MaggiesFarm - 1st Grow - Soil - Indoor/Outdoor - Nirvana Freebies - 2014

Hey MF'er (maggiesfarm-er, duh) get a #1 smart pot. They're cheap and considered comparable to the air pots in many ways. That would be a cool side-by-side too.

Good idea! I'm using 5 gal air pots so I'll go with a #5 smart pot.

Nice job on the lst and tying. She's going to be very bushy. :thumb:

She will if we ever get some sunshine. These overcast days aren't helping. We got more rain last night. Not a downpour, but enough to keep the soil wet. I think I should put down some sand this week.

Fighting against both Elements and Nature :ganjamon: still good jog love the sativa going bigger but naked after defol !

The girls(?) were looking thirsty yesterday plus they were starting to show what I take as a P deficiency. I watered with pH adjusted distilled water, 5ml CaMg+ and 5ml TigerBloom. This morning they were looking great. I should have taken pics then. By the time we got home from running errands we were in the midst of another downpour. It just stopped raining so I went out to check the plants. They look like drowned rats.

I'll get some pics tomorrow for the weekly update. They are recovering nicely from last weekend's defol.

Edit: I forgot to file a report from the Seedling Cabinet. The first Bubblelicious auto is rocking along. Just saw a new one sticking her head above ground and possibly a third one popping up.

OK here comes the weekly update...Week 11 in veg.

These are a couple of thirsty girls(?). More rain yesterday after a good feeding the day before and they were looking chipper this morning! Both recovered so nicely from last week's defol, they needed it again today. I was a little more aggressive, removing most lower fan leaves only leaving the top set under any new growth. FTB-01 is filling in the center a little better than FTB-02. They both got some LST adjustments again.

FTB-01, one week after defol and minutes before this mornings session.
CAM00190.jpg

CAM00191.jpg

FTB-02
CAM001921.jpg

CAM001933.jpg

FTB-01 after defol this morning
CAM001982.jpg

FTB-02 after defol
CAM002035.jpg

CAM002041.jpg

Also this morning, the girls(?) were joined by my first auto-fem Bubblicious. I transplanted her into a 5 gallon air pot with fresh FFOF mixed with vermiculite. She got watered in with some distilled water mixed with a little CalMg+.
CAM001953.jpg

CAM001963.jpg

CAM001972.jpg

And here's the new baby nursery.....cigars are on me!
CAM002071.jpg

As soon as I know for sure that these 3 girls are going to make it, I'll move all the Bubblelicious girls to their own journal.

unmistakable. that Bubblelicious looks exactly like mine did. Did you get it from Nirvana? Also, great looking grow so far! I am impressed!

unmistakable. that Bubblelicious looks exactly like mine did. Did you get it from Nirvana? Also, great looking grow so far! I am impressed!

Yes, these are Nirvana auto fem Bubblelicious. I got a 5 pack + 10 freebies. All 5 sprouted, but I dropped one of the first 2 Bubs I germinated and killed it.

Also, your Bubble is going to be a BUSH!

I'm going to grow these outside with a little LST. I think I'll top/FIM 2 of them and let the other 2 go au natural. I know the general rule is not to top autos, but I really don't like rules.

i love indicas, i love indicas,i love indicas.

But your sativa's too, my cfl setup was a bad one, but under the sun, ummmhhhhhh, i may be as impatient as you.

:thumb:

Tad, if I'd known then what I know now, I would have had these girls(?) out in the sun 2-3 weeks earlier. I wasted too much time with them indoors to start with.

I hope I'll be able to put together a decent indoor grow for the fall/winter. Right now I'm underpowered on lights and I don't have a good grow space. I'm afraid if I set up shop in one of the guest rooms we'll get an overload of houseguests over the holidays and I'd have to break it all down and move it. Right now the garage or poolhouse looks like my best bets and neither is ideal.

Poolhouse FTW. A small porty A/C unit with a small exhaust and a 1mx1m tent. Don't run DWC so you won't have to worry about root temps. Go hempy and you're golden.

How many plants do you need room for through the fall and winter?

I'd like to have enough room to veg 8 and flower 8 staggered so I can harvest a couple plants a month.

Poolhouse FTW. A small porty A/C unit with a small exhaust and a 1mx1m tent. Don't run DWC so you won't have to worry about root temps. Go hempy and you're golden.

Half the poolhouse is full of pool chemicals and equipment. The other half is the bathroom/changing room which is not used Oct-April. There is a window for fresh air and exhaust. It's a little small and I'm not sure a 3'x3' tent would fit. I might be able to get a 2'x4' and a 2'x3' in there. Hempy sounds like an interesting option!

Back
Top Bottom