Kali-Orange

Re: Kali--orange

Thanx Butcher and Tunes!
I'm really sorry it's been so long. I need a new computer. Damn, I haven't been on here since last year! Sorry I haven't been able to keep up with all of ya'lls journals. I have a lot of catching up to do!
Anyway, on with the show! Here are some pics from 1-3-10.
K-A
100_06732.JPG

K-B
100_06683.JPG

C.O.
100_06781.JPG

This is the extra support I had to add to C.O.
100_06801.JPG

A cool pic of the top of K-A
100_06861.JPG

These are the pics from yesterday and today.
K-A
100_0693.JPG

100_0694.JPG

100_0695.JPG

K-B
100_06871.JPG

100_06881.JPG

100_0689.JPG

Lower buds showing color
100_06901.JPG

C.O. As you can see the new support held up the main cola, but the rest flopped over giving light to lower buds.
100_06911.JPG

100_06921.JPG

Check out the color change in ten days! I started flushing C.O. This is week 7, checked the trichs, she comes down in one more week. The Kalichakras are about a week or two behind her. The Ks have a skunky hashy smell, but not overpowering. The C.O. has a LOUD fruity aroma that is delicious! I'll need some odor control in the drying room.
I'll be starting the N.L. seeds and C.O. clones soon. :rollit:

Looking good tricome, are your veg lights far away? They look really stretched, but don't look light starved. :peace:

Holy hiatus, Batman! It's been a long time! I'm back with my newly rebuilt computer.:allgood:
My old motherboard was only 11 years old!

All of the ladies have been harvested. The California Orange is already gone! I'm still getting my computer set up, so hopefully I'll be able to put up some pics soon. Here are the stats, though. C.O.--14.5g, K-A--62g, K-B--44.7g. The C.O. was some tasty smoke with a sweet grapefruit flavor. It had a real good balanced high. The Ks have a pleasant floral aroma. Smells like pot-pouri! The K has a powerful sativa high. I've gotten accustomed to it now, but before I had to be careful how much I smoked. It would cause feelings of paranoia, confusion, and heart racing. These clones have surpassed their mother in structure (no stakes as opposed to 5 per plant), yield (shorter plants; same yeild), and potency (zowee!) Both are smooth and good smoke. Just don't burn two joints of Kalichakra right off the bat! :trance:

The flower room is empty at the moment, but the Northern Lights and California Orange will be moving in soon. In the veg room I've got a C.O. mother and a K mother. I'm working on a N.L. mother to complete the set.

Welcome to the party, 420worrior! Those ladies are Kalichakra, a sativa. That's what makes them so stretchy. I try to keep my lights as close as possible to lessen this affect.
Thanx, everyone for all your help and support! I'll be getting back into my 420 groove. It's great to be back!:yahoo:

Ok, here's the harvest pics. These are the Ks. Sorry, I lost the C.O. pics in the computer upgrade.
K-A
100_07011.JPG

100_07001.JPG

100_07021.JPG

K-B
100_06972.JPG

100_06992.JPG

Also, I made a little over a gram of ice hash from the mixed trimmings. Here's what's left, (about 2/3).
100_0703.JPG

Here's the current veg room. California Orange mother.
100_07041.JPG

Kalichakra mother
100_07052.JPG

Northern Lights from seed #1
100_07062.JPG

N.L. from seed #2
100_07071.JPG

C.O. clone (I've corrected the label)
100_0708.JPG

I've been having trouble with the C.O. mother. The lower branches keep dieing off. The soil did dry out a couple of times. I'll keep on top of it, and hopefully I'll get some good low branches to clone.:peace:

Thanx, Butcher! Well, I found the bud I pollinated. I had forgotten about it! The father was an unknown bag seed crossed with the Kalichakra clone. Since we call good buds aroud here "crippy", I'll call these seeds Cripichakra. Look for these in the future. Here is the result, 13 seeds.
100_07091.JPG

You can see the difference in the seeded bud on the left, much lighter in color.
100_0710.JPG

I also found a couple of seeds from other buds, don't know if this is the result of stray pollen or herming. I'm keeping those two separately.

Since this grow journal is so short due to my absence and there is a gap in the flower room, I'm going to continue on with what's in the veg room rather than start a new journal.
here's what's going on now. I topped the two NLs a couple of days ago. I will clone them tomorrow to sex them. Since my CO mother is having so much trouble, I believe i will replace her with her clone. This way I can take clones from both strains at the same time.
Oh yea, here's a DWC system I picked up a few days ago for $150. A good deal if you add everything up separately. 11"x361/2" basin with 5 hole lid, air3 air pump, tubing and fittings, 2 10" air stones, clay pebbles, 4 net pots, and 3 caps.
100_07111.JPG

If I get a good NL female, I may go ahead and use this. Stay tuned and stay stoned!:passitleft:

Well, I found a few bananas, so those stray seeds are probably from them. I'll keep 'em, hey fem Kalichakra seeds, even though they will probably herm too. I got rid of the original CO mother:rip:. When I checked the roots, it was pathetic. Very little root structure, and they were brown. I believe it was root rot caused by a water retaining core. When I transplanted her I retained the original organic soil. I believe this core was holding water in the middle of the pot, so when I thought the soil was dry and watered, the core was still wet. Hopefully thats all it was since I took 3 clones from her before her demise. Her clone replacement was still too small to clone. I also took 2 clones from each NL.
NL1=2left, NL2=2center, CO=2right&1 in glass.
100_07121.JPG

All clone are in the JefTec cups, except the CO in the glass is in peat pellets. All got an angle cut and scraping, and Clonex. All cups watered with Superthrive and PHed. The glass got strait water.
here is the new CO mother, an earlier clone of the original.
100_0713.JPG

I broke one of the NL2 clones trying to push it into the medium. I didn't break all the way, so I just buried where it snapped. It looks ok along with the others,except for one of the CO clones in a cup. It was a lower branch from the original mother that didn't look so great to start with. It's all wilted over now. That's why I took an extra clone from her. I will only use the one best clone from each plant.
Note: I corrected the stiff pushing of clones into medium by poking down first with a wire creating a hole for the clone stem. :bongrip:

Well, the mothers are doing good, but the clones aren't. All of the Northern Lights clones have failed, and the California Orange clones are just hanging in there. The beer cup method I'm using only seems to work on Kalichakra, which is an easy cloner. Time to try a new method. I plan on using rockwool tomorrow, but any advice or suggestions from you successful cloners will be appreciated!
CO Mother
100_0714.JPG

K Mother
100_07151.JPG

NL 1
100_07162.JPG

NL2
100_07171.JPG

and here are my pitiful clones
100_07181.JPG

Here's a tune to enjoy.
YouTube - Muddy Waters - Champagne & Reefer
:peace:

'm back. Been out of town.
As of now I have 3 mothers; Kalichakra, California Orange, and Northern Lights. I moved the other NL into the flower room. The one I kept in veg as a mother is the better of the two.
I am having a slight problem with leaves dropping off in the veg room. There were periods of high temps and humidity, and I think this may be a cause.
I plan on trying to clone again soon. I will be using a tray and dome this time. I have rockwool starter plugs and what I think are Ready Gro super plugs ( similar to Root Riot). They were in an unmarked plastic bag at the grow store.
Here are some pics. NL1 in flower 2 days.
100_07191.JPG

MOTHERS-CO
100_07211.JPG

K
100_07223.JPG

NL
100_07232.JPG

Group shot of veg room.
100_0720.JPG

Here are the plugs I'll be using.
100_07263.JPG

100_07273.JPG

100_07282.JPG

:peace:

Thanx Haze and Charlie!! Sorry it's been so long. I've been working long hours lately.

Here's the news. The mothers are doing pretty good. They are losing leaves, but remain healthy. The Northern Lights and California Orange will have a couple of leaves brown and wither a week. I shake the Kalichakra; which is very dense; about every week and 5-6 healthy leaves will fall off. I think she may be shedding unneeded leaves. as for the dieing leaves, I think I may need more air flow. The veg room is at 80F and 50%RH. That closet has never had plants this big in it before. I'm probably going to have to set it up like the flower room with better ventilation and odor control. Those mothers reek!
I've taken new clones from C.O. and N.L. I used a tray and dome, Clonex gel and solution, and rockwool. I took 4 clones from each. I lost 2 of the CO clones,but I expected that since they were a couple of already sad looking lower branches.
The NL in the flower room turned out to be a male. So, I cut all but the top balls and will collect pollen.

Mothers: NL
100_07301.JPG

K
100_07311.JPG

CO
100_07331.JPG

Clones: CO on left NL on right
100_07341.JPG

Male NL
100_07291.JPG

I'm finding that I am getting busier and have less time to tend to my plants. So, I will be going into hydro. I'm wishing now that I put my mothers in DWC buckets as others have. I will be using my new DWC system in the flower room, though. Thanx for stopping by!
I've got a lot of catching up and reading about breeding to do! :reading420magazine::peace:

Well my latest attempt at cloning failed. My mother plants are not doing so great. They'll need some TLC for Mothers Day. It looks like it could be a few things, but I think it could be a PH issue. Can a soiless mix rise in PH over time. I have a cheap soil PH meter with a probe, and I'm getting readings of 7.5 to 8. I watered them yesterday with 6.5PH water. I water and feed at this PH all the time. I now think I need to lower the Ph of the solution to balance the media.

Iv'e decided to end this journal, as it's going nowhere fast. I think I had the misfortune of good luck early on, and now my lack of real experience is catching up with me. lol

I will be starting a new journal! I have 4 of my Cripychakra(Kalichakra x ?) seeds in paper towels. I will also be keeping track of the mothers. Coming soon! :cheer:

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL YOU MOTHERS!!!:biglaugh:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

I’m moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Sending you lots of positive energy through the Universe.

Back
Top Bottom