Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

The more stuff you can get in the oil the better! It's hard to work with small amounts of oil and large amounts of material though unless you grind it. When I use a grinder I coat all the inside parts with my oil. That way when I'm done grinding I can run my finger along everything and get all the trichomes that stick. Then I just scrape it off back into the oil I'm using for the infusion.

I got this in the oven today. It is over 10g of Zamaldelica bud and 6 grams of PCK x KaliChina cured buds. Another aprx 12g of trim. it is in grapeseed oil. I decarbed in a turkey bag for 70 min. Next big hurdle is to mix it with the CBD salve that I have from before from a local crafter.

I have been under the weather so I just took a quick snap between naps.

Here is my final oil in a 16 oz container. It is good absorbs well. Feels like a massage oil really. I likes, wife likes, win win. I am very happy with it. I also Have the remains of the flower with about 20 grams of trim in the jar doing a long term soak. Which reminds, I must give it a good shake now.

Glad it all worked out for you, keltic. It's always a good feeling making our own meds, isn't it?

The more stuff you can get in the oil the better! It's hard to work with small amounts of oil and large amounts of material though unless you grind it. When I use a grinder I coat all the inside parts with my oil. That way when I'm done grinding I can run my finger along everything and get all the trichomes that stick. Then I just scrape it off back into the oil I'm using for the infusion.
I just lick my finger at this point. Got to get something out of it as I put in all the work.

My wife liked the thc 10 times better for her back pain. the Zammy has the most thc of anything I have so on it went.

That’s because thc targets pain while cbd targets inflammation. THC is also good to use for sleep meds as long as it’s indica.

Subbed... Great thread. I now need to read it and learn...

re: Magnus8's Canna Cream - Body Butter - & Canna Lotion Study Hall

I prefer African Raw - Unrefined. African because that is where the palm tree nut grows. Raw and unrefined because the less processed an oil or other product is, the more of its natural goodness that is retained. Of course, this doesn't hold true in the case of Coconut oil vs. Fractionated Coconut oil, since thhe fractionated version is clearly more "refined" than the raw version, but we couldn't produce fractionated coconut oil without that man made process interferring into the oil. The fractionating process clearly produces another kind of oil than raw coconut oil, one with its own inherent set of properties and characteristics.

The raw form of shea butter has its own characteristic scent that soem may not prefer. It is very earthy and nutty and almost smokey. I don't mind it. I quite like it actually. I've got a bag of it sitting in a box beside my desk and can smell it right now, infact. Quite a beautiful, potent scent, if you will.

High magnus hope u an every1 else are having a great day so far. Well i had a question about making some lotions or body butters or whatever they are called lol. I was wondering one can i use my magic butter machine and sweet almond oil to make my infusion? Also i have some organic non gmo hemp oil can i use that for anything like creams lotions or body butters? Im trying to make something that i can rub on my back to help with pain and the pins and needles feeling i got on my back.

Almond oil is in the middle of the absorbable pack so it should be fine.

Keep in mind that any stiffeners or thickeners you add will make it less absorbable. They cause the product to sit more on the surface of the skin.

The next consideration is the strength, and I suggest making it as close to 15mg/ml THC as possible. That's where I find the best pain relief. The more times you run it through the MB2 the better, with a cool down period in between. I run mine for 8 hours at 160º, let it cool overnight, and run it the same again. No need for liquid sunflower lecithin in topicals. [see discussion below]

:goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom