6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

re: 6 Clones - 3 Strains & Hempies - Oh My!

Check you out man, got some nuggz and more on it's way :welldone:

Loads of fun growing my own again.

Here are the new nugs from the organic Headband.

012111_001.JPG

012111_004.JPG

Wow TT that looks great!
Again....yummy! :yahoo:

Thanks all!:)

Just had an even bigger pile of Blue Dragon. 4 plants down and two to go. :party:

Incredible buds TT~ :bravo:
Well just got through this thread for the 2nd time. :)

Any thoughts on how your soil/coco/perlite hempys are performing vs your last coco/perlite hempys?

:peace:

The last group is just finishing off and the new groups are only 2 to 4 weeks into 12/12 so my comments might change but here is my observations as of now.

In the first coco perlite hempies, the organic had has the edge in looks and taste over the non-organic.

The DM Purple/OC+ plants are bigger yielding. This might have been different if I had supplemented the organic plants when I first thought the nute level had dropped. The organic Blue Dragon that I "rescued" with a top dressing of OC+ seems to have the best of both world's.

The hempies themselves were great. No problems other than a little easily cured CalMag. Did good on the watering and draining.

Based on my early observations, I decided that going more organic suited me and that I would like to have the ease of hempies with the benefits of soil. I took clones and started to grow them out in test pots. Made a few mistakes but I am close to dialing this in.

The first batch coco/soil toasted the leaves. Three weeks of just water and sugar with one flush has new growth showing up with nice bud growth. I am going to continue this through the grow. Shouldn't have too add anything.

The second batch had the fert level cut in half. Still started a little burn but I flushed at the first signs and they are doing great. I was able to see that the Blue Dragon was the most sensitive, GDP came next and the Headband showed almost no damage.

Based on my observations so far, my opinion is that these coco/soil hempies will come in with a yield like the DM/OC+ hempies with even better look and taste than the organic coco/perlite hempies. I really won't know for about six weeks.

Both types of hempies have a res of chunky perlite. Seems to work well and not going to change that. In both groups, the coco does a good job of wicking up the moisture.

The next two plants are going to be put in a mix that is heavier on the coco and lighter on the FFOF mixture.

Somebody, who hasn't read the thread twice, will probably wonder about the nute mixture. I used Epsoma TomatoTone, Jobes Tomato, Dynamite Mater Magic and Dynamite Organic Brown. Took the recommended dose for each divide by 4 and then divided by 2 again. I added this to the FFOF. The mix was too rich so I combined the mix of nutes and FFOF to an equal part of FFOF. Next pots, I am going to take the current mix and match it with FFOF again. Should be about right. I also added some micros I had around.

I thought it was a light enough mix at the beginning. My only explanation for the burn is that I am also using Azos and Mykos from Extreme gardening. I have observed that their use in clone and veg creates great roots. Both are supposed to reduce the need for nutes. So far so good. :rollit:

Probably won't have this dialed in for about 4 months.

Thanks all!:)

Just had an even bigger pile of Blue Dragon. 4 plants down and two to go. :party:

The last group is just finishing off and the new groups are only 2 to 4 weeks into 12/12 so my comments might change but here is my observations as of now.

In the first coco perlite hempies, the organic had has the edge in looks and taste over the non-organic.

The DM Purple/OC+ plants are bigger yielding. This might have been different if I had supplemented the organic plants when I first thought the nute level had dropped. The organic Blue Dragon that I "rescued" with a top dressing of OC+ seems to have the best of both world's.

The hempies themselves were great. No problems other than a little easily cured CalMag. Did good on the watering and draining.

Based on my early observations, I decided that going more organic suited me and that I would like to have the ease of hempies with the benefits of soil. I took clones and started to grow them out in test pots. Made a few mistakes but I am close to dialing this in.

The first batch coco/soil toasted the leaves. Three weeks of just water and sugar with one flush has new growth showing up with nice bud growth. I am going to continue this through the grow. Shouldn't have too add anything.

The second batch had the fert level cut in half. Still started a little burn but I flushed at the first signs and they are doing great. I was able to see that the Blue Dragon was the most sensitive, GDP came next and the Headband showed almost no damage.

Based on my observations so far, my opinion is that these coco/soil hempies will come in with a yield like the DM/OC+ hempies with even better look and taste than the organic coco/perlite hempies. I really won't know for about six weeks.

Both types of hempies have a res of chunky perlite. Seems to work well and not going to change that. In both groups, the coco does a good job of wicking up the moisture.

The next two plants are going to be put in a mix that is heavier on the coco and lighter on the FFOF mixture.

Somebody, who hasn't read the thread twice, will probably wonder about the nute mixture. I used Epsoma TomatoTone, Jobes Tomato, Dynamite Mater Magic and Dynamite Organic Brown. Took the recommended dose for each divide by 4 and then divided by 2 again. I added this to the FFOF. The mix was too rich so I combined the mix of nutes and FFOF to an equal part of FFOF. Next pots, I am going to take the current mix and match it with FFOF again. Should be about right. I also added some micros I had around.

I thought it was a light enough mix at the beginning. My only explanation for the burn is that I am also using Azos and Mykos from Extreme gardening. I have observed that their use in clone and veg creates great roots. Both are supposed to reduce the need for nutes. So far so good. :rollit:

Probably won't have this dialed in for about 4 months.

Great descriptive explanation TT, much appreciated! :high-five:

Great summary and observations TT ! A true scientific way to do things. Tests and results. We should all do the same.:)

By they way, Thanks for the thought, in another journal about smuggling me some of those seeds. But don't, I have too many already! :grinjoint:

Great summary and observations TT ! A true scientific way to do things. Tests and results. We should all do the same.:)

By they way, Thanks for the thought, in another journal about smuggling me some of those seeds. But don't, I have too many already! :grinjoint:

More Homerific than Scientific. If the plants don't die I must have done something right. If they do die, "Duh, my bad."

I wouldn't have done any actual smuggling. Just a plain envelope with a few seeds return addressed to one of my "favorite" local politicians.

Just got the rest of the first round of plants harvested and drying. Bigger haul from the DMP/OC+ plants.

Hey TT thanks for the encouragement on my journal.

Will be very interested in your smoke reports comparing the various growing methods. :peace:

good post bro. every though about just making some tea to feed the girls? some Mykos30 and Azos with some tea should rock things out. this stuff has my Jacks looking crazy potent, about to feed my new girl with the XG products.

i think if you made some teas you would like it allot more and have more control over things.

things are great though bro, keep up the cool journal

Hey TT thanks for the encouragement on my journal.

Will be very interested in your smoke reports comparing the various growing methods. :peace:

Anytime Blue.;)

Just finished smoking the organic GDP for report purposes. Or more accurately, it smoked me. :grinjoint:

good post bro. every though about just making some tea to feed the girls? some Mykos30 and Azos with some tea should rock things out. this stuff has my Jacks looking crazy potent, about to feed my new girl with the XG products.

i think if you made some teas you would like it allot more and have more control over things.

things are great though bro, keep up the cool journal

Thanks Irish!

My current flowering plants have too much nutes for any teas.

I am going to try the teas with the next plants that will be in a much cooler mix. Ideally, I will find something that is just add water and shake.

My Jack seedling is just about to be clipped for clones to put into 12/12 for a sex check. :smokin:

More Homerific than Scientific. If the plants don't die I must have done something right. If they do die, "Duh, my bad."

I wouldn't have done any actual smuggling. Just a plain envelope with a few seeds return addressed to one of my "favorite" local politicians.

Just got the rest of the first round of plants harvested and drying. Bigger haul from the DMP/OC+ plants.

:yahoo::thumb::yahoo:

Hey TT! Great news on your smoke reports!

I have great news too, I'm stoned:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Accidentally snipped a bubba kush branch today so I'm smoking it up. Not the best I've ever had but the highest I've been since I started smoking my own, and she's still not done. I'm psyched - I really am going to grow some quality smoke :tokin::tokin::tokin:

Anyhow I stopped by to ask if your pics have those stripes under the cmh and you somehow get rid of them? I haven't noticed any others like it except one of the contest entries this month. When I saw his pics I thought to myself he should have closed the shades. But it's the effect of this light.

IMAG1255.jpg

If you don't have it I'm going to wonder about the reflector. You can't see the bars with your eyes, looks perfect and super bright. But I see them through the viewfinder.

Take care my friend!

Hey TT! Great news on your smoke reports!

I have great news too, I'm stoned:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Accidentally snipped a bubba kush branch today so I'm smoking it up. Not the best I've ever had but the highest I've been since I started smoking my own, and she's still not done. I'm psyched - I really am going to grow some quality smoke :tokin::tokin::tokin:

Anyhow I stopped by to ask if your pics have those stripes under the cmh and you somehow get rid of them? I haven't noticed any others like it except one of the contest entries this month. When I saw his pics I thought to myself he should have closed the shades. But it's the effect of this light.

IMAG1255.jpg

If you don't have it I'm going to wonder about the reflector. You can't see the bars with your eyes, looks perfect and super bright. But I see them through the viewfinder.

Take care my friend!

All right BLUE!! Smokin':tokin:

I've never had any bands in my pictures. Must be a reflector effect. Must mean that it actually does reflect out some extra light.

Speaking of smokin' :blunt: ... finished the GDP test.

The winner is ..... Organic GDP:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Tighter, tastier and stonier. Only downside was that the under feed organic runt only produced 15 grams while the DMP/OC+ came in at 32 grams. The organic was so much better that I would take that difference every time. However, I think with better care, I can get the organic to come in at over a Z every time.

The DMP/OC+ was still better than any of the dispensary GDP I have tried. It is just that the organic was so powerful. It grab a hold of me and took me for a ride while the DMP/OC+ required me to let go. :cool:

The organic barely allowed me to focus on cartoons while I was able to work on the computer with the DMP/OC+. That's not a bad thing. I was doing work I should have done months ago but couldn't face. ;)

The DMP/OC+ Headband just went into the jar so the Headband smoke off is still about a week away. Though to be fair I should probably smoke the organic HB today for the test to have similar cure times. (good excuse :) )

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom