Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

hey thanks sara,
yep 28 in pic, out of pic is 1 in cup and 1 in towel. getting ready to filler up.
they do seem to do something every day. especially if I haven't been to visit them in several hours.

and yes they do keep me hopping, lol.

:circle-of-love:Thanks for sharing with us.:thanks:They look awesome.:thumb:
1,2,3,.....28,28 girls in your tent,right?:goodjob:It must be a happy thing that you visit your girls everyday.:cheer: I'm sure every time when you visit them,they look different,they grow bigger everyday.:cheer:
They must keep you busy all the time.:bravo::bravo:

:party:We should start a party for you.:thumb:Amazing results.:thumb:
I want to taste one of them...:volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley:They look so delicious.:yummy::hookah:
So tonight you will cut them all,right? I'm more excited now.:surf::cheer:
You and your girls made my day.I will have a nice weekend now.:cheer:
Yesterday was the day which almost all growers salivate over, the day when their buds are dry, and ready for the official weigh-in before going into jars for an extended cure :grinjoint: I am extremely excited with the results that I got on my second grow with MH lights in terms of quality and quantity, so had to share!

A little background on this grow: The plan for this grow was to grow 4 plants and veg/scrog them for ~2 months to fill a 8.5' x 3' screen under ~1350 W of MH Lights (3 x MarsII 900's and 2 x Reflector 48's). Unfortunately, I had some issues with genetics and ended up with 2 runty plants and had to run only 2 plants this round instead. Due to time constraints, I vegged them as long as I could (approx. 12 weeks), but was not able to fill the entire screen during this time........that said, I ended up with two monster plants that DENSELY covered 6-6.5' x 3' of my screen. To try and max out yield for that area, I blasted it with all 1350 W of light at a distance of 12-13" for most of the grow.....there was only 1" of spacing between any of the lights, so these two plants received essentially as much lights as they could handle. Plants were in an ebb and flow hydro system, 1 x DNA Kosher Tangie and 1 x DNA Tangilope, flowered for 67 and 68 days respectfully. I did a 1st cut one week ago, taking all the the top, ripe buds that got the best light in a crowded scrog and left the bottom stuff along the screen to ripen up for another week. The buds were trimmed wet and hung to dry on drying racks for one week. They are now in jars, and I've done the weigh-in and took some pictures.....here are the results:

DNA - Kosher Tangie (Kosher Kush x Tangie)

This plant was flowered for 67 days, and took up approximately 35-40% of the SCROG surface area. This was an indica-dominant phenotype that closely resembled the Kosher Kush parent. Fat indica leaves, very tight internal spacing, smaller, round, very dense nugs. The buds are extremely sticky with insane resin production, they smell like lemony fuel with that musty/earthy/kushy funk. Here are some pictures of the first cut in jars as well as pictures of the 2nd cut (chopped yesterday) hanging in the dry racks:

IMG_181735.jpg

IMG_183525.JPG
IMG_184025.JPG
IMG_184122.JPG
IMG_182428.JPG

First Cut Dry Weight: 153g (5.46 oz.)

This was a very welcome surprise, as I kind of expected this plant to be a bit of a disappointing yielder due to the smaller bud size. There are a TON of buds though, and they are extremely dense which makes up for the lack of size. I'm estimating that the 2nd cut will give another 3-4 ounces once dry, and there is roughly 1/2 ounce - 1 ounce still on the screen to ripen for a few more days. This means that this single Kosher Tangie plant will provide a final dry yield in the range of 9 - 10.5 ounces. Extremely happy with this result!

DNA - Tangilope (Chocolope x Tangie)

This plant was flowered for 68 days and is being harvested in stages like the Kosher Tangie above. This was a sativa dominant phenotype that branched and stretched like crazy, filling approximately 60-65% of the SCROG area. Formed large, spear-shaped sativa buds that reek of citrus, fuel, and pepper.....very complex and interesting aromas from this plant. Here are some pics of the many jars it filled, along with some bud shots:

IMG_182033.JPG
IMG_182622.JPG

IMG_183325.JPG
IMG_182824.JPG
IMG_183220.JPG

The first cut was dried for a week, and the second cut will likely be tomorrow night.....9 days later.

First cut dry weight: 302 g (10.8 oz)

This plant is going to shatter my record for most dry weight from one plant. I estimate that there is another 3-4 ounces to be harvested in the second cut, putting this plant in the 14-15 ounce range. The 3-4 ounces remaining may be conservative (I find it very hard to judge weight on a crowded screen with tons of smaller buds), so there is a chance that this one plant could break the 1 lb barrier!

All in all, I will be looking at pulling 23-26 ounces from these 2 plants in a relatively small area once it's all said and done. Considering this grow did not go as planned and I didn't get to fill the screen as intended, I'm absolutely thrilled with the results. The quality is definitely there, running the lights closer together and closer to the plants made a significant difference compared to my first round flowering under these lights. Now for the excruciating 3-4 week wait for these delicious buds to cure before I can sample and submit smoke reports. I will pop back in a provide an accurate update once the 2nd and 3rd cuts have been fully dried and weighed. Thanks again Sara and the MH Team, I love these lights.....they are an absolute pleasure to grow with. It's been a hot/muggy summer and there is no way I could have gotten away with running this kind of wattage in HIDs without lots of expensive A/C.

:bravo:Thanks for supporting us.:thanks:
I will tell this information to our factory.:Namaste:If you got any issuse,please feel free to tell me here.We will try our best to offer better service.:high-five::high-five:
How is your girls recently? I'm sure they are having a happy growing.:bravo:
Hey Sara love your lights I now have 14 of them as I just had one more arrive today :thumb: . Just one comment you lights have always come with the 4 hanging cables and two carabiner clips however the last few orders have only come with one carabiner clip? Supporting lights from one common point is not the best and have to always go buy that extra clip. I know it's a very small issue for the great lights however maybe something you can look into.

Then my counting is right,my math teacher will be very happy for that.haha.But you have 29 girls in total:bravo:
They are like kids,everyday they are changing.:cheer:And parents always love their kids,they will take good care of them.Just like you did.:thumb:
hey thanks sara,
yep 28 in pic, out of pic is 1 in cup and 1 in towel. getting ready to filler up.
they do seem to do something every day. especially if I haven't been to visit them in several hours.

and yes they do keep me hopping, lol.

Our Germany warehouse is moving these days,so they didn't update the information on time.I'm sorry for the inconvenience.:Namaste:We will try our best to get these thing done in one or two weeks.:high-five:Then everything will back to normal.:Namaste:
If anyone purchase from EU countries(except UK),we will send goods from Germany,if Germany warehouse is out of stock,we will arrange goods from UK warehouse,and you may need to pay some extra shipping fee.:Namaste:
We will make sure the arrival date of the new goods to Germany warehouse on the coming Monday.
Mars II 1600 is out of stock at our UK and Germany warehouse,if anyone need to purchase Mars II 1600 from UK&Germany warehouse,need to wait.:Namaste:Or you can check on other lights.:high-five:
Mars II 900 is out of stock at our UK warehouse,the new goods have arrived at UK port,after we finish the custom clearance,they will send to our UK warehouse as soon as possible:Namaste:
Reflector 96,Reflector192 and Mars II 400 are out of stock at our Germany warehouse.:Namaste:If any grower needs to purchase,we can arrange goods from UK warehouse for you,and you need to pay extra shipping fee.:high-five:
We can make sure the date of when will the news good arrive at UK&Germany warehouse on the coming Monday.:Namaste:
07_15_stock1.png

:circle-of-love:If anyone is interested in purchasing a Mars Pro II light,can contact with us now,and you can get a free Par38 LED grow light.After the Mars Pro II arrive at our international warehouse,you will miss the chance.:high-five:Hurry up guys,quantity in each warehouse is limited.:cheer:
Mars Pro
:party:Our Mars Pro II series will arrive at US, UK, CA, DE warehouse pretty soon,:cheer: In order to celebrate that we are gonna send a Free Par 38 LED grow light to those who pre-order the Pro II series LED.:welcome:
7_15_par38.jpg

07_06_Mars_Pro_II.png

Arrival Time:
US: July 20th
UK: around August 20th
DE: around August 20th
CA: August 10th

Thanks Sara, I'm very happy on this end, my expectations were exceeded this round, and I'm thrilled with the quality and quantity of medicine that the MH lights helped produce. BTW, I finally had the time to set up my new MH tent, and I'm very impressed with the build quality of this thing. I used a tent when I first started growing, and I paid quite a bit more money for a far flimsier tent. This will make a great veg tent and allow me to go perpetual and produce medicine every 2 months from now on.

Hope you have a great weekend!

:party:We should start a party for you.:thumb:Amazing results.:thumb:
I want to taste one of them...:volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley:They look so delicious.:yummy::hookah:
So tonight you will cut them all,right? I'm more excited now.:surf::cheer:
You and your girls made my day.I will have a nice weekend now.:cheer:

Hope everyone's week end is off to a good start I got no complaints about anything and no comments just nosing around. Here's a new pic of whats up in my little slice of paradise.
All grown under the mars series 2 400w going into flower next week.
4x cream caramel from sweet seeds. The back right one got a defoliation it's pretty much become my experiment plant
Happy Shatter day
2012-07-30-303.jpg

I agree the Mars hydro tents are great. I bought two far more expensive tents that were not MH, recently I just got a used MH this tent far exceeds the quality of the two previous tents I have. Any one looking for a tent go MH!

It's so good to hear that,I'm happy cause you are happy with this run results for your girls.You took good care of them, and they did amazing job. They really look delicious .When you smoke it, please tell me what is the taste...maybe like strawberry ,haha.
And thanks let me know that your girls had a happy time with out lights.
So how many seeds you will put in the new tent? I cannot wait to see them grow up.
Thanks Sara, I'm very happy on this end, my expectations were exceeded this round, and I'm thrilled with the quality and quantity of medicine that the MH lights helped produce. BTW, I finally had the time to set up my new MH tent, and I'm very impressed with the build quality of this thing. I used a tent when I first started growing, and I paid quite a bit more money for a far flimsier tent. This will make a great veg tent and allow me to go perpetual and produce medicine every 2 months from now on.

Hope you have a great weekend!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 420

I should say happy weekend.
You are not nosing here, I'd like to talk with you here, I think other grower here feel the same way.Thanks for stopping by.
They got big leaves, I love it.Even after defoliation, they look good.
Please say "hi" to them for me.
Hope everyone's week end is off to a good start I got no complaints about anything and no comments just nosing around. Here's a new pic of whats up in my little slice of paradise.
All grown under the mars series 2 400w going into flower next week.
4x cream caramel from sweet seeds. The back right one got a defoliation it's pretty much become my experiment plant
Happy Shatter day
2012-07-30-303.jpg

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 420

Hello Densenug,how are you recently?
Nice scrog,there are two girls, but they look more than two there. They did good job.
You will harvest them today? Please keep us updated, I am sure you will get great yield.
Here is a couple Golden Goat, Day 68 of flower, harvesting today. Under old style mars lights in a 30 in x 60 in scrog.:thumb::volcano-smiley:
7-16_008.JPG
7-16_007.JPG
7-16_006.JPG
7-16_005.JPG
7-16_004.JPG
7-16_003.JPG
7-16_002.JPG
7-16_001.JPG

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 420

Have a nice weekend BC grower.I'm glad to hear that you are happy with our tent. Now our engineer design a new tent, you may interested in it. We did some change above the zipper seam from inside to prevent light leakage.
This new tent , we didn't produce yet,if you have any ideas, you can tell us .
867b067661f7da523d71796fe325b04f.jpg

7b76d727b5234361f21abaee11268bfc.jpg

I agree the Mars hydro tents are great. I bought two far more expensive tents that were not MH, recently I just got a used MH this tent far exceeds the quality of the two previous tents I have. Any one looking for a tent go MH!

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 420

Yeah weekend is going great Sara. One question though. why is shipping so much on the yo-yos? I mean they got literally no weight to them.... I'll just get them locally but really them little extra items could be real big money.

If you want ideas for your tent. Every tent I have had, I always end up adding extra bars on the top for hanging lights and filters. Would be nice if they had extra cross bars. Even if the extra cross bars were an add on option so not everyone has the extra cost if they do not require.

Back
Top Bottom