Mono Grows A Kilo :)

This is very interesting and something I have noticed first hand. The first 2 weeks of 12/12 my new growth shows calcium deficiencies (light green) but then it goes away. Is this something I should be compensating for? Is it stressful to the lady's?

You have to ensure there is enough available calcium in the soil already during veg, giving a boost of available calcium by way of Calcium acetate from Apple cider vinegar and eggshells, or Molasses, along with Cal mag should stave off any late flowering Calcium deficiencies, as was said earlier in the thread minerals especially calcium are so very important to cellular health of any plant and will ensure a nutrient dense harvest of any veggies you grow. Be aware though that Calcium will buffer PH so adding it during flowering can cause some PH fluctuations that can stress a plant out, that's why it is better to have it in the soil from the start. This is where spiking can come in handy.

I agree, but even if there's a fluctuation, which I think is possible when add cider vinegar, you should look into microherd which are bacteria and funghi. I'm a LOS or true organic grower and I try to inoculate as early as it's possoble. If mycorrhizae successfuly attach to your root system, your plant will be able to stav off temps changes, insect infestations or PH swings. I usually see problems with PH i salt based nutrient grows, and they are common there really. But I remember when I was back in London and waz growing indoor, I was hitting all these plants with water at around 8,5 to 9 Ph, and they had just minor nitrogen deficiency :laughtwo: :bong:

Anyway, happy growing man!

Man, you guys are killing it with good info, thank you!

I was hitting all these plants with water at around 8,5 to 9 Ph, and they had just minor nitrogen deficiency :laughtwo: :bong:

Anyway, happy growing man!

It took a long time for me to realize that PH'ing water is meant more for soilless mediums, or Hydro, I agree with you and believe you 100%, I saw a plant grown in living soil heavily amended with Bokashi, the PH was 4.5 the plant looked amazing, this is related directly to the micro herd or beneficial fungi in the soil, if done properly Beneficial's can amplify the roots ability to take up minerals and nutrients and in return the plant increases root exudates which feed the proper micro herd. It is entirely possible to have a PH out of the normal range in a living soil and have no harm come to the plants.

My next project will be to grow the Mycorrhizae in my premade pots using Phalaris grass, then transplanting a plant into that pot to an already established Myco network and do a side by side with no ph'ing of water.

Managed to rig up a veg box (cage) :) Totally defoliated the Tutankhamon too :)

WP_20150312_002.jpg
WP_20150312_003.jpg

Skinny minnies lol. As mentioned in an earlier post you could try spiking in your pots.

To put it simply, when you girl goes into her final pot, you create a hole in your soil like sticking a dowel into the soil normally around the edge of the pot. You can have a few around the edge but do this before the plants roots have spread there so it's best done at re-potting time. In the holes you put your broken eggshells or other ingredients the plant may need later in it's life. When the roots reach the spike, the plant then has the calcium there to take whenever it feels it needs it. This way you are not flooding the soil with the calcium but you are putting it within reach for the roots to have when the plant needs it. This is a practice I will be doing with my Living Organic Soil(LOS) on my next grows.

Managed to rig up a veg box (cage) :) Totally defoliated the Tutankhamon too :)

WP_20150312_002.jpg
WP_20150312_003.jpg

Hiya mono... I see your using the same tactic as your awesome sleestack skunk... Going for extea rootage to soak up all the goodness in flower are we ??... Hope it works again mate... Coz it produced a stunner !!

Like the use of the dog crate... Why build when someones done it for you already

:high-five:

Skinny minnies lol. As mentioned in an earlier post you could try spiking in your pots.

To put it simply, when you girl goes into her final pot, you create a hole in your soil like sticking a dowel into the soil normally around the edge of the pot. You can have a few around the edge but do this before the plants roots have spread there so it's best done at re-potting time. In the holes you put your broken eggshells or other ingredients the plant may need later in it's life. When the roots reach the spike, the plant then has the calcium there to take whenever it feels it needs it. This way you are not flooding the soil with the calcium but you are putting it within reach for the roots to have when the plant needs it. This is a practice I will be doing with my Living Organic Soil(LOS) on my next grows.

Gotta love an organic grow..... A grower after my own heart..

I use a basic compost, with added perlite.... Crushed eggshells, worm casts from lawn, chicken poo pellets, fish/blood/bonemeal.. Woos fire ash...

Next grow will be using organic flowering nutes...

Plan short term veg... So will mix up the ingredients in the compost... Then water with my fish tank water... Get the good bacteria in the soil...

I am working on my grow space ... Honest !!! :cheer:... Just a bit skint and lacking the time... Weather improving tho... Bonus..

:Namaste:

Hiya mono... I see your using the same tactic as your awesome sleestack skunk... Going for extea rootage to soak up all the goodness in flower are we ??... Hope it works again mate... Coz it produced a stunner !!

Like the use of the dog crate... Why build when someones done it for you already

:high-five:

Hey matey. Going down much the same route as the sleestack, with a few changes:). I am thinking along the lines of much more transplants, and its more than likely going to be a good 9 week veg before the flowering area is free. Hopefully this will be the building block for 250g + plants :). That along with plenty of training and much torture haha.

You need to hurry along and get yourself another grow on the go :)

Thanks for the info bud! That does seem like the simplest, most effective way to provide calcium!

Now, would this work with both lime and eggshells? Not in the same pot, of course :)

There's no reason why you can't use both but on different parts of the pot. You can use spikes for anything really. The roots when they reach the spike will choose to take whatever's there or not depending on what they need. This applies to calcium, nitrogen, potassium or whatever you feel your plant needs at a later date. If the plant doesn't want it mate it will leave it so it is a good safeguard against deficiencies later in the grow. You don't have to limit a spike to an individual element, you can mix elements.

coming along nicely. you might yield even better if you don't cut anything from your plants and only lst. it's worth a try on one of your girls?

Back
Top Bottom