Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Ok thx! Than i send the both 2x300 Watt (60x5) back to the Seller on eBay! The Reflector 96x3 Watt are to Buy for 165 USD is the Price and the Quality good for the Price? I can Order the Mars 2 too but maybe the Reflector are better for small tent? How much square foot for the 96x3W are ideal?

you will get good results with the 96x3 i have seen great grows with less wattage but its hard to give the plants too much light so i would say if your not worries about heat for price then go for the 144x5. i am actually using the light in my 4x2x5 and have low heat and amazing resin production!! i wont have the biggest yealds but i'm a new grower and have made a few mistakes along the way, feel free to stop by my journal

DSCN03989.JPG
DSCN034811.JPG
DSCN038011.JPG

hope this helps man

Aren't you at harvest time? Seeing a lot of brown trichs in that bud shot.

Thank you mate for your reply :D. I got a little bit lost about the new and old model of mars hydro. So you say buying the mars 400w would be the best option? (already thought about paying a little more to get better results). I dont know anything about reflectors I will check that onlyne later. Thanks again for your answer! Have a great night or day.

I have 2 Mars 400s in one tent and a 900 in the other. I am very happy!!! Look at some of my journals. I just chopped down my Super Silver Haze. She had some of the hardest densest buds I have grown. 3oz with 6 weeks veg in a 2 gallon pot. :peace:

Why are the old/new Modell 60x3 so Bad?

Not really bad they are built for a price to compete with the competition perhaps not as good quality as front line lights but for the price who can complain. I use mine as fill in light or for clones or seeds and if you are just starting it beats spending hundreds on something you might put in a closet next month and not use. Just be aware of their limits and enjoy them then if you decide later get the best you can afford, I don't think anyone here will say you can have too many lights

yes, old model series is really confusing for most ......

there is the NEW old models

and there is the OLD old models loll

OLD old models are with 3W chips and are of medium quality .... there is 3 OLD old models panels ... 180W (60X3) UFO (105W true watt), 300W (100X3) panel (170 true watts) and 600W (200X3) panel (340 true watts)

NEW old models are with 5W chips and are of bad quality ...... there is 2 NEW old model panels .... 300W (60X5) panel (130W true watt) and 600W (120X5) panel (260 true watt)

OLD old model are medium quality but are no more available (180W still i think) .... NEW old model are bad quality but still enought good to use it cause the price is amazing. you just need to use little less coverage for each and keep in mind they may not last as longer as others.

and finally ... the 300W and 600W NEW old models are little smalers in dimension than the OLD old models 300/600 panels

mars2 and reflectors series are good quality

"I'm as fake as a wedding cake
and I'm Vague and I know that I'm
Homopolitan
Pitifully predictable
Correctly political
I'm the new, I'm the new, new model
I've got nothing inside
better in the head and in bed
at the office
I can suck and I smile
new
new
new model
I can choke and diet on coke
I'm Spun and I know
that I'm Stoned and Rolling
lifelike and poseable
hopeless and disposable
I've got nothing inside
at the office
I can suck and I smile
new
new
new model
don't let them know how far you go
or that you use your "lovers"
oh look, you're like a vcr
stick something in to know
just who you are you
I've got nothing inside
at the office
I can suck and I smile
NEW
NEW
NEW model
NEW
NEW
NEW model
NEW
NEW
NEW model"​

God Bless
:peace:

think you have your pistils and trichomes confused trichs are the resin sacs that make the leaves and bud look fuzzy and need to be checked with a 25 to 60 X microscope
Here is a link that will explain it all it's worth the read for most all

What are Trichomes? Trichome 101

Thanks for the link, explains a lot. Something else I'll need to buy. How the heck does one check with a microscope, cut off a bud. Use one of the jewelers loupe things?

Thanks for the link, explains a lot. Something else I'll need to buy. How the heck does one check with a microscope, cut off a bud. Use one of the jewelers loupe things?

Most people use a Jeweller's Loupe and/or a USB microscope. I've tried both but found that the USB microscope was very bad quality so I now use my DSLR attached to a microscope, it works a charm:

IMG_074038.JPG

As for wattages I'm not keen on using 'LED watt' as a measurement as most manufacturers make vague claims as to their LED output. Best to stick with 35-50 actual draw wattage if you want a better measurement, thanks to Mars-Hydro for being open with that information for us.

Also Sara while I'm here I had a look at my Mars II 1600w today as the sticker was falling off, again I'm wondering what gives as I have green LED's in that and both of my 96x3 Reflectors. I'm wondering if you can check into this for me, as I'm certain these are green LED's. Here are some pictures for you to look at. I ordered from your site itself so I know that they can't be ripoffs (you dealt with me personally on both occasions that I ordered)

Here are the pics:

IMGP0660150715.jpg
IMGP0663150715.jpg
IMGP0667150715.jpg
IMGP0670150715.jpg
IMGP0673150715.jpg

What do you think, is this a faulty batch or are there supposed to be green LED's in your spectrum? Sorry for bringing it up but if you go through my latest journal where I'm growing with these I'm not seeing the expected results. Obviously there are a lot more things to take into consideration other than the lights themselves, but I'd like to rule the lights out of those considerations. :thumb:

your "green" leds are in fact ..... warm white leds .... its all ok ... i guess it is just an illusion or mirage cause the leds are very near from each others and the color is melting.

my advise for 96X3 reflector coverage .... around 3.5 square foot. 4 square foot maybe not bad too. the perfect fitting would be around 40cm X 80cm (or 1.33 X 2.66 foots) for 3.5 square foots total or little more if needed

you can expect a yeild of maybe 1/5 to 1/3 pound (90 to 150g) with that 96X3 reflector if your setting and skills are good. maybe more is you are really good.

even if the 60X5 old models are bad quality .... you will get more light power and flexibility with 2 of them than the 96X3 reflector. 2.3 square foot for each "new" old model = 4.6 square foots total ....... 96X3 reflector is 3.5 square foot. this is your choice.

Ok thx! Than i send the both 2x300 Watt (60x5) back to the Seller on eBay! The Reflector 96x3 Watt are to Buy for 165 USD is the Price and the Quality good for the Price? I can Order the Mars 2 too but maybe the Reflector are better for small tent? How much square foot for the 96x3W are ideal?

your "green" leds are in fact ..... warm white leds .... its all ok ... i guess it is just an illusion or mirage cause the leds are very near from each others and the color is melting.

They're green pal, I can see they're green. I don't see the blues becoming oranges or the reds becoming black due to some mystical mirage, they're green ;)

Rolling on floor laughing ..... :thumb:

"I'm as fake as a wedding cake
and I'm Vague and I know that I'm
Homopolitan
Pitifully predictable
Correctly political
I've got nothing inside
at the office
I can suck and I smile
new
new
new model
I can choke and diet on coke
I'm Spun and I know
that I'm Stoned and Rolling
lifelike and poseable
hopeless and disposable
I've got nothing inside
at the office
I can suck and I smile
new
new
new model
don't let them know how far you go
or that you use your "lovers"
oh look, you're like a vcr
stick something in to know
just who you are you
I've got nothing inside
at the office
I can suck and I smile
NEW
NEW
NEW model
NEW
NEW
NEW model
NEW
NEW
NEW model"​

God Bless
:peace:

i told you what Sara will say lol .... cause i ever asked the same question in email .... i think she is right after looking carefully. me too i was seeing them as green .... but as warm white now.

They're green pal, I can see they're green. I don't see the blues becoming oranges or the reds becoming black due to some mystical mirage, they're green ;)

I used my Method Seven glasses while looking, they're green. I looked without my glasses on, they were green. I took photographs of them that are white balanced, they're green lol. I won't be waking up and seeing warm white tomorrow just because I was told they are :)
All the best :thumb:

if they are really green, you have a problem for sure ....... will be nice to see what Sara will say ....... Sara we need you ..... lol

I used my Method Seven glasses while looking, they're green. I looked without my glasses on, they were green. I took photographs of them that are white balanced, they're green lol. I won't be waking up and seeing warm white tomorrow just because I was told they are :)
All the best :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom