Mars Hydro Pro Series LEDs

Thanks again cofinest... and i hear you on the huge amounts of air you need to move to cool thr 1600. I got a 6 fan to cool a 3x3 and its pretty much on high all the time the 1200 is on

Long time no see Finest! Looks like your epic grows are still going strong. I am about to do some new lights as well so your info on the Mars stuff is great. I was an early TOP LED customer and still run a small tent on them. Time for an update though.

Beautiful garden! :bravo:

Does anyone know if Cree Series uses XPE ,XP-E2 or XPE-HEW.
The XPE-HEW that can reduce led count by 50% and give same performance while the XP-E2 are colors and may be updated XPE.
All are considered to be of the XPE family.

Hey Finest - Love it! I'm new to the LED game (and this forum), but over the last few weeks have read almost every one of your posts. Thank you!!! I'm looking to start my 5x5 SCROG flower tent. I know you really like the 144x5, I would use 3 of them. Or I'm considering the Pro Epistar 320. Price isn't too much different. Just wondering what your opinion would be or if it is too soon to tell with the pro series. I'm pretty much going to mimic your set-up as I think it is about the simplest, cleanest set-up I have seen yet. You're awesome! Thanks again.

Thanks again cofinest... and i hear you on the huge amounts of air you need to move to cool thr 1600. I got a 6 fan to cool a 3x3 and its pretty much on high all the time the 1200 is on

There are mods you can do Mars lights that really help. You can search around for examples but the two main ones are (1) to cut away the casing grilles (top of fan, side of case) and it dramatically improves airflow and (2) replace the fans, get a PC fan that really gets the air moving, something really good like the Corsair Air Series SP120 Performance. That'll drop your heat by a few degrees C (several degrees F).

A separate clip-on fan blowing towards the Mars light screen is also said to help.

Hey Finest - Love it! I'm new to the LED game (and this forum), but over the last few weeks have read almost every one of your posts. Thank you!!! I'm looking to start my 5x5 SCROG flower tent. I know you really like the 144x5, I would use 3 of them. Or I'm considering the Pro Epistar 320. Price isn't too much different. Just wondering what your opinion would be or if it is too soon to tell with the pro series. I'm pretty much going to mimic your set-up as I think it is about the simplest, cleanest set-up I have seen yet. You're awesome! Thanks again.

Thank you I appreciate the kind words and you taking your time to go though all of my journals. I would have to say for the pro series its two early for me to say. I have to see it do its thing all the way though flower before I say its good. i can say the mars and reflectors work and do real good and I will also say I still think in all my grows the 144 have done better then all of them not counting the pro series by not knowing. The reflectors put off more red and ir so I believe is why I see better buds. I shown this many times in my videos and might be able to see in some of my pictures. The side were the mars 1600 is its more purple blue on the walls and the side with reflectors are pink and red. I have grown 20+ years and learned fast, simple clean and consistent brings me nice good smelling grade A colas. Now to give you a preview of my growing boredom I have at times I have just flowed out 1 year 8 month old mothers that was fun and now working on a plant to fill a 5 foot by 12 foot scrog area just to do it. Sometimes I do things just to see and learn from.Not sure what lights I am going to use yet. I might pick up two more 144 and do it with five 144 and one 192 lol. Do not know yet but its coming soon. More on that later. I am sorry I can't really help you on the answer for the pro series but I only say what I see for my self being its my name on the line I do not fake shit. Real home grower and broke most of the times my self. I wish you the best and I will be posting updates now that I have my pro series in week three of flower.

Week two in flower. The plant has nice good even finial stretch going on. Everything looks outstanding so far. The light is doing good outside of the two foot range but this is only the finial stretch time. Flowers are just starting so I will start seeing a lot more of what this light will do very soon. By week four will show whats really going on.
SAM_15081.JPG
SAM_1507.JPG
SAM_15061.JPG

Hey CO, I'm trying to figure out the whole remote control thing. Like say you change the batteries. Would that reset all your programming? If the remote control dies would the lights switch off?

I tried it by taking out the batteries and it kept my programming. Not sure about how long it would take to lose the programming with out them.

The chemdog sour d is doing real good. The strain is real hard to get and takes a lot of care to get it though flower. We are half way in flower.
SAM_15162.JPG
SAM_15171.JPG
SAM_15183.JPG
SAM_15192.JPG

When you send your setting to light it stays until you re send another.

So do you think I'd be able to use 2 but give each one their setting without changing the one next to it?

Yes you can. I replaced a control and know each remote is only programmed for that one board in the light. Now I dot know how many programs they have set but sure you would not run into having one remote controlling two lights. Now what I would like to find out from Sara is if we can order lights using the same frequency so if we could put two + lights in grow room and all in sync.

looking good brotha, cant wait to see how the scrog turns out! :volcano-smiley:

Back
Top Bottom