Magnus8's Canna Cream, Body Butter & Canna Lotion Study Hall

I just made a batch with Zamaldelica buds. Mostly grapeseed oil, going with half punkin next time, change it up a bit.

Wen u say ur guna mix it up a bit do u jus mean doing an oil run with a different oil? Or that ur guna mix the grapeseed and pumpkin oil in one batch? Would that work using different oils at once like that an maybe be more potent? Or can u not do 2 different oils at once like that?

My topical oils are 50/50 grapeseed and pumpkin seed oil. I used to also include fractionated coconut oil but I found the resulting blend didn't absorb as well...too greasy.

Don't use olive oil for topicals though...it doesn't absorb into your skin and makes a mess. Try it sometime and you'll see!

Ok kool thanx for the help/info man much appreciated.

Yea so i had some infused cco that has been sitting in a jar for over a month. I dnt remember exact dates but its been done for awhile now lol. Well i used that in with abunch of trim and larfy buds from various plants. I like mixxing abunch of different strains when i go to make concentrate. But i didnt hVe all the materials needed for that so i decided to run it threw my mb2 with the older cco i had in the jar. I did a 4 hour run on 160°f then let sit the rest of the day yesterday and over nite till this morning an did another run at 160°f but this time only 2 hours. Then ill take it out an see how good it became with this new mix of all those different strains lol. It was crazy at the end was a ton of kiefy powder it was like a pile of dust on the top i even took alil off n put it on a bowl an holy jesus it was fruity and really sour lol but a gud sour. Idk exactly what it was but it was amazing so im hoping this oil really puts me down lol.

Shed mentioned the use of lecithin in topicals. I was wondering what lecithin does to the consistency and 'feel' of the finished product? I am using 100% grapeseed oil.

Shed mentioned the use of lecithin in topicals. I was wondering what lecithin does to the consistency and 'feel' of the finished product? I am using 100% grapeseed oil.
I've never used LSL for topicals before, so you can be the first! Make half with and half without and report back on the difference :). Then if you find the LSL half hunky dory you can heat up the other half and blend in the LSL.

For science!

I've never used LSL for topicals before, so you can be the first! Make half with and half without and report back on the difference :). Then if you find the LSL half hunky dory you can heat up the other half and blend in the LSL.

For science!
Sorry..LSL.Lol.
I'll do 1/3 since I did about 3 cups.

Yes, for science!!!

The original data seems to be behind a paywall below, the abstract is here:

Here is the article:

Thanks for finding this. I hate information paywalls.

There is some pretty interesting information in this study. The gist of it being that beta-caryophyllene (BCP) seems to bind to the CB2 receptors. (THC binds to the CB1 receptors.) So it's very possible that using varieties that have a profile with BCP in it could be beneficial.

It also mentions that BCP is contained in large amounts in the essential oils of oregano, cinnamon, cloves, thyme, rosemary and black pepper. So I guess those could be added to the toolbox for some possible added pain relief benefits.

Hello all! Hope this finds everyone well and healthy and enjoying the pain relief offered by using cannabis infused in oils.

All is well enough in my life. I split with my wife last december and she finally moved out in April.

I had a particularly difficult summer when all three of my dogs died within 3 months of each other and the wide-body moved out amidst all the grief. My summer days were terribly dark this year. I still cry almost daily over one of these dead dogs that I was particularly close to. Summer was hard.

I'm back working on developing and producing handcrafted Soaps and lotions and body butters and sugar scrubs and whatever else have you. I'm opening my business in the midst of a huge economic recession/depression and I'm really feeling it in sales. But this time I opened an Etsy.com shop, too, and am in the midst of setting myself up to sell on Amazon Handmade and Facebook, too. I'm pretty stoked.

I'm trying to move to Rocky Mountain House. It all depends upon the outcome of a battle over my fathers estate. If I get the money I believe is owed to me then I will be able to buy this stunning trailer/home on it's own plot of land with a huge backyard for Greta, my new black lab. The home is really beautiful, despite being a trailer and addition. I will even be able to turn one room into my showroom of all my products. Then I was also going to do airbnb using the master bedroom as the room to rent out. With money coming in from my Airbnb clients (who might also be purchasing products from my showroom, and doing the farmers market every Saturday morning and the Market on Main which happens every Thursday evening during the summer -- with all this happening, I think I will be okay financially. Taking on a mortgage, even when it is rent-to-own is s huge undertaking when you have as little money as I have.

But I feel confident that everything will turn out okay.

I am about to begin getting back to my writing, too. The sequel to Finding Max is Loving Max and it is already half written. I'm going to go back into writing this book.

I will have to self publish this book, however, if I want it to see the light of day. My publisher let me out of my contract after finally admitting that they were not equipped to publish a book by s foreign author (my publisher is an American company while I, being Canadian, am s foreigner to them). And no publisher would consider publishing the second and third books in a trilogy they hadn't been first to publish unless the first book in the series was a runaway success -- which Finding Max was not.

So I think I will self publish it.

And with that said, that's all my personal news, really.

As for my ongoing battle with the pain in my back... well, unfortunately, it's still there. The doctors tried my on this new wonder drug, Suboxin, but thrme side effects were unbearable for me and so we had to find an alternative medication. So now I'm on an opiate called Hydromorph Contin. It works pretty well. Apparently it is the second strongest opiate after Fentanyl, which is what they changed me from. With the combination of the Baclofen, the Hydromorph Contin and the rather weak weed I seem to grow, my pain is being managed as best as it can be I'd imagine. Unfortunately, though, my weed is way too weak to make a potent enough infusion of weed and oils to really help my back. So I havent even tried making any infusions for over a year. I havent even tried making RSO at all. I used to find that the RSO in a capsule taken as a suppository used to help me greatly. But, alas, that is not in the cards right now. I tell you, if that inheritance ever comes in then I'm buying myself one of those butter machines and some good weed to test it out with.

For any of you interested in handmade soaps and lotions, check out my Etsy shop. My shop's name is SaepeSoaps and is easy to find. Some of my pics arent the greatest; I have to do better photography, but I am slowly replacing the shitty shots with better stuff. All the products are handmade and the lotions are all designed from scratch. Nothing in my shop is produced from a prepackaged base or anything like that. And the Soaps are all cold process, not that melt and pour shit that some people pass off as handcrafted.

Anyway, I seem to have rambled on enough here. Just wanted to check in and tell you all what's up and where my life seems to be headed. I would be very grateful to hear how all of you have been doing. And you must forgive me my long absences from this site as sometimes life just takes us into alternative paths than we had expected.

With that said, I'll sign off. My absolute best to all of you. Keep up the good work.

Much love,
Magnus.

I wanted to upload a video of me and my new love of my life having lunch together at the kitchen table but I cannot find a way to upload any videos onto this site. Bummer, and a real overbite on the admin's part, in my opinion. But that's just my opinion.

Hello all! Hope this finds everyone well and healthy and enjoying the pain relief offered by using cannabis infused in oils.
So nice to hear from you again Magnus! I'm so sorry to hear about your dogs and the continuing problem with your back. I hope the inheritance comes through for you and the soap and oil biz takes off :goodluck: . The soaps look really cool!

If you want to post a video, it has to go to Youtube first, and then you can drop a link here on the site.

So nice to hear from you, @Magnus8 . Sorry to hear of the tough summer you had and your continuing back pain. Why do you think your cannabis is too weak for your back pain? What strain are you using and what are the THC and CBD ratios? I find that Hash Plant works very well for my pain cream and nighttime pain relief.

:hug::love::hug:

So nice to hear from you, @Magnus8 . Sorry to hear of the tough summer you had and your continuing back pain. Why do you think your cannabis is too weak for your back pain? What strain are you using and what are the THC and CBD ratios? I find that Hash Plant works very well for my pain cream and nighttime pain relief.

:hug::love::hug:
Hi Hasgirl! Hi InTheShed!

The strain of cannabis is not the problem here. The problem, for two summers in a row, is that I've grown outside but the growing season has been cut so short both years that my plants were never able to fully flower. You dont get much magic when your plants have been in flower only 2 or three weeks before the early frost hits! When I tried to grow inside this year, however, I had no -- zero -- nutes to give them. So no nutrients grows a rather weak and lackluster weed. But I'm going to have to continue growing without nutrients for a long time, I fear, because I just cannot afford them. The harvest I did get from these undernourished plants was stronger than what I grew the two summers before, but still not on par with what I could purchase if I had the cash. I may still try to make some cannabutter from what I've got. There's a cheesecake recipe I've got my eye on, as well as a flourless chocolate cake I'm thinking of making for my upcoming birthday. Either would do well as edibles. Also, with my ex visiting me from Ontario this month it's one way to ensure I get to eat the whole cake by myself. You see, she doesn't like getting stoned -- silly thing that she is.

Anyway, I'm in the middle of making liquid soap and it is time for the next phase in production so I must run.

Hope everyone is well.

Magnus.

So nice to hear from you again Magnus! I'm so sorry to hear about your dogs and the continuing problem with your back. I hope the inheritance comes through for you and the soap and oil biz takes off :goodluck: . The soaps look really cool!

If you want to post a video, it has to go to Youtube first, and then you can drop a link here on the site.

What Shed said...... :thumb:
a flourless chocolate cake I'm thinking of making for my upcoming birthday.

you had me at chocolate, sounds wonderful.

I cannot thank you enough for your insight on making infusions, a great help to be sure. You gave me proper motivation and a road map to follow.
:thanks:

What Shed said...... :thumb:

you had me at chocolate, sounds wonderful.

I cannot thank you enough for your insight on making infusions, a great help to be sure. You gave me proper motivation and a road map to follow.
:thanks:
That's very kind of you to say so, KelticBlue. I appreciate it very much.

Back
Top Bottom