MassMedMan's Greenhouse

Hell yeah. I'm gonna make something patriotic for my garden or at least buy a flag for out there. Not a green cross flag though. Garden needs a little red white and blue

Dutty Panty said:
-... Ok guys here's my first year garden. All tips and criticism welcome. I

Thanks again Rudy. Anything you want let massmedman know. Pick any strain available and I'll get it for ya.
Rule #1 Make room for more tomatoes.

Rule #2 Repeat Rule #1...>>>

Put them in your greenhouse. .they like it hot. And they like dry periods just like other plants you grow.... ;)

our tomatoes here in the greenhouse got blight after a nice wind storm last year.. its getting sad.. i've failed at growing tomatoes for a couple years now because of blight..

our tomatoes here in the greenhouse got blight after a nice wind storm last year.. its getting sad.. i've failed at growing tomatoes for a couple years now because of blight..

You're location could be tough, I'd talk to the local farmers and see what they do,, wind is tough. I have some natural wind breaks, but, I still get high winds. Good luck bro

Had a lot of rain the past two days,, everything we didn't get last month, plus two buckets.

GREAT, for my garden and beans I dropped,, I see 80% of them,, sun the next few days will bring that number up. All tomatoes look great,, gave them some Neptunes fish fertilizer before the rain,,, very green. Planting my pumpkin seeds soon,, heavy rain,, very good...

Good night everyone ;)

Take your affected tomatoes/plants to a local County Extension and they will tell you for sure what you have. For more in-depth testing they sometimes send it to a University. You have to know what disease or problem you've got before you can begin treatment.
Here in Michigan it is mostly Septoria Leaf Spot which I treat with Serenade. Serenade is for use with organic gardens. I do not use poisonous pesticides or herbicides. But I would if absolutely necessary, but it's not usually for the smallish gardener. Only for the person who grows thousands of plants and he or she is saving their livelyhood. Late Blight is the worst. From what I've seen it usually takes years to "sanitize" the soil, and some say to even remove it. BB

Take your affected tomatoes/plants to a local County Extension and they will tell you for sure what you have. For more in-depth testing they sometimes send it to a University. You have to know what disease or problem you've got before you can begin treatment.
Here in Michigan it is mostly Septoria Leaf Spot which I treat with Serenade. Serenade is for use with organic gardens. I do not use poisonous pesticides or herbicides. But I would if absolutely necessary, but it's not usually for the smallish gardener. Only for the person who grows thousands of plants and he or she is saving their livelyhood. Late Blight is the worst. From what I've seen it usually takes years to "sanitize" the soil, and some say to even remove it. BB

Been meaning to reach out to ya,,, just straight out non stop. I'll send you an email tomorrow about those tomatoes.... I'll be dropping pumpkin seeds soon... update soon, too.

Hope all is well my friend ;)

Video update. Longer then I wanted but there's a lot going on. Wait a month,, then it'll be rocking!!! Thank you for watching, have a great weekend!!

[video]

Thanks, HunterNitro -- I love your gardens, too :0

Was an interesting day, came home from work today, went to check on my plants, left my slider open, came back in and had a hummingbird in my house, found it's way to my skylight.. I had to leave to go pick up the kids at daycare. Left my slider open, came home it was there, perched on the wood. Used a broom to corner it, hoping it would fly out the open door. Nope. Went back up with the broom, it decided to take a ride on the broom-- I walked it and the broom over to the door, it flew away. I think I get something like a badge for my cub scout uniform.

20150616_160637.jpg

20150616_170052.jpg

Here are a few picture of the Farm I'm working at. Was volunteering, but I guess they like me. Some fancy title, but I just get dirty, and carry the water.

Building a garden from scratch, lots of fun,, terrible soil -- been bringing in soil from my yard, my compost. Lots of work.

Thursday morning I am meeting the Marketing Director for Coast of Maine Organics. I reached out to them to see if they want to help. This is a 501c3 organization I'm working for, and COM is going to donate some amendments.

I am teaching them about Living Organic Soil -- not COM -- But the owners and my employers. They are amazed. I learned a lot here so thought I would share. We are going to run one bed with miracle grow. The rest will be LOS. I want to show them the difference,, telling people doesn't work.

20150616_153831.jpg

20150616_153757.jpg

20150616_153846.jpg

20150616_153815.jpg

20150616_153807.jpg

The LOS beds I have built from the ground up. Same way I mix soil for my MMJ plants, I was on the ground for the most part of today mixing soil, compost, amendments,,, we'll have a few crops growing in hay bales... this farm is for Veterans suffering from Traumatic Brain Injury. I have friends who suffer from that, and the lucky friend who was an EOD tech, and a very close friend. He got lucky and was KIA working on diffusing a roadside IED. I say lucky cause living with TBI is a nasty thing. But I miss my buddy Blake :(

This work has special meaning.

Been a little while for one of these..

[video]

Have a great day everyone!!

Little update on the new gardens at work..

Sun flowers getting bigger
20150705_101933.jpg

76 baby!!

20150705_101950.jpg

One miracle grow bed

20150705_101802.jpg

20150705_101751.jpg

The rest LOS, the vine just started itself on the sign...

20150705_101735.jpg

20150705_101816.jpg

Have a great day everyone!!

:thanks:

I'm two months away from starting to put much of what I grow outside. But, here's my, seed bank, and on the counter is last years batch. few were never opened, like the peppers.

And, little birdie told me my greenhouse plastic and ground cover are due Friday. Got a couple of vacation days coming up... watch this thing come alive.

Hey man, saw you're growing habs. I have TONS of varieties of hard-to-find hot chili seeds if you want to branch out next year! I'd be happy to do some sort of seed-swap next season...let me know!

Sorry to ask this now: Where did you get the Plastic from? I can't tell if the stuff I bought is UV resistant or not...or how much that even matters. Mine was $60 for 10x100 6mil at Lowes.

i want to say it 6 or 8 mil uv resistent. However, i think the grey underground pvc I used might degrade what i have. my goal was for it to last a year, and hopefully two. I got it from growerswarehouse I think,,, same place i got the black fabirc. I paid like 80 for a 12x25 remnant.

As far as Habs go,,, those are my workhorse for my salsa but they are not looking good so far. It's still early for them in my area,, but i think I'll need to get some help from the farmers markets to make my salsa this year. Biggest pest problems i have are on my pepper plants,,, like white on rice...... I would love to do some sharing with you, though. I get my seeds locally, nothing special, but share other seeds,, seeds are seeds so maybe if you set me up with some good pepper seeds i'll help you with seeds,,, since i have a few and far more than hab seeds.... we can talk.

thank you for checking in!

I'm going to do a video update soon. But, I had to tell you I saw the biggest huglekulture today. In the middle of the woods. I stumbled into it when I saw some huge leaves I thought was wild grape vines.

I have pictures. I'd say it was as big and shaped like a baseball diamond. Huge. I'm still amazed,, taking my wife to see it tomorrow. It's not just there by chance,, and I know the land owners and,, dint think it's theirs but it's way to big for them not to know...

Huge,, I'm talking somebody started by bringing in fifty large dump trucks of sand, then composted material on it,, I'm not exactly sure I was stunned and taking pictures, but it was quite the specimen. Pics later....

Okay, as promised... :Namaste:

[video]

Back
Top Bottom