back. Sister-in-law is bringing MIL back from a 2 week visit and is going to stay for a couple of days. By herself she's OK. When her husband and son come too, it really sucks. The husband is the dumbest smart guy I know. We've got a nice cuckoo clock and he almost ruined it by trying to turn the hands backwards, all while I was 10 feet away from him yelling at him to leave it alone. The son stops up the upstairs toilet at least twice every visit and leaves it that way. I told him to start using the poolhouse bathroom if he needs to take a dump.

The better shots of possible sex turned out blurry so maybe I can get some clear pics today. Or maybe I am just seeing what I want to see.

Hmm, still not sure myself, but they're looking good. At least no male parts are showing yet either though. Regarding the undergrowth removal, I'd do that right now myself. I'd not take it all, but all of the really low stuff and do it in 2-3 sessions. I still leave some, but I will definitely defol all of my indoor grows.

Thanks Gov. I'll start working my way up each stem. Yes, I'm happy I haven't seen any male evidence. My raw pics from last night looked like some leaves had trichomes already. Is that possible 1) if a plant has not really flowered yet and 2) if it's male?

Voting with the group, I can't tell yet either. By the looks of it should be quite soon :party: I agree with you that a dose of some transition/flowering nutrients would be great for the girls :passitleft: Wonderfully healthy plants MF! Keeping the lower growth on the plant is preference to some, if you want a bit of an advantage I look at defoliating lower growth as a plus. A few reason are to avoid any infestations down low bugs love the lower growth of my plants, better air flower to avoid mildews, "more power to the top buds", no hassle on the small larfy nugs. But being due for showing sex I would leave the majority of the lower growth for now to avoid stress, but defoliating a bit here and there is acceptable. For example, we are about ~2weeks into flower with the OD and I have been picking off a couple lower clone sized shoots every other day since identifying females, and they don't seem to be slowing down. Just some food for thought, I am quite medicated ;) I see others around the forums applying the bigger defoliation to their girls around days 21 &45 (approx.). cheers MF best of luck with the inlaws :joint: these are for ya :joint:

Back
Top Bottom