Mephisto Genetics forum stomper: normal or problem?

metcalfr

Hi all. It has been a while since I have posted anything. I would love a little help. I may have an issue or this might be normal for this plant. Seed was popped on Feb 28th. Transplanted on March 10th into reamended soil containing gaia fertilizer 4 4 4 and 2 8 4, perlite, worm castings all mixed and cooked for a month. Receiving tea every 10 days. Watering every 2 days approx 2L water ph to 6.5. Calmag every second watering of 5ml per gallon. Rh 55 percent temp 65 to 78. COB LED 450 watt light. Three fans for airflow and a 6 inch inline fan with filter. This is the only plant that has mainly the new growth that has a very light green/yellow around the edges of the leaves. Other than this she has done well. Any thoughts?

20220410_120342.jpg

20220410_120347.jpg

Hello @metcalfr - they look like good plants, the flowers are great
Think I'd try lowering the pH slightly as the macro nutes all appear to be present but you could be missing B, Mb, Zn, S etc, which are all more readily available at the lower end of the range
I'd drop to 6.3, then 6.1 if it looks like it is helping

Thanks for the reply. I can give it a shot. The rest of the plants look good, however they are all different autos. I usually water at 6.5, but will see if the lower ph for water makes a difference. It can't hurt.
When you run organics like you are with compost teas you don’t have to pH. Why are you running CalMag with your compost teas?

Another point I’ll make is that you are not supposed to uppot autos. That said, I’ve never ran an auto but have always heard you plant your seed into its final pot.

If you’re seeing deficiencies in an organic grow it’s not lockout, so it must be that your soil doesn’t have enough organic matter for the microbes to break down, or you don’t have enough microbes to break the organic matter down.

What is your tea recipe?

When you run organics like you are with compost teas you don’t have to pH. Why are you running CalMag with your compost teas?
Hi,
The compost teas I run every 10 days. I was finding that my other plants were always having cal mag deficiencies midway through the run. After talking to several people I was told that when running LED lights often you need to ensure that you feed the plant calmag or you will run into deficiencies. With regards to the ph. I ph my water when I water. The tea obviously not ph.

Another point I’ll make is that you are not supposed to uppot autos. That said, I’ve never ran an auto but have always heard you plant your seed into its final pot.

If you’re seeing deficiencies in an organic grow it’s not lockout, so it must be that your soil doesn’t have enough organic matter for the microbes to break down, or you don’t have enough microbes to break the organic matter down.

What is your tea recipe?
I used the revs standard tea for verging plant. Next one will be flowering tea. I have always started off in a solo cup or small pot and then go right to a 5 gallon fabric pot. Have never had a problem with shocking the plant. I also like to do this as it gives me a chance to inoculate the roots with mycorrhizal fungi. All of my other plants look great.

1649764566976740507455011616051.jpg

16497645890462105884134155633175.jpg

16497646047795777086167504260355.jpg

Hey Metcalf, I found this pic in the problem solver(in the link below). Look like your iss

Calcium (Ca) -Macro Nutrient and an Immobile element.
Hi. It was kind of my thought. I have heard that some mephesto genetics plants require extra Ca and Mg. I am still unsure as i thought both Ca and Mg were mobile nutrients and would take from the lower leaves. Not really seeing that. It is more the new growth that im seeing the issue with.

Hey Metcalf, I found this pic in the problem solver(in the link below). Look like your issue?
1134Magnesium-11.jpg

Calcium (Ca) -Macro Nutrient and an Immobile element.

Copper Deficiency​

A copper deficiency is rare and manifests itself with backward-curved leaves, lack of growth, and unusual dark color of the leaves.

Cannabis-copper-deficiency.jpg
Cannabis copper deficiency
Copper does not readily move through the plant and is considered “low mobility.”

Cannabis-copper-deficiency..jpg

Solution:​

You flush (wash) your system well with water with good pH value. You feed the flower half of the right fertilizer it needs. Observe the plant cleans itself in a few days.

Copper Deficiency​

A copper deficiency is rare and manifests itself with backward-curved leaves, lack of growth, and unusual dark color of the leaves.

Cannabis-copper-deficiency.jpg
Cannabis copper deficiency
Copper does not readily move through the plant and is considered “low mobility.”

Cannabis-copper-deficiency..jpg

Solution:​

You flush (wash) your system well with water with good pH value. You feed the flower half of the right fertilizer it needs. Observe the plant cleans itself in a few days.
That's a strong contender Admin.

Hi. It was kind of my thought. I have heard that some mephesto genetics plants require extra Ca and Mg. I am still unsure as i thought both Ca and Mg were mobile nutrients and would take from the lower leaves. Not really seeing that. It is more the new growth that im seeing the issue with.
I'm not expert level here so I'm working like you looking at what I can find. Admin has another avenue to look down.

That's a strong contender Admin.
I personally hadn’t seen/heard of it before but the turned up leaves and the colors seem to match.

There was a better picture but had the other websites address watermarked so I took it out.

So.... thus far I did do a watering with the ph to 6.1 and I also gave some extra cal mag. I think I will top dress tomorrow with some gaia green power bloom 2 8 4 and 4 4 4 fertilizer with worm castings and see what happens. It will probably be a week before I see any changes. Will post the results. I might be chasing my tail as this might just be something normal with the genetic. Just like some lines have purple stems.

Back
Top Bottom