Making hash out of stems

. If there is a method that produces a decent amount of "real" hash from stems within a decent amount of time then I would love to know about it as I've thrown my stems away for years and would hate to think I've been shorting myself meds.

I always save my stems, then get some 95% grain alch. (everclear) and grind up the stems (usually about a 1/4 - 1/2 ounce) really fine and soak them in about a half a glass of alch. for 24 hours (sometimes longer) then get a coffee filter to separate the solids form the green liquid. I then boil off the alch. in a mason jar in a pot of simmering water on an electric stove until it becomes a thick oil at the bottom of the jar i then add a small bit of kief and keep heating until im left with a thick black-green tar. and it has always turned out to be quite potent meds...... may not be "real" hash, just what i do

Racefan, this is true if all you want is to get high, medicinally though CBD's are found in the leaves and stems. CBD's help us oldsters stand the little aches and pains of living this long!=D

I have not tried to make hash from stems, but I have used them to make a type of Chi Tea. Since that tea is made with milk, the oil in the milk could absorb some of the thc . It turned out to have a bit of a kick like eating a brownie. I like chewing my stems and I would like to know more about CBD's and other components of Cannabis.

yes you can make HASH outve stems simply grind up the stems put them into a jar of some sort pour 91% rubbing alcohol into the jar until the liquid is the same height as the stems continue to shake for 10-15 minutes after that the mixture should be greenish brown depending on the stems age. from there you pour that stems/liquor mixture through a coffee filter i preffer to use 2 so it doesnt rip i let the mixture drip through the filters onto a pyrex dish after you let it all drip into the dish get a bigger pan and pour very hot water into and then let the hash mixture dish sit in the other pan without water touching the hash dish i like to put a fan in front of that mixture so it evaporates faster but after all the liquid in the hash dish there should be brown sticky resin at the bottom of the pyrex dish continue to scrap that with a razor and there you go you got some full melt bubble hash folks ( make sure you let the mixture evaporate fully dont get to eager and try to scrap before its done i usually wait a full 12 hours before i scrape) for any questions let me know i lived in santa cruz califrnia for many years and can grow make hash just about anything weed related also i have my medical card

i cook roots in oil and water mix, strain, freeze to separate the oil thicken to a paste with beeswax makes a great rub for the above mentioned aches and pains. I see no reason why it would not work with stems and leaves.

Ever seen a honey-bee extractor? Mine looks just like that but a little bigger. I got stainless steel pipe from my father when he worked for PG&E at the geysers in Lake county and a couple of stainless end caps. Yes you get a little bit of thc from stems but I don't use them for it. I don't use stems for anything as IMO they are really useless. I toss my stems outside in the manzanita bushes. Sort of my gift back to nature I guess.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I made an account just to say this.

You are the coolest person ever; please teach me your secrets?!
Hah kidding.
Please, don't be a forum snob.
You know this much about that, you made this, I'm a veteran, blah blah blah.
Nobody cares and nobody wants to hear it and behaving like that just makes you look bad.

On that note, my buddy's eighty-something OG tokin' grandpa recommended to save stemmies and QWISO them or make a tincture with them. I think I'll take his word before I listen to some middle-aged board troll any day.

So yeah go Nascar or whatever, and yes you can make extract out of stems and you can call it whatever you want to. It works best out of a vape pen, one of the dry material/resin jobs.

Until later,
Benny Hill.
:Namaste:

I just needed to chime in here as I troll the hash forums. Stems: are they viable source of trichome heads? possibly yes, but you need a metric fuck-ton of them to produce anything worth noting. Some people here have brought up that you could make bubble hash with them or bho but I disagree, you could rip your bags and the bho thing just wouldn't work the greatest in my opinion you'd waste far too much tane and time trying to get any type of profitable return on the work. BUT: YES: I have a theory. I have been really into the drysifting, watching alot of hash videos on youtube and reading tons in hash books and on forums/interwebs. I save my stems in a very large bin, they go into the bin gently after i trim over my large poster sized dry sift screens. Do everything over these screens and you can actually acumulate tons of dry sift just by trimming and de-stemming your plants over these screens. Now you can probably guess that after you have a rubber maid tub full of freshly bone dry stems from probably many harvests you can gently pick them up and bounce them on the sifting screens - all the trichomes fall off the stems with soft vibrations and just naturally letting them fall and bounce on the screens. The return won't be anywhere as close to a normal plant run but thats why you wait until you have 2 huge bins full before you do this. You will get a good return but I have to admit the hash has a bit of a dry and woody taste from being dried and stuck on the stems for so long. Don't get me wrong it gets you insanely ripped, you can even clean the sift to a higher purity of gland heads with the carding method afterwards. I've even seen people use this type of dry-sift to "cut" their other sifts to give weight to a certain batch and to lose the woody taste of the hash associated with the hash that came off the perhaps months or years old stocks.

Just throwing this out there, its what I've seen and done myself over the years. Most people just throw them out and thats totally fine. Your not missing much until you've accumulated quite a few pounds of stalks. If you're growing marijuana you have plenty enough medicine that you don't need to do this and wouldn't really be losing out if you don't.

For what it's worth: I just processed 7 grams of shitty stems, from even more shitty weed. It yielded 0.2 grams of excellent shatter.

I used QWISO on them.

I didnt bother to make 'em as small as possible, which would probably be better, but I was curious as to how much I would get from the trichromes on them, and for 7 grams of stems, 0.2 grams of shatter is quite a lot of hits.

I've spent time making qwiso before and loved the results. I have an idea of what bho is, and wax too, but is there a difference between shatter and qwiso? Just wondering cause I hear shatter a lot nowadays. I do qwiso because I don't have money for screens or tubes or fancy equipment. Is there a method just as cheap as qwiso but with better results?

I've spent time making qwiso before and loved the results. I have an idea of what bho is, and wax too, but is there a difference between shatter and qwiso? Just wondering cause I hear shatter a lot nowadays. I do qwiso because I don't have money for screens or tubes or fancy equipment. Is there a method just as cheap as qwiso but with better results?

Shatter is a texture and Qwiso is a method.

The difference in qwiso and tane is the fact that alcohol will take the water solubles, while tane wont. That's the reason for freezing the alcohol and the material; you are trying to keepthe water solubles in ice-form, and out of the end-product.

Wax, and oil is what you get from a normal alcohol extraction .. whip the oil and it'll be wax. Oil is relative .. at room temperature, it's solid, but bends. There are more plant waxes and resins in this stuff.

Shatter is what you get from tane or properly executed qwiso extracts (or non-polar solvents); there are no water solubles in the end-product. It's hard at room temperature, and shatters when you try to bend it, hence it's name. No other waxes, resins, etc. in the product.

Key here is the polarity of the solvent being used, where non-polar solvents produce cleaner product, as they wont disolve the water solubles.

If my memory serves me well ... :p

Thank you. I've been trying to figure this out for awhile now. I guess I'll stick with qwiso since the price is right and safety is a big factor. I just use it as bowl toppers anyways, so it doesn't need to be perfect. Just glad I got the clarification finally

If any one could help me im trying to make hash from stems i have about 7 grams of stems and i would like to know how to make hash with 91% iso . if possible a step by step?

Easy ..

- Put the stems in the freezer for 24h.
- Create a bunch of ice-cubes or buy them.
- Load the frozen stems in a measuring cup or something like that ... leave room for the same amount of ice (by volume)
- Add ice
- Add cold water. If you live in a warm environment, chill it in the fridge beforehand. Leave room to stir.
- Use a kitchenmixer with the attachment used to whip cream, or a hand whipper, and stir for 10 minutes or so
- Strain through pasta strainer into jar
- Put jar in fridge and let the trichomes settle for a few hours. They will sink to the bottom.
- Siphon of excess water till about an inch from the settled trichomes.
- Add cold water and let settle again, this time it will go faster.
- Repeat till the water has lost most of it's green tint.
- Siphon of water till about an inch again, then pour remains in a deep dish or something like that, that allows you to soak up the remaining water with paper towels till most excess moisture is gone.
- Spread the sandy stuff evenly and let dry, beware of mold. You can quickdry in an oven at a low temperature, but patience yields better hash.
- Press the dried stuff and smoke it.

Search for 'blender hash', but never use a blender unless you like a lot of plant matter in your hash.

The stems you strained out, can be processed again using this method for some more yield, tho not much. You could also process them a second time with alcohol (cleaning alcohol @ 95% will do (Isopropanol) but bacardi 151 will do too. Just cover the stems in alcohol, shake a while (20 seconds or so) and evaporate off the alcohol in a boiling water bath under a fume hood or outside. Make sure it is proper ventilated.

After evaporating off the alcohol, scrape out the resin that is left behind and you have some more deliciousness ;)

Back
Top Bottom