Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hello YoCeE, you can also share the video here. :thumb:
I can't send you a pm yet king but thanks you guys have all been an inspiration. I now flux some strains because of LA and stuff. You're a good member also I followed some of your journals for sure. Unfortunately most of my research are video formats. Not pictures cause the camera on this is shitty

:cheer::cheer::cheer:
It's here... My new 144x5w reflector is here in only 2 days...:yahoo: Sara you guys did a great job of getting all the info off the boxes too....:goodjob: I actually think the delivery guy was upset cause he couldn't tell what it was this time...:) I'm so excited...:goof: and I just can't hide it...:yahoo:....:circle-of-love:
DSC012625.JPG
DSC012633.JPG
DSC012643.JPG
DSC012657.JPG
DSC012664.JPG
DSC012671.JPG

Can you email me? :thanks:
Good evening Sara. I read somewhere in this thread (although I cant seem to find it again) that if you quote something when you order your Mars Led you get a discount off.
Can you remind me again what the quote is ? Still thinking of the Mars II 700w.

Dennise has both the reflector lights and the mars II lights, so I guess she can tell the difference, Lol :volcano-smiley:
Oh wow can you tell the difference in the LED's? Oh man youre gonna have a good grow with that monster!
Hope you will like it, lol :thumb:
I cant wait to get my mars 144x5!!! That looks pretty impressive man im going to have to post mine right away as well and ill include a watt test as well. My light won't get here until Monday but im in Colorado so understandable of course
They are still the 144x3w light on our website, only the US has been upgrated for this item for now. :thanks:
They must be very new I cant even see them on the mars hydro website.
:passitleft:
Hey, thanks for the pm Dennise, much appreciated.

I see you have ordered now right? :cheesygrinsmiley:
Hello all

Is Sara here? I think I have decided to invest in a 900w Mars II. I more grow space and lights and am willing to invest in LEDs. Having never grown before, I did not realize how fast these plants grew and have 20 plus plants in veg, along with 58 tomato plants LOL

Sara, if you could advise me on the best way to order lights from your company, it would be much appreciate.

thanks in advance

RC

Thanks Dennise :passitleft:
Hi TheCelt... It is Saturday morning in China and I'm sure Sara or Lucy will be checking in over the weekend but they are not really back on here until Sunday night about 8pm eastern time..... You can order off the website and if you use the coupon code cofinest you will get a discount too... Good luck and you will love your new lights.....:circle-of-love:
:thanks:
OK

Just ordered a 900 Mars II. We will see how it compares to the 25 23watt cfls I have been using LOL

RC

I am here now Celt :thumb:
Thank you Denise

Much appreciated. Between you and kingC, you have given me lots to absorb.

I appreciated the advice and help from both.

Thank you muchly

RC
Yes, king is the best, that is why we called him the King. LoL :thumb::thumb:
Celt you will not be able to find better advice than that from King...:adore: He took me by the hand and taught me how to grow and I had never even had a house plant live before that... He is a real live MJ encyclopedia.....:circle-of-love:
:circle-of-love:
Awesome

Between King and what I learned from my grandfather MANY MANY years ago, hopefully I will do well LOL
:thumb:
I put my first seed to dirt Nov 1 of 2013 and honestly I didn't know anything and made every newbie mistake one could make but the peeps on 420 are so patient and so very kind they will help you in every way they can and you will be amazed at where you will be in a very short time.....:circle-of-love:
You are going to love this light... I have several Mars II's and several of the reflector series and I love them....:circle-of-love:
I thank you muchly

And King I really thank you for the PM. I will try to read as much as possible, I absorb knowledge like a sponge. The past 2 days have been hard with my wife in a cast for her leg and visitors that I would as soon NOT know what I am doing. Hard to get things done when you have visitors that WONT go home and have BIG mouths LOL

I still have 10 little ones that are a month old or more that need repotted. Hopefully tomorrow. Also, I still have a THC Bomb mom that is 8 Weeks old Tuesday that needs cut back and cloned LOL

RC
RC

Yes, we are working on Saturday morning too. Lol :circle-of-love: Have a nice weekend there, :circle-of-love:
Good morning Sara... Wasn't expecting to see you here on a Saturday but I should have known you would be....:high-five:....:circle-of-love:

Sara its your new plant haha Dutch Passion's Think Different. I've been wanting to do this one for a long time now. Oh my God I'm so high and then I drank some peach moonshine on top of it :laugh:

Dutch Passion Think Different under Mars II 400 watt.

100_2456cropped.jpg

Hello everyone I may have bumped into just the thread I wanted.

I'm thinking of selling my current leds and getting some mars leds.

Except I like alot of their lights so I'm wondering a few questions.

Firstly what's the most popular/favourite model purchased?

Would you reccomend mars II, reflector or sunlight models?

And is everyone happy with the spectrums the lights have?
Or do you customize your spectrums? If so what custom spectrum would you be using?

Looks like it might be time to upgrade my 144x3. For the buds they have grown and still growing can't wait to see what a little extra power will do and its going to free up one so no need to run 3 of them in 5x5 now 2 will do even better.

Hey, figured I'd chime in on this thread about the experience I've had so far with my first grow ever, using the Mars-Hydro Reflector 48x3W that I got about a month ago.

So I started with a 3 gallon hempy bucket with a Perlite reservoir and rest filled with Coco Coir and I decided to go with the Critical Mass strain for my first grow.

First two weeks I only gave the seedling plain semi-hard tap-water pH'd to 6 and then I started giving it GHE nutes at 1/4 strength, eventually going to 1/2 strength and to full strength. The growth was quite slow at first and at day 28 of veg I noticed that the Reflector light was only pulling around ~55 watts out of the wall with the "Growth" switch turned on. So I turned on both the "Growth" and "Bloom" switches to get some more light going and the power usage increased to ~86 watts.

Now I had been under the impression that when the products specs said "Draw Power: 80-100W", that the Growth Mode would take 80 watts and the Growth+Bloom mode would take 100 watts. So that was a bit misleading aspect of the tech specs. Shouldn't it rather say 55-86W, because that's what the reality is :\ Someone with this same panel was claiming that theirs takes 98 watts from the wall when Growth+Bloom is turned on, so did the design change? Care to comment on this matter Sara?

After 28-days of veg, this is how it was looking like:

I however really wanted to hit the 100W mark with my light, so I did this:

And now I had ~110W drawn from the wall. Yay! Also it was at this time when I switched to full strength nutes. And I feel like this was the point where the real explosive growth started. Have a look, this is now, 8-days later:

I just switched to flowering yesterday, after 35-days of veg :p

PS. After I'm done with this grow, I think I'm gonna open this light up and see if I can take some pictures of the internals. Mainly I'm interested of the build quality of the 2 x 50W LED drivers that are inside, as they are likely to be the first thing that will fail in long term. I'm thinking, perhaps we can substitute some high quality Panasonic electrolytics and drill some additional holes for better heat dissipation to extend the life of this thing :)

Hello everyone I may have bumped into just the thread I wanted.

I'm thinking of selling my current leds and getting some mars leds.

Except I like alot of their lights so I'm wondering a few questions.

Firstly what's the most popular/favourite model purchased?

Would you reccomend mars II, reflector or sunlight models?

And is everyone happy with the spectrums the lights have?
Or do you customize your spectrums? If so what custom spectrum would you be using?

Others should chime in... I use a 96*3 reflector series in a 48" by 24" by 48 high space for vegging, and my flowering tent is 48*48*80" using a marshydro II 1200 watt and I love these lights. Most popular is whatever is newest I think. Sun Series are just now hitting the market but the Mars II series 5 watt lights are fantastic HID replacements.

Even the reflector series are changing over to 5 watt diodes BTW. For the money you can't beat these lights!!!

Back
Top Bottom