MaggiesFarm - 1st Grow - Soil - Indoor/Outdoor - Nirvana Freebies - 2014

Hey MaggiesFarm,

Them there marijuana plants are looking just fine. I am with the group..... too soon to tell.

Keep it up and I look forward to seeing some pretty flowers.

Maui

Thanks for the opinions everyone! The girls are looking thirsty so I will probably feed them this afternoon.

FYI, the bug on FTB-02 above is a candy-striped leafhopper and is not something you want to see hanging around. They will chew up leaves and leave waste material that attracts other insects.

Edit: Just fed them each almost a 1/2 gal 6.5pH rain water mixed with 5ml GrowBig, 5ml BigBloom and 5ml CaMg+

yes agree, a bit soon to say,

Sativa are the longest plant to flower, on a precedent grow i had to wait at least 3 weeks before seeing the first white hair.

and 4 more weeks before they turn hermies :) but no it won't happen to you.

STILL very healthy and beautiful

/love mate

Their house smells like a giant cat box. I've been there once and refuse to go back. Sister-in-law is bringing MIL back from a 2 week visit and is going to stay for a couple of days. By herself she's OK. When her husband and son come too, it really sucks. The husband is the dumbest smart guy I know. We've got a nice cuckoo clock and he almost ruined it by trying to turn the hands backwards, all while I was 10 feet away from him yelling at him to leave it alone. The son stops up the upstairs toilet at least twice every visit and leaves it that way. I told him to start using the poolhouse bathroom if he needs to take a dump.

Ahh man nothing like a good laugh first thing in the morning. Great looking plants though! Can you get any closer pics of the nodes in question? I'd like to see some females start popping up here.

What a terrible weekend! When I wasn't working, it was pouring down rain and I couldn't spend any time with the plants. No defol done on FTB-01 like I had planned. All of my wishful thinking is failing since neither one is showing sex yet. They are getting bigger though and may outgrow their spots on the deck. I've got a good spot for them if needed, but I'll have to clear out the underbrush.

I'm not sure about getting any pics this afternoon since we are expecting more rain.

The highlight of the weekend was spotting a new insect around the yard, an Eastern Velvet Ant or Cow Killer. It looks like a giant fuzzy ant, but it's a female wingless wasp that can sting the heck out of you. I thought I got a pic of it, but my SD card was out of space. It's a cool looking bug, but I sure don't want my dogs sniffing around one of these.

I'll always research a new bug to see if is good or bad before I relocate it or kill it. Even though this one kills bad bugs I couldn't take the risk of it stinging my sheltie. She already gets more than enough fire ant bites in a year. I guess I could have saved it for the next in-law invasion.

The highlight of the weekend was spotting a new insect around the yard, an Eastern Velvet Ant or Cow Killer. It looks like a giant fuzzy ant, but it's a female wingless wasp that can sting the heck out of you. I thought I got a pic of it, but my SD card was out of space. It's a cool looking bug, but I sure don't want my dogs sniffing around one of these. Thanks to whatsthatbug.com for the pic.

just a heads up, off topic pictures will be removed so if you want to keep that picture up and posted you will need to make a off topic thread. ive been in trouble for this is the only reason i know. they will get you taken care of though best mods on the web.

I do not see any signs of sex in your photographs of your plants yet. It is too soon to sex your cannabis plants.

the best thing i have found for sexing is to take a clone, get it root and established in a small cup and place in your grow room, check on it daily after about 5-7 days and start looking for its sign. my journal i did this just recently and kingjohnc clarified for me that it was a male unknown plant.

I&i

Things are looking good MaggiesFarm. I hate to hear about the "other family" trials and tribulations. I hope you have a plan to keep them away around harvest time. Plants all looking very healthy. Great Job!

It's been too long since the last real update on the girls(?). No defol done on either in a long time. They both keep getting bigger forcing me to keep bending them. My daughter stopped by yesterday with a friend who has been growing for years. He was impressed with the LST. He looked at FTB-01 and pronounced it a female. Judge for yourself.

These girls(?) have been in veg for 13 weeks. It's been hot so I've moved them into a position where they don't get as much late afternoon sun.

FTB-01, showing anything yet?
IMG_2730_zoom.jpg

IMG_2731_zoom.png

IMG_2732_zoom.png

IMG_2733_zoom.png

FTB-02, I don't see any hints either way.
IMG_2734_zoom.jpg

IMG_2735_zoom.png

IMG_2736_zoom.jpg

They have been drinking about a gallon of water every day if it doesn't rain. Both looked a little heat stressed this morning but a cool drink of water snapped them back in shape.

Thanks for checking in and I promise we will not go this long between updates again.

Back
Top Bottom