Mars Hydro Pro Series LEDs

I love co finest and his grows are awesome but I will also be testing out the mars pro epistar 160 led in my current grow if you wanna see another grow under the light

Ok cofinest we know you grow well ive lurked your grows for a while... can you include your minimum and maximum temps? Alot of questions about this light havent been answered... hows the pentration at the corners? Can this light be used for more than scrog grows? Some grow in small spaces others grow in rooms... is it viable for larger plants say dwc in buckets? Sorry to seem like a dick just wondering about these things... ps do you run a humidifier with these light?

I never use humidifiers, growing with soil I use exhaust fans and intake to lower or raise it. The light is stronger then there normal LED with it being C.O.B it will do better getting deep penetration. My temps can run from 68-78, I like them from 70-72. I just flipped it to 12/12 so now waiting on the buds to grow to see what it will do. Right now the plant is the same all the way out which I know is to much for this light but it is working. I would say I am running it to cover 16sqf plant right now and the corners are the same as the middle right now but it way to early in flower to say. I have not said much for being in veg and just now going into flower so you will be hear more real soon. I say any C.O.B can be used on more the scrog for sure and do better then any non C.O.B in its power range. This light could be used in small places no problem the heat is so low it will not over heat the small rooms. Your ? about large plants is yes it is, that is what I grow with soil and R.D.W.C. The only difference is soil takes longer but size is same.Keep in touch and if I miss something you need to know please ask and I will go over it. It is in full flower now so things and info are going to pick up quick. Thank you for stopping by :passitleft:

This journal and your videos are the only Pro Series reviews I'm able to find. I'm waiting in anticipation for your next update.

:cheer:

Coming soon my friend. We just went into flower.

!i just got my mars epistar 160LED! youve been a hero to me and am very glad i can test a light along with you CO :circle-of-love:

I like the Pro Cree series,the 256,but what is its par and footprint at lets say 24 inches from floor?

Is it brighter than the Mars 2 1600?
Is there any videos showing its par,footprint or temp readings of any of the Pro Cree series?Not epistar.

I only have the 160 so I have no idea about the 256. I have a par meter but could only do the 1600 and the 160. I have not seen anything on the Cree so far and if anyone has please post where. I do have some new Crees but not from mars hydro I will be showing soon. I wish I could help you on this but I got nothing on that right now. If I do get one I will get you all the info you want.

!i just got my mars epistar 160LED! youve been a hero to me and am very glad i can test a light along with you CO :circle-of-love:

Right on . Once you getting it going you will like it and not even think its only 160. C.O.B lights are outstanding and seem way brighter then normal L.E.D Which you will see. I bought two other C.O.B for different companies and yep they are bright with a lot of good par. Grow 2x2 to go deep or 4x4 scrog to go high and wide.

420mag please private message me I need to ask you a few things. Thank you.

I've read Pro Series is still being tested so when will it be at US warehouses?

you can order them but they ship from china, shipping is already incluede in price. havent heard if they plan on stocking in all warehouses though

Thanks cofinest. Im just curious hows this thing compare to the mars 2 leds with heat... anything bigger than the 900 and it makes alot of heat.... better or worse jn your opinion. Fyi i run the 1200 in a 1m x1m

Thanks cofinest. Im just curious hows this thing compare to the mars 2 leds with heat... anything bigger than the 900 and it makes alot of heat.... better or worse jn your opinion. Fyi i run the 1200 in a 1m x1m

The pro run a lot cooler hands down. With the C.O.B the light (par) is stronger also the way the made the pro it runs was cooler. The 1600 is a awesome light but runs hot in 5x5 texts or even my 5x10. I can run it no problem in my 5x10 but I move a lot of air in there and have good cool air going in.

Ok update..
The 5x5 is in flower so let the fun flowering begin. Now we will see what this light will do to its max good foot print all the way out to its weak points. So far the light has run flawless. The stretch is perfect and even all the way out so it did good even on 16sf. So here is some pic's where we are and I will be posting more as soon as I see a change.
SAM_14433.JPG

View image in gallery

Thats impresive man im surprised how well it did in such a big area!!! :goodjob: great update and i hope you dont mind but i just started my Mars Pro Epistar 160 grow and figured id post a link here in case ppl want to see another grow under these lights but your def the king CO Finest!!!

Mars Epistar Pro Series 160 LED Tester Grow: Dark Dragon SCROG

How do you compare Pro Series to Sun Series?
Same type of cobs or different.
You think its going be able to flower the whole 5 by 5?
Another quick question, I was using 2-144*3 and I got a 144*5.144*5 much better.Some say same LEDs as in Mars 2???
I'll either get one more 144*5 or the Mars 2 1200 for a 4 by 4.
Do you think 2-144*5 will do better than Mars 2 1200 in a 4 by 4?Finally all Mars 2 have both switches like 1600.
Sorry about all the questions.

How do you compare Pro Series to Sun Series?
Same type of cobs or different.
You think its going be able to flower the whole 5 by 5?
Another quick question, I was using 2-144*3 and I got a 144*5.144*5 much better.Some say same LEDs as in Mars 2???
I'll either get one more 144*5 or the Mars 2 1200 for a 4 by 4.
Do you think 2-144*5 will do better than Mars 2 1200 in a 4 by 4?Finally all Mars 2 have both switches like 1600.
Sorry about all the questions.

The pro is way more improved c.o.b style light. Its got better spectrum and full control over spectrum. So you can use as little or as much as the light has all with the controller. It will flower a 5x5 but would not be good lol. I would not have the power or be able to cover that foot print with it having to be so high in the room to even try and cover. I am pushing it to its max at 4x4 which is why I flipped it before it filled all the way out to 5x5. I would not use it in anything bigger then a 3x3 if I was trying to do a real grow but this grow is only to give myself the info I need so I know how I can push the light and showing you all at same time. I do this to every light I have to see where they do the best. By growing like I do I can see real easy by the buds from inside to out where the light was no enough so when I go for round two grow I know right where to put it. So I hope I can pass the info so others can just get it right from the get go.The Sun works but to me it did better when I added the extra red with the ufo led. Both brighter then any non c.o.b led at there power range hands down. Now for your ? I will say hell yes two 144x5 will beat one 1200 any day inn a 4x4. Just having the full power over cover the foot print right there will do better. The power will be about 100+ watts less with two 144 but that 1200 will not cover that 4x4 anywhere near two 144 and if you ever go to 5x5 the 144 will still cover no problem ever. I would say hands down one more 144x5 run two in a 4x4. More light coverage lower temps. As far as I know not all mars had the bloom and veg switch. I think the 900 and smaller mars II don't. I might be wrong but that is the last that I knew about. I hope I helped with my thoughts on what you were looking for. I wish you the best thank you for stopping by. :passitleft:

Thanks!!!
Ive been considering 1200,1600 or 144*5.144*5 made sense, sense I already have 144*5.So thanks,I was twisting in the wind and I would have wasted money.
The 144*5 is much better than 144*3.144*5 has much bigger fruits and leaves like it much better.The 144*3 didn't have cooling fins but 144*5 does.

One last question?I read or seen a video were you used coco coir\perlite as a mrdium.I never give water only cycles but feed every watering.I did water is only on my 1st run and ph lockout but just in time for final flush and colas look great..I was using AN ph perfect and they say also to feed every watering.If my ec gets high I run at least an ec of 0.6 through it until I get it back to where I wamt it and to stop leaf tip burn and akso by feeding with at least 0.6 its supposed to keep ph stable whereas water only washes out the buffers and ph can start drifting.This was from canna FAQ and during Harvest then use ph water only but I see others who feed water ...feed.
So far feeding each time works but I go through nutes very fast and I do at least a 30% runoff,sometimes more.I keep getting red streaks up main stalk and after mid bloom any stalk stem not covered by buds,leaves, etc turns red.I've tried many things but yeild is good so I gave up.I didn't have issue im soil or in soil\coco mix.

When you water only are you adding any supplements at all to help get a buffered or at or over 0.6?
Any ideas on red upper stalks,leaf stems and red streaks up main stalk.I'd describe it as raddish red with a touch of purple or blue.
Thanks for the help!!!!I'll get another 144*5 then hopefully the Flagship of LEDs,Pro Cree 256 or 2 128 cree

Nice grow you have going here CO. Since you have more experience with these lights and Mars, I have a 4x3.5 grow area and was going to buy lights today until I came across your thread. I was going to purchase (2) 1600 Mars hydro panels which I know will cover more than the area I have but then I seen you mentioned 144*5 in a post and I thought to myself, I would have even more coverage if I was to purchase (3) 144*5 which would be cheaper than buying the (2) 1600, or even buying (2) 192*5 reflector than the 1600.

Nice grow you have going here CO. Since you have more experience with these lights and Mars, I have a 4x3.5 grow area and was going to buy lights today until I came across your thread. I was going to purchase (2) 1600 Mars hydro panels which I know will cover more than the area I have but then I seen you mentioned 144*5 in a post and I thought to myself, I would have even more coverage if I was to purchase (3) 144*5 which would be cheaper than buying the (2) 1600, or even buying (2) 192*5 reflector than the 1600.

IMO the reflectors are alot better for things like scrogs and sog, pretty much where you manicure the canopy to be even and thinner then normal as the coverage is better but the diodes are spaced further apart so a bit less penetration. were tha mars2 lights have great intensity in flower but a shorter footprint you can get away with less training and defoliation (i would still recommend both with LED though)

IMO the reflectors are alot better for things like scrogs and sog, pretty much where you manicure the canopy to be even and thinner then normal as the coverage is better but the diodes are spaced further apart so a bit less penetration. were tha mars2 lights have great intensity in flower but a shorter footprint you can get away with less training and defoliation (i would still recommend both with LED though)

That's my dilemma, I plan on starting to grow strictly autos where there isn't much training (scrog or sog) and deciding on lighting now. But I would figure that (3) 144*5 in a 4x3 space would be just as good as (2) 1600 mars II? Or am I just trying to convince myself on saving money? lmao

That's my dilemma, I plan on starting to grow strictly autos where there isn't much training (scrog or sog) and deciding on lighting now. But I would figure that (3) 144*5 in a 4x3 space would be just as good as (2) 1600 mars II? Or am I just trying to convince myself on saving money? lmao

it really depends on situation but i have both and honestly feel the reflectors are a bit better but just my opinion. so personal recommendation would be 3 144x5 panels

Back
Top Bottom