Mono Grows A Kilo :)

Did you say your in Scotland? and you're growing outside?

I'd love to do a stealth outdoor grow here in belfast; some patch of a park that no one seems to go to. Might do that this yeah with all the free herbies Afghani seeds that i seem to have a lot of lo
I never leave them to veg long enough to be pulling pounds but theres one plant I'm planning to veg for a few months, so maybe that'll be my pounder lol

Them big containers you've got there look like you could veg for ages in them. I've got one of those, i think I should get more.

That's the problem with this hobby, you always want more lol

nice grow spots. I would get that dead plant out of your outdoor area because it can attract disease.

Thanks, B. If your talking about the plant in the left, or bottom of the bed. It looks dead, right? It's a Russian strain of Purple Kale, its still alive and growing, just sulking with the cold. It will make a good soup soon :).

You have really got me thinking though. We really want to use this pollytunnel to its full potential this season, I wonder how that will impact growing weed or how growing weed will impact veggies :)

Man, I like that poly tunnel. I was thinking of something like that. Around here in the summer we'll occasionally get crazy weather patterns. Heavy rain, winds, it's just unpredictable and can run havoc on a grow.

I've got the rebar and pvc to make a tunnel. Now that I'm legal maybe that is a solution....

Good stuff!!

What mil or thickness poly do you use? Is it greenhouse poly? I'm not even sure I know what that is, but I assume a bit thicker???

I hear ya on the weather. Under plastic or under glass growing gives much greater control.

I'm pretty sure its just greenhouse polly. Although this tunnel has been here years before us.

I just got done googling that tunnel.. It's actually a UK based product,, polytunnel..just add a dot com to the name if you want to see....

Thanks the follow-up ;)

Hey Mono....things are looking nice and posh in here:)......looking forward to the future:)......How was that Dinafem WW for smoke and yield....i missed the weights if you put them up and the smoke report......mine is almost 3 weeks into 12/12.......i have trained her so hard that she hasnt stretched much.....only about 8 inches making her about 16 inches total now......24 x 24 x 16:).....but she is stout....i have about 30 tops on her so i am hoping for a nice yield and powerful stone:)

Hey Mono....things are looking nice and posh in here:)......looking forward to the future:)......How was that Dinafem WW for smoke and yield....i missed the weights if you put them up and the smoke report......mine is almost 3 weeks into 12/12.......i have trained her so hard that she hasnt stretched much.....only about 8 inches making her about 16 inches total now......24 x 24 x 16:).....but she is stout....i have about 30 tops on her so i am hoping for a nice yield and powerful stone:)

Thank you very much sir. The dinafem WW - well, she grows well, really dense buds. I did fim her at the start of flowering by mistake! Went 12/12 from seed on her and overall yield was a few grams over an ounce. Not had a chance to sample her yet, but smells amazing!

Quick note, she developed a calcium deficiency quite early. :)

Yours sounds like she is going to be an absolute beauty of a plant buddy!

Not much to report so far... Couple days into 12/12 and all is well :). Tomorrow i will be doing a small amount of transplanting to move the smaller girls into bigger, final pots. This quick flip to flowering everything has knocked me off a bit lol. I have noticed the Frisian dew are rather stretchy even under the dual spectrum lights. I'm presuming this will be their sativa traits showing through. Really hoping to see two purple phenos in them :)

WP_20150227_011.jpg

Thank you very much sir. The dinafem WW - well, she grows well, really dense buds. I did fim her at the start of flowering by mistake! Went 12/12 from seed on her and overall yield was a few grams over an ounce. Not had a chance to sample her yet, but smells amazing!

Quick note, she developed a calcium deficiency quite early. :)

Yours sounds like she is going to be an absolute beauty of a plant buddy!

That is very encouraging that you got a little over an ounce going 12/12 from seed:).....i am hoping for a minimum of 6 to 7 off her:).....i hope anyway.....maybe more:).......did you do any defol on yours? and did you train at all......mine has responded well to my heavy training on her but i am not sure how hard i want to defol her so curious what you did:)....Thank you for your answers already my friend:).....I hope you and Mrs Mono are having a pleasant evening:)

It's going to be a long haul on them Frisians mate.

I'm getting bits ready for the great outdoors too. It seems a long long way off to harvest time.

It sure is a long way off for an outdoor harvest. Really only get one shot at it each year so got to make sure its all perfect haha :) Good to hear I'm not the only one prepping for the outdoor season:)

That is very encouraging that you got a little over an ounce going 12/12 from seed:).....i am hoping for a minimum of 6 to 7 off her:).....i hope anyway.....maybe more:).......did you do any defol on yours? and did you train at all......mine has responded well to my heavy training on her but i am not sure how hard i want to defol her so curious what you did:)....Thank you for your answers already my friend:).....I hope you and Mrs Mono are having a pleasant evening:)

Indeed bud, she is a good strain. I sort of left her to her own devices other than topping her once and fim at week 1 of flower. Don't even think I fed her at all... Seems like a very resilient strain to high stress training so I'm sure you can go quite heavy on the bending:). Best wishes to you and yours matey :)

This room is already starting to get annoying haha. In fairness it was put together in 5 or so hours with things I had lying around, it's already showing flaws. I'm thinking after this run, I may shut the area down for a week / two and do a complete rebuild of the area when there is nothing growing there. By the end of this flowering cycle things should be well under way outdoors so a week off from indoor growing should be all good.

I'm thinking of 2 x 600 watt hps in the space. It's around 1.5m x 2.5m. Not looking for complete coverage of the area but do you guys think two 600's would fill the area enough?

2 x 600 watt hps would be fine for that space mate but keep an eye on temps.

Nice pictures mate. That Frisian front left on the first pic looked like a ballet dancer with a tutu lol.

Cheers matey :). Always knew temps would be a pain even without the other 600 with the grow currently in the loft. Do have a second extractor so hopefully should be able to keep them under control.

Don't usually have much of a problem with keeping things cool, more keeping things warm at lights out lol.

Back
Top Bottom