Mandala of Nirvana

tricome

Ok, I got some Northern Lights from Nirvana and Kalichakra from Mandala a while back, and I think I'm ready to grow them. I planted 3 of each today. I hope to get two females each. My flower room can only handle 4 plants max. I have had more in there, but it makes it very unmanageable, and it's only a 250w light. During this grow I hope to improve and fine tune feeding and cloning. I really need to bring up my cloning game. So far, I'm not really successful, and I want to get a good mother of each strain. I'll be asking more questions this time around, 'cause i really want to get it right for these named strains. All advice, encouragement, and constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. :grinjoint:

It's hard to see, but I have two each in peat pellets and one each in rockwool.
100_0318.JPG

Welcome, setting sun!
I've been lurking around your grow. Nice work!
+ reps for finding the great mini greenhouses.

Thanks!

Couple of questions on the rockwool cubes and the jiffy pellets.

Do you treat the cubes with anything to adjust their PH or just use water?

Have you had any trouble germinating or having seedlings die off with the Jiffy pellets? I've seen people do fine with them and others have problems.

regards,

SS

Well, all of the NL and bagseeds sprang up. But, only one of the Kalichakra showed its face so far. I've transplanted the 7 that came up and fed them 1/4 strength. I put one of the NL in the Water Farm. Also, I'm trying organic on one of the bagseeds. The rest are in my usual soilless mix.
2 NL left side, K green pot, organic front black pot
100_0327.JPG

100_0329.JPG

One of the other Kalichakra looks like it was upside down and is working its way up.
100_0328.JPG

I hope they're girls!;)

Oh yea, the details. i'll be using GH Maxigrow for veg. Except for the organic plant, which is in FFOF with added perlite and will get just water for veg. For bloom i will be using my usual Maxibloom/Tiger bloom/Koolbloom mix and trying BC bloom nutes. Also for the Water Farm I'll be using GH flora series liquid, and for the organic I'll be using Earth Juice.
Lighting in the veg room is cfls, but I'll be putting in a small t5 soon. The flower room has a 250w hps. :peace:

Welcome, DeadTour. Here you go! Hope I don't get bugs in my soil!
SS, I haven't had any problems with peat pellets. I did have a little fungus, but sprayed with Safer 3 in 1 and it didn't seem to affect the seedlings.
100_03261.JPG

I did soak the rockwool in water and sweetened lime juice for a short time. But, sometimes I don't even treat them. I probably should treat them every time. What ph are you supposed to soak rockwool in?

I'm tuning in for this one. Northern lights is one of the most favorite strains i've ever gotten to smoke. I hope they turn out good for you. What kinda weed was the bagseed from? And what is your soilless mix? Looked like dirt to me from the pics.

Good luck. I'm tuned in.
Welcome and thanx, KannabisKid!
I'm tuning in for this one. Northern lights is one of the most favorite strains i've ever gotten to smoke. I hope they turn out good for you. What kinda weed was the bagseed from? And what is your soilless mix? Looked like dirt to me from the pics.
Welcome, CharlieMopps! I've always wanted to try Northern Lights ever since I heard of it. Never gotten to smoke NL, can't wait! Not sure what strains the bagseeds are, just from "crippy", a generic term down here for good smoke. This is the soilless mix I'm using, I also add extra perlite to it.
100_0330.JPG

100_03311.JPG

Thanx for stopping by! :cool:

I did soak the rockwool in water and sweetened lime juice for a short time. But, sometimes I don't even treat them. I probably should treat them every time. What ph are you supposed to soak rockwool in?

Rockwool has a high PH, so you're supposed to soak it for 24 hours in a solution adjusted to 4.5-5.0 to bring it closer to neutral.

They even have rockwool soaking solutions specifically made for this purpose.

I've never used rockwool before, but it seems to me that lots of folks don't worry about special soak solutions and seem to do OK with them.

regards,

SS

Back
Top Bottom