Mixed Grow: Rugburn OG, Cookie Ox & Double Banana Sherbert

Hey it won the Cannabis Cup.
Indeed and I do believe that it was on High Times list of strongest strain on earth a year as well. So I cant blame amything on genetics;)

Scott Reach bred several winners
Have u seen the new strains of RDs homepage? Looks more fire than a flame. Some new crosses with the RD#2 stud (Hindu Kush and Lemon Skunk with RD2 must be fire) and some crosses with a Pamelina father (Cookies * RD#2) matched up with (among others) 501st OG and Rugburn OG. I want all of the mentioned crosses.

I also read somewhere that RD will release a new and reworked Starkiller OG strain (RD apparently worked with getting the most out of these genes for quite a while).

I’ve run Starkiller and still have 200 seeds or so. Those are locked away in deep freeze.

Man I would have liked to pheno-hunt through all those seeds!

The Starkiller or 501st OG, Ghost Train Haze, Moonshine Haze and Ghost of LeeRoy are also on my "to grow list"

Have u been growing the Starkiller since the journal from 2016? Sure looks like top shelf smoke!

Starkiller was one of my first indoor strains along with GTH and Scott’s OG. I still have my original packs of Rugburn, Commerce City Kush and Moonshine Haze.

The Rugburns have 35, 36 and 42 (the Chemmy has 42) tops and a decent amount of buds down the totally 113 branches and the Sherbet has 46 tops and lots of stuff happening below the tops. Two of the OGs are filling out very nice and the Chemmy OG and the Sherbet is a little behind, but will probably come a long nicely. They are receiving less light than the to other Rugburns and that may give some explanation of the smaller nugs. I will get another quantum board, 320 watts within a week and so and think I will place it over Chemmy and the Sherbet for the last 3,5 weeks or so.

What was the GTH like, Pennywise? I actually read an article about that strain in 2013 which really fueled my interest for growing. Always wanted to grow the Ghost train:)

Took some pics of one of the Rugburns at the start of day 42. This one is the most stretchy and it has the most chunky nugs. 35 branches with bud tops. Drinks a bit more than the others. It stands almost entirely under white LED.

OG1.jpg

OG2.jpg

OG3.jpg

OG4.jpg

OG5.jpg

OG6.jpg

OG7.jpg

Most of the plant in the last picture (and some of "Chemmy" in the background:)

I like this plant; the nugs are frosty and getting frostier every day (The light on the pics covers up lots of the frost) it gets fatter quickly and build of chunky nugs that so far smell most of lemon zest with some sweetness in it.

You have something great ahead of you, then! Will try to get some good pics of the "salt frost rim on margarita glass" leaves within a few days. Lots of potential high bag appeal here and so frosty weed must be quite strong I would guess?

Damn it! Found balls on the plants. Probably some very cold temp, most def a grovers mistake. Only a few on the DBS and Chemmy, but more on the other Rugburns. Removed what I found. Mostly under buds or under branches...

Hopefully they stop throwing them out.
Hopefully they stop throwing them out.
Ok, note to myself: You shall not inspect plants for balls without your glasses on. The wife is still laughing and calling me old. The balls were single calyxes. Not easy to see them pistils when half blind...:)

Back again, lights on for day 46 a few moments ago

Everything looking great, except that the less than planned lights gives me smaller nugs on the Sherbet and the the outparts of the Rugburns.

Gave them 800ppm of Sensi A&B (40%/60%), Overdrive (ca. 200 ppm) and Carboload today. Some very small burns on the very leave tips, but nothing at all to worry about.

An observation: Plants grown under white LEDs beats the living s... of out plants grown under HPS.

Some pics taken half an hour ago:

Ch.jpg

Close up of nug on Chemmy

CL.jpg

Chemmynug to the right and "Large Lemmynug" on the left:)

CH.jpg

Chemmy once again:)
20190516_002150.jpg

Chemmy in front-middle, Large Lemmy in back-left, Small (HPS) Lemmy in mid-back and some sherbet in back-right. The screen is kinda full so the borderlines between the plants are rather fluid.

I like the Rugburn, both Chemmy and Large Lemmy. Its funny how Large Lemmy seemed like a floppy low yielder in veg, but by now its by far outperforming all the others in the yield-department and the Sherbet which seemed like a huge yielder in veg is a bit disappointing as we speek. However, I hope it will catch up the last weeks and the results will be a bit skewed since the Lemmys are getting more light than Chemmy and the Sherbet.

Smell is getting a bit more mature and deeper and some fuel/diesel are coming through in lemmys and sherbet. Chemmy has just intensified its allready great smell.

Temps at 26C and humidity in the low 40s.

Good speed to everyone reading the post:)

Back
Top Bottom