Michael Hunt's First Bubble Grow

HHMM good to know Butcher :thanks: Does the hygrozyme do the same as Hydrogen peroxide and can i use hygrozyme, karma, and calmag along with my GH nutes although they are not organic? I would really like to stay away from switching to a different lineup midway in this grow

oh yeah your cool to use them with eachother. Heres the whole article:

For the most complete line of organics and bio-organic products, the Botanicare series is available for container gardens as well as soil-less hydroponics gardening applications. Gardeners are able to achieve outstanding growth rates and produce enormous yields. The nutritional values in fruits, vegetables, and herbs are enhanced when using the series that Botanicare nutrients offer.

Botanicare
If you are serious about gardening, you may want to know answers to these questions…

•What is the most ideal pH? Between 5.8 and 6.2
•Can I use grow lights together with the fertilizers? Yes you can use fertilizers together with grow lights.
•Which American Agritech product is completely organic? These include Liquid Karma, Pureblend, Pureblend Pro, Clearex and Activit.
•Can I use humic or fulvic acid with Liquid Karma or Pure Blend Pro? No. It is already available in Liquid Karma and Pure Blend Pro
•What is the ideal water temperature? Between 68 and 72 degrees F.
•Can I use hydrogen peroxide with Pure Blend Pro or Liquid Karma? No. Hydrogen peroxide will kill off the beneficial microorganisms present in Pure Blend Pro and Liquid Karma
•What is the difference between Power Series and the Pure Blend Pro line? Pure Blend Pro is organic and Power Series is bio-organic with a combination of organic additives and inorganic salts.
•When should I use Cal-Mag? Cal-Mag can be used all the way from the vegetative stage to the fruiting and flowering stages.
•How often should I change my reservoir water? Every few weeks.
•Can I leave an aeroponics system running all the time or should I use a timer? That is optional. If a cycle timer is used, one minute on, four minutes off is ideal...

Does this help? Your cool to mix nutrients. YOu just have to watch for signs in your garden of how your plants react the combo. I use a variety of nutrients from different nute companies. As well as just using one whole line as well. But it depends on the grow.

Awesome Butch, That does help alot. i'll have to do some research on the hygrozyme and pick up a bottle this weekend.

Do you guys think i should run a flush for a few hours before i mix a fresh batch of nutes. I DID use hydrogen peroxide on the last res change with liquid karma added in so there is obviously going to be a problem there. JW if its worth the time to put in fresh water with the flush solution for a few hours, drain and replenish with a fresh batch, no H2O2 , cal-mag and karma added.

I'd start out fresh. Its better to start at ground zero then work your way up. The hygrozyme can get pricey, but they have a variety of sizes. It works, I never use nutes w/ out it. And if you ever decide to switch nutes, it'll be fine along w/ whatever line you decide to go w/. I use it on seedlings, fresh cuttings and pretty much all stages of growth except for flushing.

Fresh solution, no flush, no H2O2. Got it Butch! Just looked at the Hygrozyme online, wow that stuff is a bit pricey but 1 liter is $37 so hopefully a liter will last me a good while. What kind of ratios do you mix per gallon Butch? So i can determine if i should just buy a big bottle. I cannot wait to stop using epsom salts, It sends my PPM through the roof!!

Thank you to everybody that has been helping me out and adding their input. I really appreciate it guys (and girls). ;)

Well a flush would be good. Just to make sure everything is out of the root system. Better safe then sorry right? I use 1-2 tsp. per gallon depending on the stage of growth. cuttings and clones less. That big bottle lasted me forever!! I hate paying $40 bucks for a bottle, however no worring about the roots. And that make it worth it. Even if you get the smaller bottle, still worth it.

Safe is much better than sorry, sounds like a plan stan . . I mean Butcher haha. Should i do a 24hr flush, 48hr flush or just flush for a few hours then on with the new nutes? I dont want to flush them too long and allow the deficience to destroy any more leaves while there are no nutes in the tank.

24-48 will be good. Its all about getting anything locked onto those roots released. the flush will push the plant to use its stored up nutrients. So your cool. You'll see the difference in your roots, inturn will promote some good fresh growth. Just watch how white your roots get from the hygrozyme.

You got it. YOur on the right track.

And :goodluck: on the S.A.G.E..I will be doing some breeding w/ that strain here soon.

Oh and after talking to you about the hygrzyme I had to go get more. Theats when my lil shopping spree started. I end up spending another $100 us on toip of the $$ on th hygrozyme...LOL.... I swear going into a hydro shop is the hardest thing for me to do. I cant leave w/out spending way more then I intend to. But damn this hobby is the greatest..

I have the same exact "problem" man. Our local shop even stays upen extra hours for me when i cant get there on time because they know im coming to spend some $$ lol. since were on the money subject. Im really praying to get a harvest out of this since i have poured so much time and money into it and have yet to smoke a single homegrown bud of my own,

Any ideas on what you plan on breeding it with?

Got S.A.G.E. into her own bucket and took a bunch of pictures again. This time with a real camera and flash (not just a camera phone). After looking at the pics S.A.G.E.'s leaves look alot worse than i had thought. at least the damaged ones do, the rest are curled under around all of the edges, kinda like an upside down boat lol.

Heres the whole closet
0000000_007.jpg

0000000_008.jpg

PK and some PK roots
0000000_006.jpg

0000000_005.jpg

S.A.G.E. Very unhappy with me
0000000_002.jpg

0000000_003.jpg

0000000_004.jpg

And now a few of the Twisty clone roughly 2-3 weeks in flower, not really keeping track. Also a pic of my new veggies and fruits, theres cantaloupe, watermelon, chili peppers, bell peppers, habanero peppers, can you guess which are which??

0000000_001.jpg

0000000_009.jpg

0000000_010.jpg

yeah flush those babies. Are they in stright water right now? Oh and For breeding i'll be crossing it w/ well you'll have to stay tuned. Its my Lil side project. I'll be journaling it. Its just I dont want to jinx it, before I get it situated.

I hear that man, better knock on some wood for just talking about it lol.

And they are flushing right now, mixed in the flush half strangth, and 2 tsp of hygrozyme per gallon of water Ph'd to 5.9
The roots look even more brown after letting them sit overnight in the flush? I really hope i didnt screw something up here :scratchinghead:

No you'll be all good. As long as you cleaned out the rez. Before refilling it up. Your cool. Oh and if you change nutes and use the hyrozyme you can use it w/ h202. it says is on the bottle. What percentage. i dont know how they got it to work w/ it but its good to know that you can still get benificial bacterias, and still be able to use h2o2.

Back
Top Bottom