Modest Grower Tests Out Mars Hydro's FC6500

:nomo:

Last few days of chilling temps must have dipped the basements into purple temps. Starting to purpe-ifi. Not turpe-ifi so just calm down Shed.

:nomo:

Last few days of chilling temps must have dipped the basements into purple temps. Starting to purpe-ifi. Not turpe-ifi so just calm down Shed.
Yes sir, mi amigo! The temps are certainly dipping....probably lower than most would advise 55F or 12.7 C lights off but they don't seem to mind much. It does make biking to work a bit more exhilarating though.
20211215_143703.jpg

On the same topic, the males in the garage are not overly happy with the lights off temp but they seem to be throwing pollen so I may gather that tonight and pollinate the ladies....is it a full moon??

Yes sir, mi amigo! The temps are certainly dipping....probably lower than most would advise 55F or 12.7 C lights off but they don't seem to mind much. It does make biking to work a bit more exhilarating though.
Whoa!

Thats cold...i dont hit lower than 17 degrees.
And theres no biking in this :straightface:

Whoa!

Thats cold...i dont hit lower than 17 degrees.
Yeah, not ideal for a long term set up but I'm thinking this is my last grow here. I may (should) set up my heater on a timer to turn on and off periodically at lights out. Also added insulation on the window will likely go a long way. I will look into both before leaving for vacation on Friday

The GDP pollen was collected from the one male and applied (?) On a branch or two of each lady. Was pretty exhausted so I didn't capture too much of the action but here are some shots of the ladies. Dialed back the nutrients a bit as the somango obviously has nitrogen toxicity and the others are on the high end.

20211216_200107.jpg
20211216_195952.jpg
20211216_195918.jpg

Happy Friday! Also, Merry Christmas and happy New year as I won't be updating this thread too much if at all until I return first week of January. I have the automated system set up. I did a quick test run and it will turn on Monday Wednesday and Friday for 5 minutes.

Pardon the mess and fan on the floor. Its a working progress
20211217_151130.jpg
20211217_144707.jpg

Wow! You're braver person than I am. I don't know if I could leave my garden alone for that long.

Merry Christmas to you, too, MG! I hope Santa leaves your garden in pristine condition for your return.

Merry and happy MG! :goodluck: with the auto water while you're gone, and I'm thinking the pan under that splitter needs to be as big as the res if it's going to make a real difference. And make sure the splitter is secured to it since the water pressure is liable to toss it around if it does break loose.

See you in January! :ciao:
Yeah, I would be a little worried of a leak myself.

I agree with all of the comments of concern. In lighter news....here's the old man's CBD under my original mars hydro light. The cooler container was part of the set up I pictured to win this amazing light! Anyway, I think my dad is already better at growing than I am

20211220_185128.jpg

I have to be honest, I am very curious to see how the ladies are doing under the FC6500. If the automated system is running as planned and my math is in the ballpark, we should be in for a nice welcome back. @Mars Hydro lights have always been ones I praise.

Here are the buds finishing under my original mars hydro light. We are dialing back the nutrients a bit but not bad for a new grower. This is CBD that will help greatly reduce pain for my dad. We are forever grateful that websites like @420 exist and that sponsors support this. I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!

20211225_214533.jpg

Happy Monday 420 family! My apologies for the lack of posting of the 4x4 with my lovely FC6500. As I mentioned, I have been gone since December 17 or about 17 days as I am back in Canada!

Good news is the system functioned properly and not a drop was leaked (from what I can see). Bad news is the reservoir of 25 gallons was not quite enough to keep them going which in hindsight was fairly obvious. The ladies are alive but some took the drought harder than others. I'll take pics as is and then do a little clean up spruce up and show how they respond to their first full watering.

In other news I have one last post of the CBD plant growing under my original mars light. This plant will be harvested in the next couple of days and turned to CBD oil. Told my dad he needs to learn to wash buds this grow as they have two cats (visible evidence in pic).

20220101_191157.jpg
20220101_191151.jpg

The FC6500 turns on in about an hour and a half so I will water/feed and tend to the ladies and follow up with pictures later today. Thanks everyone for stopping by and thanks again @Mars Hydro for great lights that last at a great price.

Back
Top Bottom