Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hello pacopac,
I have the Mars II 700 watt and a 48x3 reflector for seedling and veg. My 700 watt is 6" away from some of the bud tops and has been for a week or more. I can not raise the light any higher. For the past three weeks the light has been between 16" and now 6". I do not see any bleaching and the buds look good. Keep an eye on your plants and try different distances till you feel it is right. How tall is your tent? Mine is 60 inches or 5 feet. Too short to fully grow in my opinion. But my girl is big and beautiful and she is loving the light. I love these Top LED grow lights too. I want more of them for my veggie garden this winter.

WJ

hi all

How far between MarsII 700 and plants? at different stages of growth and flowering please :thanks: !

big thankx

Hello again Sara :Namaste:

I have a question about the Mars II lights. Specifically, are the 1600 and 1200 made any different other than LED counts?

The 1600W model talks about more powerful and quieter fans. Is this, your largest model, made differently than the others? I've been assuming they were all the same parts, just different sizes, ie LED counts/layout.

I want to cover a 4x8 area, so I was thinking 2 of the 1200W models should do great. It's actually a 4'x8' (1.3m, 2.7m), next to another 4x8, next to ANOTHER 4x8. :morenutes: Yes, that's 3 total 4x8 areas (total 12x8) I need to light.

Each 4x8 is a separate cycle, so I think of it as 3 different setups, they WILL benefit from being next to each other. Basically, I don't need the extra coverage of a larger light since there will be some overlap. I might be able to go a little smaller, but I think this is the sweet spot for me.

I just want to make sure the 1200W model is basically made the same as the 1600W model except it has fewer LEDs.

Thanks again for your awesome customer service. :thumb:

My 2 144x3 reflector lights are doing great. About to finish their second flower cycle. (was gonna post a pic, but they are sleeping) I am also thinking about adding 2 more of these to cover the center section. They are only supposed to cover 6.6', but having the 1200W on both sides should help. Any thoughts on this idea?

I guess my options are 4 Mars II 1200W and 2 more Reflector 144x3.
OR 6 Mars II 1200W and then try to find something to do with my existing lights.

I'd love to hear others' feedback too. Keep in mind my ceiling is only ~6.5' in my basement, so penetration is not as big an issue as being able to get more powerful lights further away.

I'm leaning towards 6 Mars II 1200W and try to use my 144's in veg mode for mothers.

The 1200 and 1600 are made different. The 1600 have the veg and bloom switch that the 144x3 have

Thanks Curso :winkyface:

So I've been playing with different layouts and had another idea...

I put 4 of the big 1600 lights at the corners and put my 2 existing 144x3 in between them. Would that cover 8x24 well?
Do I just need to get 6 of the 1600W lights?

Hello Ehlefan,

Please take care, that is not our light, they just copy our light design. we can not update 5watt on reflectors as I said, Reflector lights, we can not install big heatsink in the light, so it can not solve the heat problem if we use 5watt chip. LED grow light, if you can not solve heat problem well, quality will be a big problem. so please take care.
Hello Sara & friends,

I have just noticed these NEW TopLED 5W reflector units on eBay:

Sara, when will they be on the TopLED website? Led Grow Lights for indoor plants-Top Led

I don't like the eBay prices, they take big commissions now that hurt both buyer and seller. I will not buy through eBay.

Thanks.

Dear all my friends, if you can not judge if that is our light on ebay, please go to our website, the product on our website is the real one and the price is the lowest always. there are more and more fake product on ebay now, we can not control that, but we can control our website. our new products, we will not sell on ebay anymore. we will only sell on our topledgrowlight.com website. :) thanks for your support all my friends:)

Another news, we have succeed to apply our brand : "Mars hydro" . All our products will have " mars hydro" label from the middle of Sept,2014. if your lights do not have label, it should be a fake one. so please take care all my friends:)

Sorry Sara, I thought it was the same.

I deleted the post.

Thanks for the fast reply.

it is ok, no problem,. but please take care. I do not want people to buy the fake one. most of them buy our product for the high quality and great service , but fake product do not have:)

HI,british green. i have send an email to u, please check it.:love:
Sara thanks for the reply but could you please price the light in pounds sterling for me . The good old british pound . Thanks Steve :high-five:

That's great! hope u have a happy grow and have a nice harvest! :love:
Hey Sara just wanted to say thanks. The mars 400 is nice and bright.

Hi, wildjim, thanks for your sharing. have a nice day.:passitleft:
Hello pacopac,
I have the Mars II 700 watt and a 48x3 reflector for seedling and veg. My 700 watt is 6" away from some of the bud tops and has been for a week or more. I can not raise the light any higher. For the past three weeks the light has been between 16" and now 6". I do not see any bleaching and the buds look good. Keep an eye on your plants and try different distances till you feel it is right. How tall is your tent? Mine is 60 inches or 5 feet. Too short to fully grow in my opinion. But my girl is big and beautiful and she is loving the light. I love these Top LED grow lights too. I want more of them for my veggie garden this winter.

WJ

two mars 1200 will not cover 4x8 area. you will need to add a mar 700 in between the mars 1200. Mars 1200 is good for 3.5x3.5ft area and the 4ft area slow growth. Maybe the mars 1600 will be good for 4x4 area.

I have a question about the Mars II lights. Specifically, are the 1600 and 1200 made any different other than LED counts?

The 1600W model talks about more powerful and quieter fans. Is this, your largest model, made differently than the others? I've been assuming they were all the same parts, just different sizes, ie LED counts/layout.

I want to cover a 4x8 area, so I was thinking 2 of the 1200W models should do great. It's actually a 4'x8' (1.3m, 2.7m), next to another 4x8, next to ANOTHER 4x8. :morenutes: Yes, that's 3 total 4x8 areas (total 12x8) I need to light.

Each 4x8 is a separate cycle, so I think of it as 3 different setups, they WILL benefit from being next to each other. Basically, I don't need the extra coverage of a larger light since there will be some overlap. I might be able to go a little smaller, but I think this is the sweet spot for me.

I just want to make sure the 1200W model is basically made the same as the 1600W model except it has fewer LEDs.

My 2 144x3 reflector lights are doing great. About to finish their second flower cycle. (was gonna post a pic, but they are sleeping) I am also thinking about adding 2 more of these to cover the center section. They are only supposed to cover 6.6', but having the 1200W on both sides should help. Any thoughts on this idea?

OR 6 Mars II 1200W and then try to find something to do with my existing lights.

I'd love to hear others' feedback too. Keep in mind my ceiling is only ~6.5' in my basement, so penetration is not as big an issue as being able to get more powerful lights further away.

I'm leaning towards 6 Mars II 1200W and try to use my 144's in veg mode for mothers.

Wooow, Cusrso. so after u test this height, it will have no harm to the plants, right? that's great! :high-five::love:
I put my 1200 as close as 10" to finish them off with no ill effect...

The auto flower I posted pictures of the buds of a few pages back, was about 1" maybe closer to the light and it turned out beautiful as you have seen. I'm not suggesting anyone put their plant that close to the light because it's unnecessary, but if you plant get's close you should be just fine :) Maybe I just got lucky ;)

Hi, Hiker. i just send a PM to u, please check it. :love: if there have anything i can do for u, i will try my best to help u. :high-five:

Hello, guys.:love: our 240x5w and 180x5w have not many stocks on our UK warehouse, only several pieces. so if u are ready to buy, please place the order ASAP. :love:

Back
Top Bottom