Mandala of Nirvana

the runt may be good for practice, and if she was runted due to some external factor she may work fine,

but remember, a clone is an exact genetic copy of that plant, so if you have two side by side and one is out performing the other, trust me, you want clones of the best one. then you have a bunch of best ones instead of just one.

I don't think I posted my feeding schedule, so here it is for your review.
Nl1 is getting GH liquid Flora series--Bag Seed is getting my usual(GH dry Maxibloom and Tiger Bloom)--Nl2&Kalichakra are getting BC--Organic Bag Seed is getting Earth Juice
All are getting Superthrive with feeding except the Organic, which is getting a new product from Ace.
100_04181.JPG

In the flower room things are starting to fill in. Sorry, not my best pics.;)
From what I have read, Northern Lights is a short indica strain. Mine look the opposite.
NL1--45" tall from soil
100_04101.JPG

100_04121.JPG

100_04131.JPG

NL2--at far end of room about 40" tall
100_04141.JPG

Kalichakra check out how the stem is thicker at the top
100_04053.JPG

100_04062.JPG

100_04091.JPG

100_04151.JPG

Bag Seed
100_04172.JPG

Organic Bag Seed
100_04163.JPG

In the veg room. The runt has been topped. I've taken 3 clones from it. 2 from bottom branches and 1 from top. I've also taken 2 from Kalichakra and 2 from NL1(I think):smokin: I still have 3 of the old clones just to see if they survive.
100_04193.JPG

100_04203.JPG

:peace::rollit:

looks good.I just finished reading your completed journal.Love the catapiler buds.Wierd but hey they do the trick.And i like the toping godd job on it.As far as the runt goes i had a runt veg while i harvested twice and on the third run i flowered her and i have NEVER had a plant get soooo dense. it has something to do with age rather then stature, well thats my experience, so just watch it for the runt she could come out the best.that would be ironic.

But any ways glad i saw your journal and now i'm posted GREAT JOB BRADA!!

So...

...are you sure that you didn't mix the two strains up?

Those are the skinniest leaves i've ever seen on a northern lights.

i'm just sayin'...

But either way your plants are looking pretty great.

lookin great so far
what city do you live in?
Welcome and thanx, shaggy_420! Check PM.

real good work bud.+ REPS
Welcome and thanx for the reps, spike69! Good healing vibes to you and your brother!

looks good.I just finished reading your completed journal.Love the catapiler buds.Wierd but hey they do the trick.And i like the toping godd job on it.As far as the runt goes i had a runt veg while i harvested twice and on the third run i flowered her and i have NEVER had a plant get soooo dense. it has something to do with age rather then stature, well thats my experience, so just watch it for the runt she could come out the best.that would be ironic.
Welcome, Butcher! Yea, those caterpillar buds were pretty cool. I'm using the runt for cloning experiments now, but if it turns out to be female I'll flower it later. Hope it turns out like yours!
But any ways glad i saw your journal and now i'm posted GREAT JOB BRADA!!
Thanx! Your journal is looking great.

Great journal bro
Thanx! Yours is excellent, SS.
Keepin' an eye on the Kalichakra especially
Me too.
gotta question on the Inoculaid. Does it say anything about shelf life?
It says shelf stable for 3-5 years.

So...
...are you sure that you didn't mix the two strains up?
Those are the skinniest leaves i've ever seen on a northern lights.
i'm just sayin'...
But either way your plants are looking pretty great.
yeah top pic is a nice looking plant, just not northern lights
Welcome and thanx, ds8802! Thanx,PHAT!
I thought I kept track of which was which, but looking at the plants and rereading their descriptions, I think I may have gotten the NL and Kalichakra mixed up. It must have happened while they were seeds. I had a mark on the container, but must have remembered it backwards.:goof: Here are the seed bank descriptions.
KALICHAKRA
Type: sativa-indica
Contains land race genetics from: South India / S.E.Asia
Cultivation: indoor/outdoor
Light: 400 W/m2
Flowering time: 70-75 days/October
Yield: 500-550 gr/m2 (dry weight)
High: a potent, sativa high with an energizing body effect; THC-tolerance only builds up slowly, therefore the best choice for medical or regular users.
Medical Use: Kalichakra shows her therapeutic potential in pain relief and helping against depression.

KALICHAKRA
This variety carries the name of the Hindu Godess Kali, a tantric partner of the ganja smoking God Shiva. With Kalichakra we offer a hardy, potent sativa hybrid with a good yield. This sativa remains easy to control in height - indoor you can expect her to increase two to three times in height in the flowering period. Outdoors she will reach a height of 1,6 - 2,0 meters in temperate climates. Due to the high calyx-leaf ratio the quality of the flowers is above average and she is easy to manicure. She grows in two distinct phenotypes: some plants develop their resinous flowers in an airy pattern, others grow compact quality buds. Kalichakra provides clones easily and in Hydroponics rapid growth can be expected - thereby shortening the flowering time

NORTHERN LIGHTS
Northern lights cannabis seeds
Pure Indica and winner of the Indica strain 88, 89 and 1990; an absolute must for the indoor grower! Northern Lights dominated harvest festivals and many wonderful stains share its heritage. Through selective breeding we have succeeded in developing one of the most powerful plants in the world. Northern lights is highly adapted to indoor growing, compact, powerful, good yield and has exceptional resin production. Northern Lights is a most lucrative plant for the indoor grower. When it's covered in snowy crystals of resin lights, it's ready to harvest.

* Flowering: 45-51 days
* Height: 100-130cm indoor / 160cm or more outdoor
* Yield: ~128-180g indoor / 400+g outdoor in good conditions
* Indica/Sativa: 95/5
* Harvest: Primarily indoor, late Oct. if outdoor
* Sow: Sow when soil warms to 15C/59F or transplant after last frost

Well, I was going to feed them Sunday, but the pots were still heavy and the top of the medium was moist. So I just took them out for fresh air and exercise in front of an oscillating stand fan. I also took them out to take individual pics out from under the hps for you guys!
As you can see from the pics and descriptions, I obviously got the Northern Lights and Kalichakra mixed up. I went ahead and relabeled them. So, NL1&2 are now K1&2, and K is now NL.
The broom is 55" tall and the pots are 10" tall.
K1 (formerly NL1)
100_04272.JPG

This top has grown just past the light.
100_04353.JPG

K2 (formerly NL2) This one is behind the others in flower development.
100_0432.JPG

100_04331.JPG

100_04341.JPG

NL (formerly K) She has three main tops coming up through her dense canopy.
100_04231.JPG

100_04252.JPG

100_04243.JPG

Bag Seed Doing great after accidentally feeding it 4x strength of my usual nutes. I absent mindedly measured out enough for a gallon into a quart. Twice!:loopy:
100_04285.JPG

100_04292.JPG

Organic Bag Seed I'm adjusting the ph when needed on my other nutes, but I'm not even checking it for the organic nutes. I've read not to adjust organic nutes. Seems to be working fine.
100_04212.JPG

100_04222.JPG

100_04312.JPG

My feeding mistake has shown me that I may be able to push the nutes. So, when I fed today, I upped the BC from (according to their chart) 1200 ppm to 1700ppm. I doubled the GH and Earth Juice and gave Bag Seed a normal mix since it got 4x last feed. I hope nobody gets burned! :ganjamon::peace:

Thanx, y'all! Your kind words are reassuring and make me feel happy.:ganjamon: Yea, next time I'll get stoned after I organize the garden. LOL They are thirsty! They took about 3 quarts each yesterday. They're in 7 quart pots, and it's been 5 days since last feed.
No signs of problems from the double feeding. If none show later, I will continue with this feeding schedule. Next time they get water. I've been doing a feed, feed, water schedule. I'll probably give them a flush at the following water to remove excess salts.
Yesterday, while feeding, I noticed some top leaves on the NL were "sweating". I've seen this before in veg in my first journal. Are plants like people and sweat when they're hot, or is this something else?

Speaking of veg
Sorry for the crappy pic. It's drooping from being dry. I feed it today.
100_04411.JPG

A couple of clones are starting to have problems. Three are looking great, and the other two are ok. The rockwool felt dry so I gave them a spray.
100_04422.JPG

:peace:

It's called transpiration when the leaves are sweating like that. Usually means that humidity is too high.

It's actually something very similar to sweating in humans. How much the plants sweats is directly related to it's environment, RH, temps, etc. It also helps the plant stay cool, the same way it helps us stay cool, through evaporation.

It also enables the movement of water, nutes and minerals from the roots to the tops.

They're always sweating to some degree, but we only notice it when humidity is high enough to condense it on the leaves.

Thanx for the info, SS! I thought that was what it was but, I couldn't think of the word. lol
I'll keep a better eye on my temps and RH.
Thanx a lot OldMedMan! Your words make me blush and build my confidence!:bigblush:
I'll have to read through your whole journal one day. Man, it's hard to keep up with all these journals!
On another note. My friend that owns the convenient store told me his friend that lives down the road from me got busted with 25 plants.:yikes:(what happened to the nail biter?)
Wish me protection!:peace:

Back
Top Bottom