Stully's Magic Crystal from clone

Ours was highly modified, 4 hose waterpipe... seperate ice and water chambers... back them we smoked pounds of cheap mexican brick weed in it, worked well enough for that.. things were simpler then.

Looks like you have some healthy clones to work with, Great job and cant wait to see those little ladies grow. Great job again. + rep

Thanks everybody for stopping in. As far as the hookah goes, by itself it is not very good for MJ, but I add a small amount of Turkish tobacco covered in molasses. Usually peach or apple flavor. If you do that, it burns slow and tastes wonderful. i use a charcoal for hookahs to burn the bowl.

I have been thinking about my plan and there is a serious flaw. Money. I was going to grow directly in rockwool cubes( the6x6x5.5). I realized if I did this, I would have to set up a res and pumps and I don't the extra scratch right now. So, I'm gonna have to figure out a different way. I don't really want to do soil again, but I might have to. Kinda sucks because it ruins the hole intrigue of the rockwool idea and pushing the plants to the max with nutes. If I do go with another soil grow, I will use FFOF again, but this time I will probably go like 30-40% perlite. We will see how it goes.

alright, I really want to do this soil less. What do you think about a 10" pot with a layer of pea gravel on the bottom. i would used the 6"x6"x5.8" size rockwool cube( the HUGO). Since the rockwool is square and the pot is round, I will fill the side and top with either some perlite or grodan grow cubes. Then I would light seal the top of the pot. Do you think I could pull this off without some type of hydro set-up going? Do you think I would have to water too often?

Stully, Have you considered DWC bro? Deep Water Culture. A 5 gallon bucket with an air stone(large-round) in the bottom, some tubing, nutes and an air pump. Get a lid/basket system like we have (~$5.00) and some medium, say expanded clay pellets and walla! Hydro on the cheap.

I've thought about the dwc systems, but with the space I have, I really don't think I could get the most out of that situation. I can fit 9 10" pots in my veg room quite comfortably. i don't really want to get down any lower then 9 plants. Then my bottom line takes a big hit. i got to get a little return on my original investment before i start to add new equipment. Tell you the truth, with the space I have, a flood table might be my best bet. I could probably make that fairly cheap. And i might try it in a few grows. For now I'm either gonna go with the coco or the soil.

Ebb and flow is a good way to go bro. Sounds like a winner. I'll be watching no matter what you decide upon.

I agree. It is how I am doing it. The biggest issue I find with Ebb and Flow is that the top of the reservoir must be below the bottoms of any flood tray or bucket in order to drain. This usually requires that the flood tray be elevated using up some vertical height. Also, a flooded table can be very heavy and top heavy at that so its supports must be well built. Hovever, it can be scaled up in size pretty easily, does not require that holes be in the bottom of any bucket or tray to work, and allows the user to add or remove individual plants. Building an ebb and flow setup can be done without any specialized hydro equipment as well.

Hit the clones with a weak foliar feed today. 1/2 strength dose of BMO Flower Power 1-8-7. Two were looking a little droopy, but after the feeding, they look amazing. I've done some thinking, and I want to experiment a little with this grow. I think I will get 2 10" coco bags, 2 10" pots of FFOF, 2 10" smart pots of FFOF( just to see if they make life easier), and I might even throw 2 in MGMC( got some left over from my peppers. Maybe even 1 in Peat Moss( if I have enough left to fill a pot).

last_day_veg_007.JPG

last_day_veg_004.JPG

last_day_veg_005.JPG

Back
Top Bottom