Making hash out of stems

Hi all,

Ssup Lads and Ladies,

This is my first post here, I saw something on youtube the other day that is related to this topic and wanted to pass the knowledge along to our fellow tokers. I agree with both parties when I say yes, you can salvage something from stems. Yes it is labor intensive, but when you got nothing but old dried stems, it's nice to get something out of it. I agree with most that solvent extraction would be a major pain (please do so with proper ventilation as alchohol fumes can linger around the house!!!) I just saw a video on youtube with a guy putting all his stems into an aluminum can with a screen over it. He put a lid on top of the screen and shook the living S*** out of it for like 10 minutes and got a bunch of kief out of it. For those who do not own a kief box, this would probably be the quickest and easiest option to make the best of what's left of your ol girl. I've been dying to try the butane method but haven't had enough material to so, I'll probably use this method next time when I get enough twigs.

Peace:yummy:

Ever seen a honey-bee extractor? Mine looks just like that but a little bigger. I got stainless steel pipe from my father when he worked for PG&E at the geysers in Lake county and a couple of stainless end caps. Yes you get a little bit of thc from stems but I don't use them for it. I don't use stems for anything as IMO they are really useless. I toss my stems outside in the manzanita bushes. Sort of my gift back to nature I guess.:cheesygrinsmiley:

try saving up your stems for a year or so and make some oil with them using butaine. me and my friends did this, and it made pretty good oil that got us ripped. When your low on cash and cant afford lots of weed at the time, you can just put ur stems you saved over the years through some butaine and you got some smoke for a while.

i'v scraped them with a butter knife or stiff plastic card

and gathered the dust "one man gathers what another man spills"

have been rubbing trim leaf over a screen and rolling the crunchy stufff and getting two or three "hash tasty " bowls out of the powder it gets me by.....

i have done it... you grind your stems w/ a coffee grinder get them into like powder.... set the powder in a mason jar and cover it w/ 91+% rubbing alcohol/... seal tight set in a dark spot for a week or more... drain the alcohol out onto a flat glass surface i.e. mirror or old window or sumthin... let the liquid dry and scrape the resin left behind ... ball up and smoke... it isnt the greatest hash... but it turns nothing (the stems) into something... give it a try..

you can do that or you can make pollen first then use butane or 99%

You can make quality dark oil using 91% or higher rubbing alcohol.
1. get a glass jar with a water tight seal and cut/break your stems and fill the jar with as many pieces as you can.
2. fill the jar just over the top of the stems with 91% or higher alcohol.
3. shake and let sit for 1 hour and shake agian. let sit for 2 hours.
4. strain with a sock or pantyhose into a glass or ceramic bowl or baking dish.
place in direct sun OUTSIDE, SAFELY AWAY FROM PEOPLE AND ANIMALS
5. wait until all the alcohol has evaporated, you will be let with a rich, deep black oil.
6. take a second baking dish that the one with the oil can fit in and put 1-2" of hot water in it.
7. place oil dish in hot water and replace in sun for 1-2 hours.
8. take oil dish and let sit in a dark cabinet for overnight.
9. now your rich, deep black oil is redy to smoke.
10. to remove all oil from dish, place in freezer until cold and scrape with small flat screwdriver.
"

I've made butter from a recipe off a diff. site and it was awful. It tasted like field grass,literally. :)
The brownies and cookies made with it were no better.

have done stem mining my self at times

was really suprised at quality of recovered matieral when i took a big bag of stems and left it in the freezer with
the blender overnight night and put small bunches throught the frozen blender and screened it and put it all back in freezer between runs

was inspired by ice hash directions

the dust that grew in the blender sides tasted pretty good
if i separated it out

have done stem mining my self at times

was really suprised at quality of recovered matieral when i took a big bag of stems and left it in the freezer with
the blender overnight night and put small bunches throught the frozen blender and screened it and put it all back in freezer between runs

was inspired by ice hash directions

the dust that grew in the blender sides tasted pretty good
if i separated it out
But that is chopped up stems and in no way hash. Hash is a collection of trichomes only. Not chopped up plant material.
Every time I tried to smoke stems I got a headache. I don't see how chopping or grinding it to dust will change it's effect when it's the same material just in a different form.

Any method of making HASH will take a substantial ammount of material. HASH is tric's that have been gathered in some way. I have learned how to make hash with a bucket and top, 3 different screens, a funnel, a masonry cement mixer, and a power drill. OH and a ton of clippings and stems. Some say to put some of the schwag into it to help a lil but schwag is not that great so how would it help. PS When making HASH the colder the temp the better..... Its a winter thing. Or a thing with lots of ice.

Maybe, but NOT!! Having a digital Volcano, no this is a no vote trying this. Save up and do it right. No, making hash from Stems.. NOT.... unless one has a ton literally of stems, and can grind them up. CBD's or not.
My recipe for Black Bubble Hash: Simple: 1 lb Bud Trimmings = app 75-100 grams of packed dried cured black gooey hash. Bubbleator and 3 bags, 4 washes, takes 3 hours total time. Water temp 34 Degrees.

take your stems and put them in kif box, shake it around for a few minutes and slide out the bottom. You'll be surprised at what you find.

thats what i do........works good..............PEACE

I do that with bud stem in a large mint tin once a month,Happie. I use my finger to wipe up the trics. The small ball of kief goes into another tin for storage. I'll have an nice lil' bit of hash after 3-4 months. I've been doing it since the 70's when a friend showed me the trick.

How much you get depends on how much weed you smoke.

BTW,don't throw away the baggies your bud comes in without doing that finger wipe trick to get the fine kief/trichs clinging to the bag.

Yeah,I've got problems when it comes to hash and being a cheap bassard.

how wise would it be to practice making hash from your stems/shake? i am yet to invest alot into hash b/c im still worried about wasting money...and bud of course:) i think thAt sounds like a good idea but will it be similair at all?

BTW what is the finger wipe trick? i just lick my fingers when theyre covered in kief

how wise would it be to practice making hash from your stems/shake? i am yet to invest alot into hash b/c im still worried about wasting money...and bud of course:) i think thAt sounds like a good idea but will it be similair at all?

BTW what is the finger wipe trick? i just lick my fingers when theyre covered in kief

The most simplest way i make hash is to take about a pound of dried trim and loose bottom buds,these i grid up,place it in the freezer for a day.Place a few sheets of news papper on the table on to of this i put a wooden silk screen,the tyep used to make tee shirts.now i take a and full of the trim/bud mix and gently rub it over the screen.I do this till the pound is done.I then lift the screen and scrap the the tri cromes in to a nice golden pile of keif.I then repeat this again pressing harder and rubbing longer to get a second pile of keif this will be a litte more greener in color.This will be less potant then the first rubbing but still goodApplying heat and pressure will bind the tri cromes into hash.i do this by putting them into a manila envolpe and put in to a vice.i then apply heat from a hot air gun onece or twice a day for three days till it binds into hash.All you realy need is the silk screen at 120 microns or 220 for really fine quality hash making.the screen will cost about254 dollars.
Now the finger method comes from triming or braking buds up by hand.Your finer's wolud become coverd with tri cromes till thay get black.By rubbing your fingers together you will get little balls of black hash.In jamaica this summer i stayed in nigril and a local sold me 40 grams of finger hash for 60$dollars

Back
Top Bottom