Mandala of Nirvana

Thanx for the reps, Tunes!
WOF, I threw out that nasty old tray. Took two more clones from the Kalichakra. I put them all in the little jiffy dome. Just sprayed them today after three days of leaving them alone.
100_03753.JPG

100_03765.JPG

All but the runt have been put in the flower room on Friday. I'm keeping the runt as a standby.
Hope I get ladies!:Rasta:
100_03721.JPG

100_03734.JPG

The runt still in veg.
100_03775.JPG

:rollit:

Thanx, Kannabis and Charlie! They aren't fem seeds, so some males will be "weeded" out.
I knew I'd get males, but I hoped it wouldn't be the Water Farm.
100_03833.JPG

100_03851.JPG

The other 2 NLs are female though! So, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. The rest haven't shown sex yet, but should any day now. I hope the Kalichakra is a girl!
In the veg room when I pulled the WF clones, I saw root knots and even a couple of tiny roots! I messed up, though, and left the lid off. a couple of clones shriveled up and may be lost. Luckily they were the bag seed clones. So, I sprayed them all, let the excess evaporate, and put the lid back on. Hopefully the rest weren't harmed.

Thanx, Haze!
Welcome and thanx, OldMedMan! I'm still kinda new at it too. Let's learn together!

Well I checked the temp in the flower room today, and it was over 88! I opened the door and have a stand fan blowing into the closet. Got it down to 85.
All five plants left are girls!
100_03861.JPG

I was expecting 2 or 3 males, and only got 1 out of 6. So, now I have to figure what I'm going to do with the standby runt, which is looking really healthy in spite of my neglect. It hasn't been feed or watered in over a week! It's wet 'cause I just sprayed it.
100_03901.JPG

Somehow the two clones that shriveled up have recovered quite a bit. (second row from right)
100_03892.JPG

I am concerned about the yellowing of the others. They are damp with a solution of superthrive, root gel, and 1/4 strength grow nutes. They seem pretty healthy otherwise.

Well, it looks like my clones are doing like my other attempts; Dying slowly. :(
100_03912.JPG

I sprayed them with 1/4 strength nutes today, and let the excess evaporate. I'm lost on cloning. Really frustrating. I still have the runt to practice on. I'll get it right one of these days.

In the flower room the NLs have really gone sativa with stretching.
100_03962.JPG

They're 34" now; nearly a foot taller than the rest. Flower development seems slow on all of them, but it's only been 2 weeks. Hopefully they'll start to build up this week.

Looking good ...Plants are really taking off...I have problems with clones too...some always seem to make it but i kill more than 2/3 of them....just got cubes like you use and some real rooting gel. But i think the easy solution for at least some one like me is get a cloning machine ....or to make one. I did find if i didn't get medium lightly packed around stem plant would yellow and not root (like big air pocket) hope we are able to have better luck with clones.....I take 8 and only been getting 2-3 that make it so now trying gel and cubes see how this goes :) Keep it green brother grower :peace:

Hey tricome, your links take me right to your grow journals now, tell your brother, good job.
Sorry about the clone problems, they can be touchy sometimes, but the flower room looks awesome.

tunes and tricome.

i have had great success with cloning (100%) for some time now. maybe I can offer some good advice. . . there's no way you should be losing 2/3 of them

1)get a good humidity dome with a raised tray and a tall dome. shouldn't cost you more then 10 bucks. this is so you can keep water at the bottom of the tray, and therefore it will always be very humid, but the medium never sits in standing water. this is very important and cheap.

2)prepping the RW cubes is all important!!!! fill your dome tray 1/2 way with water, and adjust the ph to 5.0-5.5. if your not using RO water, let it sit for 24 hours. also add some cloning solution. i use clonex, but i don't think it matters much which brand. i use some hygrozyme too, this will make sure the r zone is healthy. fully saturate the rw and let it sit for a little while. then drian some of it the water out of the tray, enough so that when you put the raised tray in it, the cubes are not submerged.

3)make sure that the rw cubes go through complete wet/dry cycles. dont let it dry out completely, but 80-90% is pretty dry. it should take days.

4)mist them frequently with water and a foliar dose of cloning solution. 3-4 times a day at least, if you can. 1-2 is still adequate.

5)leave them alone as much as possible. they are going to concentrate all of their power into growing those roots, doesn't help to be jostled around.

6)try to keep hem between 70-80*F.

7)if its not warmer than 80*F out, then a rooting heat pad will help them root faster. they like it very much when the root zone is a few degrees warmer than the air. plus with the raised tray and the water on the bottom, it will be 99% rh in there for sure.

if you can get all of these conditions down, i promise you over 90% success rates.

gl guys, these are just a general rules, not specific for anyones case.

a bit more,

I like to take big clones, 5-6" tall. and i do it 1/2" below a node. nodes have the biggest concentration of the hormones that will help grow roots. then i scrape some skin off below the node. dip it in rooting solution, then gel, then the saturated cube. i cut off the tips of the fan leaves to slow down photosythesis a bit. mist. mist. mist. a week later bang bang. roots.

tricom, for me, it doesn't look like you have enough leaf to support efficient root growth.

look how big i leave the fan leafs on these cuttings i took on 8-29.

8-29-08.JPG

this is 13 days later. . .

9-12-07.JPG

i think i watered the rw cubes 3-4 times over those two weeks.

the runt could probably only support three clones from the looks of the pic. the top, and the two bottom most side branches. if you want a mom, it is good to top it and clone from it a few times, it makes a round mom with many uniform sites to clone from. i like to try to leave at least one node below wherever i am cloning, this will make 2 branches grow back in its place.

Thanx, WoF!
That runt is pretty hardy. It went over a week without food of water! Only the bottom set of leaves drooped, as it sat in it's bone dry medium. I was seeing how long 'til it showed signs of thirst. 9 days. I fed it today. We'll see if it recovered enough for cloning tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom