MoldyBroccoli's First Time With Cannabis, 3x Sundae Strudel, 1x Krumpet

MoldyBroccoli

Hi there, first time on the forums for me but i've been a lurker for a long time, this is the first time i've ever grow cannabis but i went through some pretty extensive research into what to do before hand. First off, the genetics I'm running are as follows;

Strains:
3x Sundae Strudel (Cherry Strudel x Sundae Driver) bred by Cannarado Genetics
1x Krumpet F2 (3 Kings x London Pound Cake) bred by 42 Genetics

(Strains all source from Neptune Seedbank)
*included is also a B.S.E. x Z.O.G (Sour Best Shit Ever x 213 Zkittlez OG) male that will be going to a buddy of mine*
**Sundae Strudel seeds were placed into paper towel on Feb 24, 2020 . Krumpet Seedling was placed into paper towel, March 1, 2020**

Setup:
1x HLG 320w XL 3500k
1x AC Infinity T6 6" exhaust fan
1x 6" Vivosun Carbon Filter
1x 6" Vivosun Pole Clip Fan
1x Vivosun 36x48x80 Grow tent

Medium:
4x 5 gallon pots
Super Soil Mixed with a 50/50 blend Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Roots Organic 707
Each pot mixed with;
1/4 cup Humic Acid
1/2 cup High Nitrogen Bat Guano
1/2 cup Oyster Shell
1/2 cup Azomite
1/2 cup Fish Bonemeal

Progress as of 3/29/2020:

Good Day, MoldyBroccoli, Nice setup, Is this mix of soil your own recipe or did you find it somewhere? Did you start your seedlings in cups or move them straight into your pots. What is the Temp/Humidity in the tent.? Does your exhaust fan have a dimmer? I did not use mine until it started to smell, I just used a Duct fan to pull out some air to circulate the air and add more oxygen from outside the tent, worked great until it started to smell, I wish my exhaust fan dimmed to almost zero so I can dial it right in to where I need it, it sucks out any environment I try to create, very hard to tweek the Humidity and heat in the tent, hope you dont have this problem. Its cold here in winter and humidity is very low, last grow going on right now, will shut down for summer and try to grow some outside. Will be with you on this one. I noticed you are doing some LST did not do on my first grow, I let them go natural, I am doing LST to this crop of Diesel. Makes a big difference when done with topping the new buds during Veg. How long are you going to Veg? Are you going to use a scrog to help get a wider canopy? Will be here to to watch you grow. Cheers BudShark sends

Good Day, MoldyBroccoli, Nice setup, Is this mix of soil your own recipe or did you find it somewhere? Did you start your seedlings in cups or move them straight into your pots. What is the Temp/Humidity in the tent.? Does your exhaust fan have a dimmer? I did not use mine until it started to smell, I just used a Duct fan to pull out some air to circulate the air and add more oxygen from outside the tent, worked great until it started to smell, I wish my exhaust fan dimmed to almost zero so I can dial it right in to where I need it, it sucks out any environment I try to create, very hard to tweek the Humidity and heat in the tent, hope you dont have this problem. Its cold here in winter and humidity is very low, last grow going on right now, will shut down for summer and try to grow some outside. Will be with you on this one. I noticed you are doing some LST did not do on my first grow, I let them go natural, I am doing LST to this crop of Diesel. Makes a big difference when done with topping the new buds during Veg. How long are you going to Veg? Are you going to use a scrog to help get a wider canopy? Will be here to to watch you grow. Cheers BudShark sends
Hey there BudShark, thanks for stopping by. That's alot of questions but I'll try my best to answer all of them. Here goes lol; first off the soil recipe is a mix I made up just throwing something together, I could've probably gotten away with a bit more bat guano and/or put in some worm castings and I wish I had put a bit more oyster shell in for the boosted calcium but it's working and working very well for my first go around. As for what they were started in they were put into 1 gallon pots from the get go then vegged for about a month, put on 12/12 lighting for a week and switched back to 24/0 to determine sex and they went straight into 5 gallons where they've been for about a week. Temps are a consistent 70-80 degrees. My apartment is surrounded with brick so the heat stays pretty consistent and I like my place to be a certain temperature so either way i wont let it fluctuate too much and with humidity I'm honestly not sure but I dont think it's too off to worry about. As for my ventilation system yeah it has a dimmer from 0-10 it did have a thermostat that I could adjust it to change automatically whenever certain conditions occur but I accidentally dropped the thermostat probe on the water and broke it so it wont read the temp or humidity so I just keep the tent at a solid 4 and I can sleep with my head 10 inches away from the tent (my bed is right next to it lol). As for training and when I'm going to flip, I'm thinking about 1-2 weeks to get a few more tops and get about another 4 or 5 inches in height since they're only about 6-8" tall and as for scrog you guessed it that's exactly what I'm doing, how well do you think I did?

I also have some news on some new strains I got in the mail that I'm hoping on giving a go when I get another tent setup. Maybe when my coronavirus relief check comes in eh? Anyway here's what I got in the mail from Seedsman seeds.

1x Washing Machine
1x Tutankhamon
4x Dos-Si-Dos (Doing this one next)
3x Zombie Death Fuck (Doing this one next too)
1x Purple Queen
3x Blueberry
3x Ice Cool CBD
3x Jack Herer

All seeds are feminized.

Hello MoldyBroccoli, I think your mix is working well, the plants are a proof of that. Did you do the switch to 12/12 just to determine sex quicker.? Does not seem to have harmed the plants. I am going to look into finding a fan like this, mine sounds like a 747 engine at take off, its in the basement so not too much of a problem but a switch that would turn up and down or on and off at certain times would work great for me. Your plants look great, lots of nice tops, not stretching, never used a scrog but looks good, I think they will fill that space in no time, you might have to raise it a bit higher and let them grow into it as they grow. Looking good. Great seedmans is a great place, lots of variety and always increasing selection. I love 420 Magazine for this as well, great pictures of many strains, you can see what strains growers got, see them grow it and make a decision on what you want. Your next two strains are well documented and a great choice. Might show you a pic of my plants as soon as they start to show a little bit of flower. I am still working, got a 2 dollar raise, you will make more at home with your check. Lol Cheers Budshark Sends

Hello MoldyBroccoli, I think your mix is working well, the plants are a proof of that. Did you do the switch to 12/12 just to determine sex quicker.? Does not seem to have harmed the plants. I am going to look into finding a fan like this, mine sounds like a 747 engine at take off, its in the basement so not too much of a problem but a switch that would turn up and down or on and off at certain times would work great for me. Your plants look great, lots of nice tops, not stretching, never used a scrog but looks good, I think they will fill that space in no time, you might have to raise it a bit higher and let them grow into it as they grow. Looking good. Great seedmans is a great place, lots of variety and always increasing selection. I love 420 Magazine for this as well, great pictures of many strains, you can see what strains growers got, see them grow it and make a decision on what you want. Your next two strains are well documented and a great choice. Might show you a pic of my plants as soon as they start to show a little bit of flower. I am still working, got a 2 dollar raise, you will make more at home with your check. Lol Cheers Budshark Sends
Yeah they were just switched to determine sex, I originally had 9 plants but of those only the ones I have now turned female. If you've got a bit of extra cash laying around the one I'll got is very quiet for what it can put out. (My refrigerator is louder than this thing on setting 6) and honestly it's not much of a jump in price compared to other cheaper options that's awesome that you got a 2 dollar raise unfortunately at my job we havent gotten anything like that but at least we're essential so luckily I havent been laid off, on the contrary we're actually getting tons of new orders and are booming because of this virus.

MoldyBroccoli, If you have a few minutes look up the make, I will check it out, I have lots of time to source, winter is when its dry, no problem now. This Diesel strain that I am running does not have much smell, Just flipped them yesterday, I was thinking it was going to smell like a gas station in here. Will see, 1 month exactly from when they popped. I am in essential as well, part time min wage type, I put out the fruit and veg at the grocery store, gives me extra cash and the poeple have been really good. Lots of growers in your part of the world was some good cash back in the day, think this as all changed now, but I dont know really. I have been giving mine away to friends family and poeple in need. Getting some good compliments. Cheers BudShark sends

MoldyBroccoli, If you have a few minutes look up the make, I will check it out, I have lots of time to source, winter is when its dry, no problem now. This Diesel strain that I am running does not have much smell, Just flipped them yesterday, I was thinking it was going to smell like a gas station in here. Will see, 1 month exactly from when they popped. I am in essential as well, part time min wage type, I put out the fruit and veg at the grocery store, gives me extra cash and the poeple have been really good. Lots of growers in your part of the world was some good cash back in the day, think this as all changed now, but I dont know really. I have been giving mine away to friends family and poeple in need. Getting some good compliments. Cheers BudShark sends
You can find it on amazon for around 120$,I believe, it's the Acinfinity T6. I've heard diesel strains get incredibly stinky late In flower, hopefully you get a nice aroma whenever you open your grow room and get a huge whiff of what's in there. The grocery job is definitely more dangerous than what I do right now. I'm lucky enough to work production for a pretty decent wage at an industrial rubber company for large scale agricultural parts so I dont have constant contact with other people. Selling weed for profit has become something of the past here in California, theres so much of it that the price has gone way down. Dispensaries are still expensive but the black market has gone way down. I know a couple people who sell lbs for 500-800 each depending on the time of year. And 40-60$ oz are normal

You can find it on amazon for around 120$,I believe, it's the Acinfinity T6. I've heard diesel strains get incredibly stinky late In flower, hopefully you get a nice aroma whenever you open your grow room and get a huge whiff of what's in there. The grocery job is definitely more dangerous than what I do right now. I'm lucky enough to work production for a pretty decent wage at an industrial rubber company for large scale agricultural parts so I dont have constant contact with other people. Selling weed for profit has become something of the past here in California, theres so much of it that the price has gone way down. Dispensaries are still expensive but the black market has gone way down. I know a couple people who sell lbs for 500-800 each depending on the time of year. And 40-60$ oz are normal

Seriously though the outdoor prices on the black market are going crazy on the west coast right now.

MoldyBroccoli, Thanks for the info, 120 is affordable. I only get smell when I touch the plant, almost like its sending off scent to get me to backoff, very nice scent, cant wait for the smell, they have grown 10 inches in last 2 days only day 3 of flower or 12/12. Hope it gives good buds and a strong smell. Sounds like very good work, at this stage I think all working no matter what they do is helping the cause and keeping our lives as normal as can be expected. I thought this would be the case with weed prices, I don't smoke but I can see that prices are high online, also I can see all the poeple who got on the weed train and all the bud they have been growing with no place to sell it, i have no money invested in it, I think unless you can pick the last 3 horses in the race it will not pay. Sitting back and waiting to see how your grow is going. Cheers

MoldyBroccoli, that fan is exactly what I need. Thanks

2 days since my last photo update but the girls are filling out the screen very quickly. Girls are really short but they've got a ton of tops which I'm hoping to get at least 3 tops in each square before flipping. Also I think I might have been right about needing to add more calcium, the big sundae strudel has started having a bit of a deficiency but it's still growing strong so I'm not too worried about it. I'll just add some oyster shell to my top feed mix a week or 2 into flower.

Good Day, MoldyBroccoli, The majority of the plants have a very nice colour and showing health, some sagging in some spots and your problem area's. Do you have a Ph Meter if so I would when next watering is scheduled water until runoff to check the runoff ph. Are you using tapwater.? Just read that Humic Acid can react unfavourably to tapwater chemicals, off all the ingredients you added to your soil this is the one that I think could possibly cause problems. Trying to help, my knowledge in this is minimal at best, just trying to do a Sherlock on the situation. Dont know if humic raises or lowers the Ph. I am sure someone on here will add some comments to help you figure this out. Could be right with calmag, but i would think it would not be this bad so quick. Cheers Off to work, got to put out the veggies.

Good Day, MoldyBroccoli, The majority of the plants have a very nice colour and showing health, some sagging in some spots and your problem area's. Do you have a Ph Meter if so I would when next watering is scheduled water until runoff to check the runoff ph. Are you using tapwater.? Just read that Humic Acid can react unfavourably to tapwater chemicals, off all the ingredients you added to your soil this is the one that I think could possibly cause problems. Trying to help, my knowledge in this is minimal at best, just trying to do a Sherlock on the situation. Dont know if humic raises or lowers the Ph. I am sure someone on here will add some comments to help you figure this out. Could be right with calmag, but i would think it would not be this bad so quick. Cheers Off to work, got to put out the veggies.
Sagging was mostly my fault I've only watered the plants a handful of times this grow and this right before I gave them a drink. Unfortunately I don't have a ph meter for the soil but I'm not sure ph is the problem or the humic acid because none of the other plants have that problem, maybe it's a heavy feeder? Honestly not sure but it's only a few old leaves so far that I plan on stripping off anyway when I do an extreme defoliation before flower.

MoldyBroccoli, Great, glad to hear it. Pictures were taken so close and clear, make it look much worst than it actually is. Got to get ready for work again, slept in this morning. Cheers I got to go pack some bud for a friend, he says my buds are great, he is bringing me a bottle of Dominican Rum as a trade. All the best, be well and prosper.

It's been almost 2 weeks since my last post and there's been some progress in the garden, on April 6th I gave all the plants a very heavy defoliation to get the other tops a chance to grow a bit more and its been a resounding success, i've closed to doubled the amount of major tops and everything is much cleaner and more to my liking. Another thing i noticed over time was that i didn't realize how tall the plants were getting and i started seeing light stress progression with the light being 20 inches away i since moved it back up to 30 inches and all that light stress seems to have stopped. And one more note and probably the biggest is that i just bought a new light from Budget LED and a 5x5 tent upgrade to go along with the light so that should be a bit more exciting than this little dinky setup ive got going right now.

Anyway here's the progress on the 4 girls as of 4/12/20

Wow, great progress, I justed finished my second defoliation as well, your really getting that scrog to work for you, good idea with the light. I have a 5x5 tent as well, I like the extra room, I just grow 4 plants but I use 7 gallon pots takes allot of room. Wish I had a scrog, my grow would be much easier to manage and keep plant tops where I want them.! What kind of light did you purchase, I have been looking for a LED but waiting to see if the prices go down, will be growing outside soon, just purchased some Phoenix Big Yield auto Fem seeds for that. My neighbors will be able to watch them grow from their patio. Lol My fence is 8 feet and closed in but still not high enough for stealth. Glad to see your progress. Cheers

Wow, great progress, I justed finished my second defoliation as well, your really getting that scrog to work for you, good idea with the light. I have a 5x5 tent as well, I like the extra room, I just grow 4 plants but I use 7 gallon pots takes allot of room. Wish I had a scrog, my grow would be much easier to manage and keep plant tops where I want them.! What kind of light did you purchase, I have been looking for a LED but waiting to see if the prices go down, will be growing outside soon, just purchased some Phoenix Big Yield auto Fem seeds for that. My neighbors will be able to watch them grow from their patio. Lol My fence is 8 feet and closed in but still not high enough for stealth. Glad to see your progress. Cheers
Yeah, the scrog definitely is a big help, makes the training 10x easier than tying the branches down. I'm planning on stuffing in 6 plants in 7 gallon pots each, in my 5x5 using Budget LED's Series 2+ Rspec 350w model (The one I just bought.) and My HLG 320w Rspec v2 XL. I also bought another small light from HLG and went with their 135w v2 Bspec light which says only has a 3x3 veg foot print but i'm okay with there being a 6 inch gap on the sides of my 3x4 tent before i move it into the flower room. Would love to see those Autos of yours outside and see how big they get. A buddy of mine told me his autos usually only yield about an oz or 2 when he grows them outside and by the look of them they never really got more than 2 ft tall are yours super autos by any chance?

Its the day before 4/20 and I've got a little update on my girls, I sent them into flower the day after my last post. I did another really heavy defoliation to get ready for flower gave the girls a drink and switched the light cycle. The girls have already started to perk up and i think i've got 2 winners to take for clones. First off Krumpet in the bottom right is looking to be my favorite, she was a late bloomer almost a week and a half behind all of the other plants but she seems to be sizing up past all the rest at this point and i love the way she grows, on top of that the smell she's putting off just 6 days into flower is unbelievably putrid the plant stinks like hell, the only way i could describe it is like the smell of amonia and diesel with a splash of what a recycling plant smells like. I really hate the smell but i think it would be fun to use this strain to play around with some breeding, Putrid OG is what i would call my strain lol. all the other ones seem to be doing great as well, the leaves are a beautiful healthy shade of green, all old wounds have healed over, and i think this will be a very successful flower. anyway here's some before and after pics of 6 days growth.

Back
Top Bottom